2015 EcoBoost Mustang Autocrossing with Steeda Suspension Upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
2015 EcoBoost Mustang Autocrossing with Steeda Suspension Upgrades

Hello All:

Here is our competition orange 2015 Mustang EcoBoost autocrossing after being equipped with Steeda's suspension upgrades (adjustable front/rear sway bar and Sport lowering springs).

The EcoBoost ran a 58.9 which beat the 61.8 time of a Porsche 911 Turbo that was also in attendance.

Also, with the only modifications to the car being our revised rear sway bar and Sport lowering springs installed, We were able to pull 1.05 G's on Nitto Invo tires during skid pad testing. Impressive results so far, especially on street tires.

Here is the video of our autocross run at Spence Field in Moultrie, GA, this past weekend and pictures that show the stance of the car with our Steeda Sport lowering springs installed. You can notice just how flat the car was cornering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=vK_LUiK51fw

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Looks like I have a new standard to set my car to. Hoping to be taking down Porsches at AutoX very soon.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Very cool, any plans for HP increases on the Eco?
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Just finally watched the video... Interesting course set up. Haven't done one like that yet. Hard to judge the characteristics of the car on that type of course. It almost looks as if the car is understeer prone. I saw the point where he slid the back end out, i do that nearly every Autocross with my car, but more purposefully. A more technical track will really show how the car handles.

HID end all thread
Old 11-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Just finally watched the video... Interesting course set up. Haven't done one like that yet. Hard to judge the characteristics of the car on that type of course. It almost looks as if the car is understeer prone. I saw the point where he slid the back end out, i do that nearly every Autocross with my car, but more purposefully. A more technical track will really show how the car handles.

I see what you're saying, but on that second hairpin it looks much more intentional. I think he's meaning to do it.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

0:50 (of video, not course time) was the point where it seems like the car may have understeer, hard to tell exactly since there are only 3-4 major corners (the hairpins). The part at 0:22 does seem intentional so i'm not worried about that.

It comes out of corners fairly well from what i see, that part caught my eye at 0:38-0:41.

I'm mainly trying to see how my car stacks up against it w/ mods or stock.

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT