How many sold a 2011-14 to buy a 2015? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Sir- Like I said " You are the only person alive"

That can safely look at a touch screen while driving done the highway. I don't think anyone else can do what you do.

Ain't no way a touch screen is easier to use then twisting or pushing a knob.
Knobs are so easy even us people with half a brain can use them without looking at them.

It is only a matter of time before you run off the road and wreck your Mustang. I just hope you do not run into anyone else.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
One good thing about using maps versus a NAV system is that it forced you to learn streets and also have actual navigation skills/memory. It's shocking to me how many people just don't have a clue how to get anyplace by themselves any more.

My son's car won't have NAV in it and his cell phone doesn't have a data plan or texting, either.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #38
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
That can safely look at a touch screen while driving done the highway. I don't think anyone else can do what you do.

Knobs are so easy even us people with half a brain can use them without looking at them.

It is only a matter of time before you run off the road and wreck your Mustang. I just hope you do not run into anyone else.
Ronnie
I guess it is true you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

I find it easier to touch the screen to change volume or something else than to turn a knob. Maybe not for you, but you can't just blatantly say what I find easier for MYSELF.

Let me give you a bit more info since you may not be getting it.

My unit is almost always set on bluetooth or the radio, so when its on the radio and i want to change the station, i touch the number on the screen of the station i have selected. Is that not the exact same thing you do with a physical button? Yes it is. And my volume control, with the unit it is not a turn knob, it is a + and a - i press on the bottom of the screen, so if i want to change the volume i don't have to worry about hitting a bump and then cranking it all the way up, or all the way down like i do in every single other car i drive with knobs (yes it happens a lot, hit a button and you turn it more than you want, can't do that when its a + and -). If i want to go between radio and bluetooth i press the arrow in the top left, pulls down a small screen of options to choose, so i press Bluetooth. Then my phone automatically connects and starts playing my last playlist i was using. Easier than fumbling around with an AM/FM or other Bluetooth buttons. It isn't even a NAV system but it allows me to open google maps on my phone and select a destination, and then i hear the directions through the car (nothing displayed on the screen).

So to say "It is only a matter of time before you run off the road and wreck your Mustang. I just hope you do not run into anyone else." is a complete arrogant statement on your part. All the safety you are "preaching" and you hope i run my car off the road? You just contradicted yourself completely.

I see where you are coming from, but touch screen units are nowhere near as bad as you think to operate, and cars that have them from the factory nowadays already have built in safeties so you can't do certain stuff when moving the car, like was mentioned before. Not to mention to even press buttons on a normal set up, you still have to look at the knob to know you are turning the right one.

Yes i am part of the younger generation, so it may seem blasphemy to you that we can have all this new technology everywhere, but it is something i was born and raised with, which is why i find it much easier than the traditional knob.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #39
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Here is a visual so you can see how easy it is to use.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1417374629.111260.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	442.7 KB
ID:	170540

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Ronnie
That's why they give u controls on the steering wheel.. so u don't have to look away..

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 11-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #41
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
That's why they give u controls on the steering wheel.. so u don't have to look away..

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
The models that come with the touch screen also come with voice control. So it really is easier than people think to use them.

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I guess it is true you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

So to say "It is only a matter of time before you run off the road and wreck your Mustang. I just hope you do not run into anyone else." is a complete arrogant statement on your part. All the safety you are "preaching" and you hope i run my car off the road? You just contradicted yourself completely.

You twisted Ronnie's words. You've taken a little from each sentence, combined them together and said he hopes you run your car off the road. He never said that.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #43
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
You twisted Ronnie's words. You've taken a little from each sentence, combined them together and said he hopes you run your car off the road. He never said that.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
So its okay for him to say that about anyone then? Either way preaching about safety and then proclaiming that contradict each other. Simple as that. Maybe he could have used better word choice than saying "you". Perhaps say "someone" instead since "you" indicates you are speaking to someone.

If Ronnie doesn't think it is safe then he doesn't have to use one, no issue there. I've never had any issue with mine distracting me. I know plenty of other people who have never been distracted by theirs.

Statistically texting shows the most cases for distracted driving anyway. Haven't seen a study yet about touch screen units causing distracted driving, so until there are actual statistics all we can do is speculate from our own experience.

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So its okay for him to say that about anyone then? Either way preaching about safety and then proclaiming that contradict each other. Simple as that. Maybe he could have used better word choice than saying "you". Perhaps say "someone" instead since "you" indicates you are speaking to someone.

If Ronnie doesn't think it is safe then he doesn't have to use one. I've never had any issue with mine distracting me. I know plenty of other people who have never been distracted by theirs.

Statistically texting shows the most cases for distracted driving anyway. Haven't seen a study yet about touch screen units causing distracted driving, so until there are actual statistics all we can do is speculate.

I'm only saying that he said he hopes you don't run into anyone else, not that he hopes you run your car off the road. Simple as that.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
Old 11-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=ronnie948;2131982]I think it was a huge mistake putting a stupid dangerous thing like a touch screen on the 2015 Mustang. Anything that you have to take your eyes off the road while driving is stupid and dangerous.

I have a 2012 and can work anything on the dash without looking due to it uses "KNOBS"

I don't think I will ever get a new car with a touch screen.
==================================
I have to agree with you, Ronnie. I just went from my little ballerina of a '02 V6 to a '14 V6 with performance package. Even without a touchscreen on the '14, the '02 was MUCH easier to adjust. I guess the solution is to spend some time training my right hand to manipulate the pushbuttons without taking my eyes off the road.
cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I'm only saying that he said he hopes you don't run into anyone else, not that he hopes you run your car off the road. Simple as that.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
Maybe i'm just hard headed, but this specific line was what got to me the most "It is only a matter of time before you run off the road and wreck your Mustang".

Interpret it how you want.

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe i'm just hard headed, but this specific line was what got to me the most "It is only a matter of time before you run off the road and wreck your Mustang".

Interpret it how you want.

And I won't dispute the fact that he did say that.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
Old 11-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
So, anyway..... lol

Did anyone go from a previous Gen gt to an ecoboost?
r00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #49
ME Bloodhound
Staff

All i'm trying to get across is that i've used both and i feel that "risk" level between them is the same, it all comes down to preference of what you like. The touch screen does not feel like i am taking my eyes off the road at all any more than the traditional button and knob set up would. And i'm sure with the newer models it will be far easier due to the steering wheel controls and the voice activation.

It is just something to adapt to.

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
All i'm trying to get across is that i've used both and i feel that "risk" level between them is the same, it all comes down to preference of what you like. The touch screen does not feel like i am taking my eyes off the road at all any more than the traditional button and knob set up would. And i'm sure with the newer models it will be far easier due to the steering wheel controls and the voice activation.

It is just something to adapt to.

Maybe a compromise would be a Braille touchscreen? jk

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
Old 11-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #51
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Maybe a compromise would be a Braille touchscreen? jk

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
My best friend is legally blind..............

No joke he actually is lol, but he can still see, its just like everything is blurry, its genetic. Can function just fine in society except for a few small things he can't do (like drive). He takes it pretty well though. Jokes about how all he needs to do is just stick his cane out the window and he is good to go lol.

oh, and here is a little demo of my touch screen i did. Just for you guys

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Driving distracted is a habit that gets worse over time. In the time it takes to look at your dash is enough time for an accident to happen. I see it everyday. I don't give a flying fish what people look at or how talented you are take your attention off the road and sooner or later it will bite you in the arse. Every activity in your car besides driving it is a distraction. The auto industry might as well bring out the drone cars now because the majority of drivers would rather be doing something other than driving. I personally hope that people who read this thread will re evaluate their attentiveness behind the wheel as all of us are guilty on some level. Be safe out there!
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Driving distracted is a habit that gets worse over time. In the time it takes to look at your dash is enough time for an accident to happen. I see it everyday. I don't give a flying fish what people look at or how talented you are take your attention off the road and sooner or later it will bite you in the arse. Every activity in your car besides driving it is a distraction. The auto industry might as well bring out the drone cars now because the majority of drivers would rather be doing something other than driving. I personally hope that people who read this thread will re evaluate their attentiveness behind the wheel as all of us are guilty on some level. Be safe out there!
=================

Well spoken, BigJay. Here's wishing safe driving and safe travels to all!
cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #54
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I understand all of that. One thing though, how about for times when you check your mirrors? You direct your focus to your side mirrors, turn your head to check your blind spot ect.... All of those you take the same amount of time as you would to say change the radio station. Or how about pesky kids in the back seat and you turn your head around to yell at them. And we all know since we are all car guys that if you see a sweet GT500 to the side of you a few lanes over or behind you, you are going to be checking it out. All of these things aren't even part of the car, they are outside forces that act the same as anything else would inside the car.

While it may be dangerous to not look directly at the road 100% of the time you would by lying to yourself if you say you never take your eyes off the road for even one second. All that changes is what the focus is directed to. Like you said though, everyone is guilty on some level. But those levels are different for each person and their abilities.

Seems like the only way to keep focus is to eliminate everything in the car, take out all the seats except yours, and literally just drive straight without changing lanes.

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

^ or when you sneeze 3 or 4 times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #56
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
^ or when you sneeze 3 or 4 times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Seriously lol. Impossible to keep your eyes open when sneezing, has been proven.

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

The force is strong in you soccer but you are not seeing the forest through the trees.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #58
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
The force is strong in you soccer but you are not seeing the forest through the trees.
Brownie points to you. Star Wars is one of my all time favorites.

I do see what you are saying though. If we go back to a time like the 60s there is exponentially less stuff that is going to be a possible distraction compared to today. But there isn't really a lot we can do about it today is there? Best we can really do is adapt.

HID end all thread
Old 11-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

About all that can be done is make the consequences so extreme that people stay off hand held devices. Another thing is make requirements to get a drivers license much more stringent and have to pass a diving performance review every time you renew your license. Give people incentive to take performance driving courses on a regular basis. While it seems silly perhaps, what it does is re engage people in driving.

If you lost your license for a year on first offence for hand held devices or inattentive driving people would take notice in a hurry. Let insurance companies charge more for accessories that are a distraction in a vehicle. I'd give up all the tech crap in my car if I could save 300 dollars a year in insurance premiums. I don't use it anyway I don't even know how my sync works.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #60

Going from a 2012 base GT, I'm picking up the 2015 GT w/ PP tomorrow morning!

I tried to hold off and stay with my 2012, but I ended up at a nearby dealer last Saturday to check out the 2015's. That was the first time I saw a 2015 in person and I was hooked.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
jaxtx12gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxtx12gt View Post
Going from a 2012 base GT, I'm picking up the 2015 GT w/ PP tomorrow morning!

I tried to hold off and stay with my 2012, but I ended up at a nearby dealer last Saturday to check out the 2015's. That was the first time I saw a 2015 in person and I was hooked.

Very cool, send lots of pictures when you get it home.
After visiting my friendly Ford dealer a lot in the past month I keep looking at the Red GT on the showroom floor.............and liking it more each time I see it. Congratulations!

olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #62
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey jaxtx12gt

Congratulations
I'm sure your gonna love it.
Ronnie
Old 12-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #63

Quote:
Congratulations

I'm sure your gonna love it.

Ronnie

Car was shipped from a dealer around Houston to my dealer in DFW... The dealer in Houston felt they needed to install the front license plate bracket before they shipped the car, but never thought to send the cars's manuals.

Thank you for the two holes in the bumper cover...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1417990205.432504.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	802.7 KB
ID:	171228

jaxtx12gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #64

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
johnhimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #65

I own a 2014 roush stage 3. Manual transmission, do to a bad achillies tendon in my cluth foot, i thought a 2015 gt auto trans would be a nice trade.
Then i drove it.
Big mistake the new gt floats, bounces like it had bad shocks.
I had to tell the salesman we have to return to the dealer before i get seasick.
He told me that the performace package may help, but i told him you can't get that package in an auto trans. He didn't beleive me so he went on a quest through the dealer to see if i'm right.
Which i was.
He told me i was spoilded by driving the roush, guess i am.
He then offered me a chance to buy the 2015 anniversary edition auto that had the performance pkg
But i wasn't going to spend the 80 grand for it.
Oh well i guess i'll just have to bear the pain while shifting

Old 12-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #66
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Now this is really funny !!!!!!

Quote:
Big mistake the new gt floats, bounces like it had bad shocks.
I had to tell the salesman we have to return to the dealer before i get seasick.
Ha ! Ha ! I must have driven a bad GT 5.0 Automatic because it sure felt good to me.

Ronnie
Old 12-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I bought my 2014 as soon as I heard the 2015 was getting IRS and saw the pics of it. IRS is generally better but I wanted my Mustang to feel more old school. If I wan't to drive IRS my 350Z has it and that car is a whole different level of driver feedback and sportiness.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #68

Probably never drove a Roush.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I was going to trade in my 08GT for a 15 GT but when I went to the dealer they had a used 2012 Boss 302 that was pristine with 7500 miles on it for 34k so I went that way instead. Also decided to keep my 08 couldn't bear to leave it!

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I was going to trade in my 08GT for a 15 GT but when I went to the dealer they had a used 2012 Boss 302 that was pristine with 7500 miles on it for 34k so I went that way instead. Also decided to keep my 08 couldn't bear to leave it!

Very nice score on the Boss. Send pictures.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT