Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2015 - Difference between Base and Premium

49K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  Strange Mud 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me the difference between the base gt and premium gt I know it's more luxury any features you miss out on

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
Its kind of a long list. Go to ford.com and build and price a premium. It'll tell you exactly what's been added. Here's what the base probably doesn't have

Leather seats
Sync maybe
Shaker radio
Blind spot monitor
Auto dimming mirrors
Electric seats
My ford touch

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#7 ·
The Base and Premium the main things you do not get stock are..

Leather seats and some touch area too
Ford My touch Sync version of the Audio system with 8" screen (or any shaker variant)
The dual climate control and toggle switches for drive modes
Blind spot monitoring

The lists above are not 100% accurate because many options you can order for the Base GT as addons such as you can add backup sensors, Track Pack, Racaros.

Base comes (STANDARD) with backup camera and standard sync audio, electric seats (driver and passenger), dimming rearview mirror, full controls on the leather steering wheel, sunvisors have lighted mirros, my key, track apps and 4" center pod screen

The base comes with a lot more standard feature than the last gen car.

#9 ·
Its funny how the little things matter.

#11 ·
Some of the options too are not black and white between premium vs. base. For example with the 14's you can add the sync package which includes sync, power drivers seat, and fog lights to a base. There is also a big difference between a premium model and a premium with all the premium add on's added to it. Best thing to do is build one on Fords website so you know how much all the options are costing and if you really want them.

One thing I noticed at least in my area is all of the 15's are premium models with several add on's so the eco boost models are going for 33-35 compared to a base at 26k.

#13 · (Edited)
Then order the base premium package (401a) and performance pack and recaros online...done. dont start clicking things after that it can add up fast.

#15 ·
I am pretty sure they do not.

#17 ·
The base gt has a completely different Acm with climate control system, you only get the toggles with the 8" screen.

I think you still get the drive modes through the info center 4" screen in the ICP though.

#18 ·
Honestly with all the features in the 2015 I don't see the reason to get anything but a base with the upgraded brakes. If that's possible...

#24 ·
It is. Get the Performance pack. Some guy on here, I don't remember who, said it's not worth it because you just get upgraded brakes, and 373 gears. You get way more than that. A Torsen diferential, stiffer ani-sway bars, adjustable shocks, and struts, slightly lowered springs, wider wheels with wider tires. I was looking at one when I got my 15. Microfiber seats, performance pack base GT also no toggles. (to answer other questions regarding the toggles.) Was really interested as they had it pretty cheap. They were asking 31,999. It was a 16. I hated that generic silver thats on so many cars though. I ended up with a Magnetic Metallic premium PP GT.

#21 ·
Maybe but not without a PCM flash I bet, because with the can bus network and programmable modules most likely you will not see a set of aftermarket toggle switches. Like there will not be a Mycolor option at all in the info display options on the Base because the As built data is not flashed with that feature. So even if you were to grab all the hardware and install it you will need a program of sorts to enable it anyway. Most likely like in some head units with touch screens added aftermarket to the 10-14's if it provided sync it still means the car had to come with sync standard, it does not just add it.

Thats why if you want it just order it and be done with it.

#28 ·
reviving this thread.
do all premiums come with the heated and cooled seats? thought that was the comfort package. also, dose the remote start only come on the automatics? i understand itd be harder to have a remote start on a manual but i feel like the awesome people at ford could figure it out...plus i would KILL for it haha :cheers:

#29 · (Edited)
Holy thread revival Batman.

Premium:
400a - everything the base GT has plus, Sync 3, 9-speaker system, ambient lighting, dual-zone AC controls, home link garage door opener, heated/cooled seats, toggle switches below radio for driving modes, etc. , PUSH BUTTON START for AUTOMATICS ONLY.

401a - stuff above plus, 12-speakers (sub in trunk), memory seats & mirrors, Blind spot info system

Voice Activated Navigation is a separate $795 item for either package.

#30 ·
Red,

some aftermarket installers will remote start a MT. IF I remember correctly the safety procedure Involves closing the door with the engine running (verify s neutral) then shutting down the car and arming it. Remote start will then work as long as the door has not been opened.

plz don't kill me.

it ain't a thread revival it's good search!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.