2015 - Difference between Base and Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
2015 - Difference between Base and Premium

Can someone tell me the difference between the base gt and premium gt I know it's more luxury any features you miss out on

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Kingakeem17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
We can

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What don't you get with the base gt that's a must have

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Its kind of a long list. Go to ford.com and build and price a premium. It'll tell you exactly what's been added. Here's what the base probably doesn't have

Leather seats
Sync maybe
Shaker radio
Blind spot monitor
Auto dimming mirrors
Electric seats
My ford touch

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
That blind spot monitoring is pretty awesome in the 2015

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:20 AM   #6

Region: Texas
My '15 GT Prem came with heated/cooled seats, memory seating, and some other fancy shmancy stuff, but not sure what's tied to options vs Prem level.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-28-2014, 05:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
The Base and Premium the main things you do not get stock are..

Leather seats and some touch area too
Ford My touch Sync version of the Audio system with 8" screen (or any shaker variant)
The dual climate control and toggle switches for drive modes
Blind spot monitoring

The lists above are not 100% accurate because many options you can order for the Base GT as addons such as you can add backup sensors, Track Pack, Racaros.

Base comes (STANDARD) with backup camera and standard sync audio, electric seats (driver and passenger), dimming rearview mirror, full controls on the leather steering wheel, sunvisors have lighted mirros, my key, track apps and 4" center pod screen

The base comes with a lot more standard feature than the last gen car.
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:01 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok i really want the toggle switches I guess the premium is what I'm going with

Old 11-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Its funny how the little things matter.
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
Old 11-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedirocker View Post
My '15 GT Prem came with heated/cooled seats, memory seating, and some other fancy shmancy stuff, but not sure what's tied to options vs Prem level.
I should have waited to get a 2015!! I want cooled seats, remote start & memory seats!
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Some of the options too are not black and white between premium vs. base. For example with the 14's you can add the sync package which includes sync, power drivers seat, and fog lights to a base. There is also a big difference between a premium model and a premium with all the premium add on's added to it. Best thing to do is build one on Fords website so you know how much all the options are costing and if you really want them.

One thing I noticed at least in my area is all of the 15's are premium models with several add on's so the eco boost models are going for 33-35 compared to a base at 26k.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

All I really want is toggle switches racing seats and pp

Old 11-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Then order the base premium package (401a) and performance pack and recaros online...done. dont start clicking things after that it can add up fast.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Toggle switches come in the base gt

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Selectable drive modes

Old 11-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingakeem17 View Post
Toggle switches come in the base gt

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Selectable drive modes

I am pretty sure they do not.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Then I need the premium

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Soon when the winter break I'll order

Old 11-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

The base gt has a completely different Acm with climate control system, you only get the toggles with the 8" screen.

I think you still get the drive modes through the info center 4" screen in the ICP though.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Honestly with all the features in the 2015 I don't see the reason to get anything but a base with the upgraded brakes. If that's possible...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The premium adds leather seats, Ford Sync plus some other goodies. Do I think it's worth $4000, no but I got it anyway. I think it also includes the ability to change the interior light colors. I'm not sure the base has it.
BlueBellThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

There will probably be aftermarket options to add those switches in
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
There will probably be aftermarket options to add those switches in
Maybe but not without a PCM flash I bet, because with the can bus network and programmable modules most likely you will not see a set of aftermarket toggle switches. Like there will not be a Mycolor option at all in the info display options on the Base because the As built data is not flashed with that feature. So even if you were to grab all the hardware and install it you will need a program of sorts to enable it anyway. Most likely like in some head units with touch screens added aftermarket to the 10-14's if it provided sync it still means the car had to come with sync standard, it does not just add it.

Thats why if you want it just order it and be done with it.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Cyclone View Post
I am pretty sure they do not.
You are correct sir. They do not.
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
C013RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe but not without a PCM flash I bet, because with the can bus network and programmable modules most likely you will not see a set of aftermarket toggle switches. Like there will not be a Mycolor option at all in the info display options on the Base because the As built data is not flashed with that feature. So even if you were to grab all the hardware and install it you will need a program of sorts to enable it anyway. Most likely like in some head units with touch screens added aftermarket to the 10-14's if it provided sync it still means the car had to come with sync standard, it does not just add it.

Thats why if you want it just order it and be done with it.
Well there are aftermarket 8" head units now that implement sync and nav by using a custom unit, and it does not require a control module flash. The can bus system is functionally similar to the S197 there were tons of changes with the S550 that did not carry over. Like the speed sensor previously used in calibrating your speedometer is now pulling data via your abs module and now has a varying amount of auto adjustment min_max values not requiring a flash for grear or tire ratios. Where S197s you had to change the values in the pcm with a tuner. So I suspect its not as rigid a platform than the last gen.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Honestly with all the features in the 2015 I don't see the reason to get anything but a base with the upgraded brakes. If that's possible...
It is. Get the Performance pack. Some guy on here, I don't remember who, said it's not worth it because you just get upgraded brakes, and 373 gears. You get way more than that. A Torsen diferential, stiffer ani-sway bars, adjustable shocks, and struts, slightly lowered springs, wider wheels with wider tires. I was looking at one when I got my 15. Microfiber seats, performance pack base GT also no toggles. (to answer other questions regarding the toggles.) Was really interested as they had it pretty cheap. They were asking 31,999. It was a 16. I hated that generic silver thats on so many cars though. I ended up with a Magnetic Metallic premium PP GT.
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C013RA View Post
It is. Get the Performance pack. Some guy on here, I don't remember who, said it's not worth it because you just get upgraded brakes, and 373 gears. You get way more than that. A Torsen diferential, stiffer ani-sway bars, adjustable shocks, and struts, slightly lowered springs, wider wheels with wider tires. I was looking at one when I got my 15. Microfiber seats, performance pack base GT also no toggles. (to answer other questions regarding the toggles.) Was really interested as they had it pretty cheap. They were asking 31,999. It was a 16. I hated that generic silver thats on so many cars though. I ended up with a Magnetic Metallic premium PP GT.
my favorite color s550
Old 12-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Like the speed sensor previously used in calibrating your speedometer is now pulling data via your abs module and now has a varying amount of auto adjustment min_max values not requiring a flash for grear or tire ratios. Where S197s you had to change the values in the pcm with a tuner. So I suspect its not as rigid a platform than the last gen.
Wow, so I was right to a point. I put up a thread about my car realizing my tires were a different size. I was suspecting GPS had something to do with it. My Tuner showed me very accurate details about my tires diameter that people didn't believe me when I told them the car somehow knew the tire size. The tuner said the car reported a tire diameter of 27.04" the tires are rated at 27.01" the last set on my car were 28.11". My last GT a 2012 GT/CS had tires with a diameter of 27.7" Several people in the thread didn't believe me. Said it was from the last flash from my programmer which never had a 27.04" size programmed in. PP GT's tires are 27.7" factory. So I absolutely believe you. Also there was no option in my tuner to set tire size. Guess I know why now. I feel vindicated now.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:00 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Tire size changes are made through the BCM, not the PCM. A tuner cannot make the appropriate changes. You would need the Whipple flare tool for that.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:19 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Tire size changes are made through the BCM, not the PCM. A tuner cannot make the appropriate changes. You would need the Whipple flare tool for that.
Only if the tire size or final gear ratio is wildly out spec (say going from a 3.15 to a 4.10 or 4.56 would probably need a flash, however going from a 3.15/3.31 to a 3.55/3.73 prob not), and its not the BCM that gets changed its the ABS module. The reason for the flare tool or similar is just for that purpose. I have been through that process a number of times. Most BCMs are programable via IDS. The reason for the change I believe has to do with how Ford programs cars during assembly line production now, they are wirelessly programmed coming down the line now I was told by Whipple.

It was way smarter pulling speed data from abs a source that was already doing so instead of a dedicated sensor, but it did create the need for that one tool to flash the unit. It is not however a BCM.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
reviving this thread.
do all premiums come with the heated and cooled seats? thought that was the comfort package. also, dose the remote start only come on the automatics? i understand itd be harder to have a remote start on a manual but i feel like the awesome people at ford could figure it out...plus i would KILL for it haha
RedAtlGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAtlGT View Post
reviving this thread.
do all premiums come with the heated and cooled seats? thought that was the comfort package. also, dose the remote start only come on the automatics? i understand itd be harder to have a remote start on a manual but i feel like the awesome people at ford could figure it out...plus i would KILL for it haha
Holy thread revival Batman.

Premium:
400a - everything the base GT has plus, Sync 3, 9-speaker system, ambient lighting, dual-zone AC controls, home link garage door opener, heated/cooled seats, toggle switches below radio for driving modes, etc. , PUSH BUTTON START for AUTOMATICS ONLY.

401a - stuff above plus, 12-speakers (sub in trunk), memory seats & mirrors, Blind spot info system

Voice Activated Navigation is a separate $795 item for either package.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #31
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Red,

some aftermarket installers will remote start a MT. IF I remember correctly the safety procedure Involves closing the door with the engine running (verify s neutral) then shutting down the car and arming it. Remote start will then work as long as the door has not been opened.

plz don't kill me.

it ain't a thread revival it's good search!
Old 03-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Red,

some aftermarket installers will remote start a MT. IF I remember correctly the safety procedure Involves closing the door with the engine running (verify s neutral) then shutting down the car and arming it. Remote start will then work as long as the door has not been opened.

plz don't kill me.

it ain't a thread revival it's good search!
My ex's grandfather had it on his manual Nissan Sentra.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I don't see why you couldn't instal remote start on a manual. They don't usually because most people leave it in gear so it would stall or not turn over if you used it but if you left it in neutral it would work fine.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I got a '16 base GT with the performance package which came with the Brembo brakes. I think it depends on your dealer's stock
BLK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #35

Wow I didn't realize how old this thread was...oops
BLK16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT