50th anniversary special edition mustang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:40 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
What a rip off and it's still ugly as hell to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
What a rip off and it's still ugly as hell to me.

Thx your opinion is really valued here.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

50th anniversary special edition mustang

Sorry for the negativity OP, this site sux when anyone brings up the '15. Everyone just LOVES their 11-14 and feels the need to crap on the '15.

Your dad got a kickass car, nuff said. Who cares what he paid, it's not just a $1,600 package and it's not anyone else's money.

Skip this site if you want to chat about/show pictures/not get bashed if it's the '15 you want to talk about. Same ppl always show up just to say they don't like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 05:49 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
It's a nice car, just a shame that the dealership took advantage of his dad on the markup. But they get away with it because people are dumb enough to pay it. Sucks to start out that far upside down in a new car. Especially one that's uniqueness is purely cosmetic. Reminds me of back when the Mazda Miata premiered and dealers were selling them at 10-15K+ over sticker. I would have waited and got the GT350 with that money if it was me?!? People will be ordering those parts and making clones in the next couple years I'm sure.
MADSCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2329 View Post
Paid 64k the dealer was asking 70.. The sticker price is 48k.. The dealer he got it from is located right out of Houston they are the largest mustang and raptor dealer in the nation

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You said your pops was lucky? What was he lucky at, because paying 64k for a GT sounds laughable and hope the dealership threw in a bottle of KY jelly for some added ease of the sale. So what was your pops lucky with?

Don't get me wrong, congrats to your family on getting the 2015 mustang but hope he didn't buy it thinking this was gonna be worth a bunch of money years later. Your father just bought a limited production Gt with some different emblems and call it a day.

Unfortunately, there is nothing so special about that mustang over any other 2015 5.0 that makes it a value of 20k mark up but god bless your father and America.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post
It's a nice car, just a shame that the dealership took advantage of his dad on the markup. But they get away with it because people are dumb enough to pay it. Sucks to start out that far upside down in a new car. Especially one that's uniqueness is purely cosmetic. Reminds me of back when the Mazda Miata premiered and dealers were selling them at 10-15K+ over sticker. I would have waited and got the GT350 with that money if it was me?!? People will be ordering those parts and making clones in the next couple years I'm sure.
I don't think the dealership took advantage. They listed a price and dude willingly paid 20k over MSRP. Nobody forced the guy to buy the car. If people refused to pay the 20k plus markup the dealerships wouldn't ask for it. Its America. If I'm selling my base 2011 3.7 for 55k and you are dumb enough too pay that price then whose fault is it?

Shame on you the buyer not the seller.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm not knocking the car. I wouldn't mind having one, but I PERSONALLY would not pay a penny over sticker it.

In fact, I'm used to always paying well below sticker, at or below invoice price. So to pay well over sticker is being raped by the dealership. Yes, it "market value" if people are going to pay for it. But they're still getting it for the invoice price which is probably about $4-5k less than the sticker. So they (the dealership) would have made a nice profit on the car just at sticker price.

THEN the car WOULD have appreciated to a higher "market value" over time due to it being a limited edition, but the dealership already took that appreciation away from the purchaser by making him pay TOP dollar. So OP's dad will probably never make money on it.

Yes, people will pay over sticker for a collector car, but he just paid at the upper limit of that range I'd bet. The average price paid for these will probably be a few grand over sticker. This guy got one of the first ones delivered, so he paid a lot over sticker for it.

I'm just trying to figure out if you can get that $1,600 50 year appearance package on any new car that is not an official 50 year numbered car ? Or if they're just showing you that option if you're building a car to turn in in to one of the 1964 limited editions costs $1,600.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Enjoy the car, hope you get to drive it as well looks nice and something to remember for a long time.
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Who cares what the car may or may not be worth.
He bought the car bc he wanted it, doubt he bought it for a investment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

True that Rap and if dude likes a 64k Gt that has nothing more than some emblems , godspeed to him. If I were going to buy a 2015 and spend 64k it certainly wouldn't be a Gt model. It would be a model such as upcoming Gt350, Mach1, Steeda, Saleen, MMD, RTR, Roush editions
Old 11-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yep. Like I said some ppl have money and they can spend it on whatever the hell makes them happy. You only live once and you can't take it with you.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #47

great car, love that color, but man that markup after MSRP is ridiculous.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

50th anniversary special edition mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post

For badgings I think marketing companies or sign companies can replicate damn near every badging there is. And probably for a lot less cost but I know it's not just the badges. There's the trim leather and specialty colors...

But honestly as for collectibility this 2015 GT isn't a really special or unique model. Not the first to have IRS, not a particularly powerful or track dominating rendition, and it's the first global model so that means damn near every Tom Dick and Jane has one in the world that actually wants one so it won't be like anyone hurting to find one 10-30 years down the road. Referring to a 2015 and not an actual 50th edition.

If you paid regular price then great but by paying $16k over MSRP that's just... Hmmm not my money so whatever lmao.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I don't think the dealership took advantage. They listed a price and dude willingly paid 20k over MSRP. Nobody forced the guy to buy the car. If people refused to pay the 20k plus markup the dealerships wouldn't ask for it. Its America. If I'm selling my base 2011 3.7 for 55k and you are dumb enough too pay that price then whose fault is it?

Shame on you the buyer not the seller.

I see what you did right there kona! You snuck in "dumb enough" comment! Lol sneaky bastard

Old 11-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I see what you did right there kona! You snuck in "dumb enough" comment! Lol sneaky bastard

Ha ha ha. You wouldn't be dumb bro. I can't pull the wool over your eyes. I'll sell you my modded 3.7 for the low price of 45k. Its a limited edition model called the Eric Goodman. There was 1 of 1 made. Complete with red painted calipers and plasti dip all over the f ing place. Ha ha ha ha ha
Old 11-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Thx your opinion is really valued here.
So because I'm not sucking up to my opinion doesn't matter. Lol. Fanboys kill me.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #52

its a markup because its rare, its kona blue, im sure they are only making a few hundred of these in Kona, and its just akeepsake item, if i had that money i wouldve bought one. OP im jealous of your dad. anyone who hates on these cars obviously hasnt had the blessing of getting to drive one and appreciate how finely tuned and how much work ford has put into them.
KonaBlueBryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #53
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2329 View Post
My dad was one of the lucky few who got one of the 1964 mustangs they are building for mustangs 50th birthday. It is car number 80, it is just incredible!Attachment 169455Attachment 169456Attachment 169457Attachment 169458Attachment 169459Attachment 169460Attachment 169461Attachment 169462Attachment 169463

Beautiful! That's the color I want, unless there is another blue to choose from when the Mach 1's come out.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #54
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Beautiful! That's the color I want, unless there is another blue to choose from when the Mach 1's come out.
That is Kona blue in the picture, it was an 11-12 color. Which they brought back only for the 1964 50th anniversary Mustangs they are making. Other than that there is Deep Impact Blue.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaBlueBryar View Post
its a markup because its rare, its kona blue, im sure they are only making a few hundred of these in Kona, and its just akeepsake item, if i had that money i wouldve bought one. OP im jealous of your dad. anyone who hates on these cars obviously hasnt had the blessing of getting to drive one and appreciate how finely tuned and how much work ford has put into them.
You do have a great point about the Kona Blue color. If anyone is interested I have a 2011 Kona Blue 3.7. Very rare Goodman edition stang. Yours for the low price of 45k, price reduced from 47k.

I'll even throw in my autograph on the car and a pack of wet one toilet wipes in case you soil yourself from owning this rare 1 of 1 mustang.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #56
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
That is Kona blue in the picture, it was an 11-12 color. Which they brought back only for the 1964 50th anniversary Mustangs they are making. Other than that there is Deep Impact Blue.
That's cool! I didn't know that. I get Kona blue and DIB mixed up, unless they are right next to each other. I noticed the trim around the windows. Is that special to this '64/50th?
Old 11-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #57
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
You do have a great point about the Kona Blue color. If anyone is interested I have a 2011 Kona Blue 3.7. Very rare Goodman edition stang. Yours for the low price of 45k, price reduced from 47k.

I'll even throw in my autograph on the car and a pack of wet one toilet wipes in case you soil yourself from owning this rare 1 of 1 mustang.

Name:   images.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  3.6 KB
Old 11-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaBlueBryar View Post

The thing is if you break any car down you can get it to be 1 of x produced and say it's rare but just because it's rare doesn't mean it's worth a lot. Reminds me of people who list cars that will break it down to 1 of 600 cars that are blue, manual trans, cloth seats, no a/c, etc. just because it's one I 600 don't mean it's worth any more then book value. Although this is a perfect example of something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. No more no less.

No one is denying its a beautiful car but most wouldn't consider it a deal at 16 k over sticker. But even at that some people think it's dumb to pay 40 k for a premium GT when you can get a base that offers the same performance for 32k. It's all in what people want to spend there money on as not everyone is concerned with having a 9-10 second car.

I just hope he actually drives it and enjoys it because unfortunately when cars are marked up like this and labeled as special edition they generally end up sitting in someone's collection and never driven.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry for the negativity OP, this site sux when anyone brings up the '15. Everyone just LOVES their 11-14 and feels the need to crap on the '15.

Your dad got a kickass car, nuff said. Who cares what he paid, it's not just a $1,600 package and it's not anyone else's money.

Skip this site if you want to chat about/show pictures/not get bashed if it's the '15 you want to talk about. Same ppl always show up just to say they don't like it.
Just because various forum members don't share the same love and enthusiasm for the 2015 model as you do, doesn't mean the site is junk. No need for butt hurt over the 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415737607143.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	169556   Click image for larger version

Name:	1415737618350.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	169557  

Old 11-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just because various forum members don't share the same love and enthusiasm for the 2015 model as you do, doesn't mean the site is junk. No need for butt hurt over the 2015.
Beat me to it.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Beat me to it.

Amen bro. 😎
Old 11-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude he posted his 15 order report with VIN and other info. I told him that people could get a spare fob made because CNN or someone like that have been able to get keys made without even having to verify with a picture ID just as long as you have the VIN and address.

The butthurt boy edits his post:

Finally in production.

Edited - I have no issues posting my order but whatever so be it....

Seems to me he has the tendency to get way too butt hurt to have anything said to him. Don't like ME then only thing you should do that makes sense - GTFO 😊

Old 11-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Pictures of the 50th anniversary edition have been my desktop background for several months now... since April when they released the pictures. I love the look of it! I agree that the OP's dad paid too much of a premium, but who cares, I'm still jealous.

Will - which dealership is it, exactly? Planet Ford? I go to Houston every other weekend to see my gf. Would like to drop by to see it if they have any more.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So because I'm not sucking up to my opinion doesn't matter. Lol. Fanboys kill me.

Nobody wants your fing opinion when you come into someone's thread about a new car they got and trash it. Just don't say anything.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #65
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Nobody wants your fing opinion when you come into someone's thread about a new car they got and trash it. Just don't say anything.

This is true. We all know some of you hate the 2015, so go stroke an s197 thread.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Old 11-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Ha this site and all of you crack me up,

Enjoy your cars, I'll enjoy mine.

Hey Kona didn't your signature complain about another mustang site you were kicked out of? Sure do love your "Boss 227" though. Sorry guys, I will leave now and the great circle jerk of 2014 can commence.

Oh and since your trolling M6G why don't you take a look at the orders thread and see how many vins and all that have been posted already.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #67
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Ha this site and all of you crack me up,

Enjoy your cars, I'll enjoy mine.

Hey Kona didn't your signature complain about another mustang site you were kicked out of? Sure do love your "Boss 227" though. Sorry guys, I will leave now and the great circle jerk of 2014 can commence.

Oh and since your trolling M6G why don't you take a look at the orders thread and see how many vins and all that have been posted already.

He got banned for hating on every 2015 thread lol.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Dude he posted his 15 order report with VIN and other info. I told him that people could get a spare fob made because CNN or someone like that have been able to get keys made without even having to verify with a picture ID just as long as you have the VIN and address.

The butthurt boy edits his post:

Finally in production.

Edited - I have no issues posting my order but whatever so be it....

Seems to me he has the tendency to get way too butt hurt to have anything said to him. Don't like ME then only thing you should do that makes sense - GTFO 😊

Amen too that. Don't let the door hit you in the backside. I think this should says it all Dallas. Ha ha ha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415745052636.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	169562  
Old 11-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
He got banned for hating on every 2015 thread lol.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
And proud of the ban too. I got banned because I exercised my own thought process and expressed my opinion about the 2015. I do the same no different than on this great site. I can't help it that other mustang sites have a bunch of candy a$$ panzies who get butt hurt for not agreeing with them.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's an open forum. If you can't take criticism don't post. It's the same if we were in person. I'd say the same thing and not care how you feel about it. You guys have no problem talking about other brands but your fanboyism hates when others don't fall in line with you. Go cry in your car son.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT