How many sold a 2011-14 to buy a 2015? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
How many sold a 2011-14 to buy a 2015?

I bought my first ever mustanmustang whi ch also happened to be my first new car ever.

I just now finally got to see a new 15 in the flesh and am liking it more than I thought i would. Through pictures I really didn't care for the rear end but in person, the whole car looks very wide and powerful.

Who traded from an 11-15? What engine did you come from, go to? After seeing the tunability of the ecoboost I heavily considered it but don't think I can go wit out the sound of the 5.0!
r00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Happy T day roost. I bought my 14 about a year ago knowing the change was coming. Funny now in my neighborhood more stangs popping up. My neighbor across the street just got a red 15. At first I thought it was a ecoboost but then I saw the gt on the back! I'm not a fan of the car. I was going to trade mine but the lines from the rear to the front don't seem to flow well and while I really like the back the front end is a deal breaker for me. I'm a bit old school I guess and like the retro style of the s197. I will keep my fingers crossed that Ford makes some good styling changes on the first re fresh and I will look again. Prices will be better rebates etc. No way would I pay full boat like my neighbor for the first one in the area.
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Happy turkey day!

I am still not prepared to drop (well, finance) the extra -15k for a new 15. I will be curious to see the refresh as well. I do still enjoy my stang but having that interior and the IRS would certainly be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00st View Post
Happy turkey day!

I am still not prepared to drop (well, finance) the extra -15k for a new 15. I will be curious to see the refresh as well. I do still enjoy my stang but having that interior and the IRS would certainly be nice.
I really think the irs is not that big of a deal. Put a Fays2 watts link on you car and set up your suspension well and you will never know you have a solid axle car.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I do want to do a suspension setup in time as I am not a fan of the body roll and how it hops around over uneven roads.

Maybe Santa (ie...me) will bring me mustang goodies for Christmas haha
Old 11-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The 15 is very much nicer inside. It drives better, handles better, and all around IS a better car.

BUT...

It's basically a Ford IS350 or a Ford G37. Quick, refined, smooth, and unfortunately, zero muscle car DNA in it from what I can tell, other than some styling on the exterior. "This is a nice car" came to mind driving it. The same feeling you get in a Lexus or Inifiniti. Solid, predictable, and normal. Basically a family sedan except the scenery goes by faster.

My 14, though - it made me go "Ooooo" when I first drove it. There was that small tingle and the feeling that it might get out of control unless you paid attention. It just looks mean going down the road, with the 13-14s being a nod to the Mach 1s styling. The new one? It's a Mustang, but it feels a bit like the 1973 did - sort of odd and rounded opposed to sharp and angular like the 1972.

Oh - and a pet peeve of mine still wasn't fixed. The trunk IS larger because it's a bit flatter, but the opening is actually no differnet, so you can't fit anything wider than about 24 inches if it's more than 14-15 inches tall. It's that part where the opening dips down - if they made it squarer, it would have solved a major issue with luggage.

No plans to sell mine. Maybe in 8 or 10 years when they come to their senses for the next generation Mustang, but not now.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I was going to buy a 15 but ended up with the 14 instead. The 15 looks to much like a jaguar to me. I couldn't be any happier. The body lines look nice from the side but the front looks real ugly in my opinion. The rear looks gorgeous but not enough for me to want to trade mine in. I decided in June to get my 14 when I finally saw the 15 product. The only way I would get a 15 is if I get the dreaded tick. I'm going a but over 3000 miles with the first oil change done and there's nothing (Knock on wood).
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I might consider a trade up to the GT 350, but not a GT for GT.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-28-2014, 04:40 AM   #9

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOberlander View Post
BUT...

It's basically a Ford IS350 or a Ford G37. Quick, refined, smooth, and unfortunately, zero muscle car DNA in it from what I can tell, other than some styling on the exterior. "This is a nice car" came to mind driving it. The same feeling you get in a Lexus or Inifiniti. Solid, predictable, and normal. Basically a family sedan except the scenery goes by faster.
Heh...I have a slightly different perspective. Traded in my '13 Audi S4 for the '15 GT. I find the GT to be less refined and more of a raw driver's sports car.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Yup traded in my custom vert for a magnetic GT with track package. While I agree that the new 15 is more refined, as far as muscle goes there are lots of Mustangs that lost the muscle car feel just look at anything in the grande coupe from 1971 and newer, Mustang II, etc. If anything you have to let things evolve a little to get better as well.

The muscle car feel you can get that just by playing around, more agressive tune and exhaust, go nuts with the suspension etc. And to say that the 2011-14s didnt lose any of that feeling then maybe you didn't drive the 6R80 equipped ones because I tell you they sure as hell did with that boat anchor granny shifting AT. =) Cars shifted like a 76 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Mine is scheduled to come in Feb.
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #11

Region: Texas
It's definitely a muscle car. I disabled traction control and had fun bringin' the rear-end around during some aggressive turnin' last night. Exhaust is decent, but ordered Ford Racing by Borla Cat Back to get it a louder.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah ordered the Stainless steel works cat back with x pipe.
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
Old 11-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
As my moniker proudly says, I'm and Ole School guy, and probably being twice the age of some of you I really prefer to the 14 to the 15. The last Mustang I had was a 97 Cobra, and after suspension work, tires/wheels (back in 97 a 17" Cobra rim was the ticket), a lot of external motor work, (no supercharger, cams or juice) I made 344RWHP out of a stock 269RWHP car, and could pull .981G on the skid pad.
With my 14 I am shooting for as close to 480RWHP as I can with no juice or supercharger, and going to break the 1.0G on the skid pad.
I did just drive a new 15 and I like the looks and the feel, but I've always preferred a solid axle to an IRS. The new 15 GT has done some very impressive 1/4 mile times with "some modifications" to the rear suspension.
I like them both, but prefer the 14 I now have............at least for now.................but it would be interesting to drive the GT350 with the 5.2L and flat crank!!
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
I really think the irs is not that big of a deal. Put a Fays2 watts link on you car and set up your suspension well and you will never know you have a solid axle car.
nope, you'll never know it, provided you only drive silky smooth roads........

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
Old 11-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff

A well set up IRS for cornering won't be comfy either.

A solid axle can be just as good as IRS

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1417224280.774081.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	170471

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
While people have personal preferences to certain aspects of either the 11-12, 13-14, of 15 if you look at the packaged car they are not that big of a difference between any of them. The main difference is the IRS and your average owner probable would have a hard time telling the difference between the 2 under normal driving conditions. This of course excludes the eco boost which wasn't an option in previous years.

Point being that your probable not going to see a wave of people trading in their 11-14's for 15's and taking a loss (especially if they have been modding them over the past couple of years) to start over on essentially the same platform. Will some do it? Sure but I doubt it will be the majority. For the deal I got on my 14 and I've done a few mods to get it to my taste that I am really happy with it at this point. Although I think it would be cool to own an ecoboost its not worth to go trade it in and take a loss on the car only to pay MSRP for essentially the same car.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Well going from a 3.7 to a 5.0 is not the "same platform" to some its an upgrade.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
A well set up IRS for cornering won't be comfy either.

A solid axle can be just as good as IRS

Attachment 170471

Would love to hear more about the setup on your Bullitt.

It's one thing to go 9.8 seconds in the 1/4 mile, and a totally different animal to do a 1.45 lap at Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway). Having drag raced for over 35 years I can really appreciate going fast around corners since being a SCCA member from 2006 and holding a Competition License since 2008. I'll be participating in a few track days here in Oregon and Washington when the suspension on the 14 gets a little further along.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Would love to hear more about the setup on your Bullitt.

It's one thing to go 9.8 seconds in the 1/4 mile, and a totally different animal to do a 1.45 lap at Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway). Having drag raced for over 35 years I can really appreciate going fast around corners since being a SCCA member from 2006 and holding a Competition License since 2008. I'll be participating in a few track days here in Oregon and Washington when the suspension on the 14 gets a little further along.
The pic i posted isn't my set up, but its a 1999 Roush, built for autocross. Driven by Brett Madsen, he won the national championship this year in the SU class.

I have a build thread for mine you can see more stuff in, it is "2001 Bullitt build thread" in the 1996-2004 GT section. I'm only getting my seat and tires next, then holding off for a while so i can get some better seat time at more autocrosses and also road courses. I actually plan to do Laguna Seca since im in NorCal. Probably going to start off with Thunderhill up north, then Sonoma and Laguna Seca.

I started the thread about half way through the build, but here it is.

2001 Bullitt Build Thread

HID end all thread
Old 11-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
nope, you'll never know it, provided you only drive silky smooth roads........

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
Hmmm, skeptical are we?
Old 11-28-2014, 10:53 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The pic i posted isn't my set up, but its a 1999 Roush, built for autocross. Driven by Brett Madsen, he won the national championship this year in the SU class.

I have a build thread for mine you can see more stuff in, it is "2001 Bullitt build thread" in the 1996-2004 GT section. I'm only getting my seat and tires next, then holding off for a while so i can get some better seat time at more autocrosses and also road courses. I actually plan to do Laguna Seca since im in NorCal. Probably going to start off with Thunderhill up north, then Sonoma and Laguna Seca.

I started the thread about half way through the build, but here it is.

2001 Bullitt Build Thread
Looks like a great start.
I cut my teeth at Thunderhill, it's a great starter track and you can do some "Off and On's" without damaging the car. If you are going to take a driving school I'd recommend the SCCA course at Thunderhill, you'll have to join the SCCA, but their 3 day course that is one of the best schools this side of the Rockies. I started out in a class of 30 other drivers, most half my age, and for the first two days I was always 28th or worse. During the last race on the 3rd day I started dead last and at the finish line I was 14th...........not bad for an Ole Guy.
Just like us Ole Drag Racers say, "Keep the shinny side up", and you'll have a blast.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As my moniker proudly says, I'm and Ole School guy, and probably being twice the age of some of you I really prefer to the 14 to the 15. The last Mustang I had was a 97 Cobra, and after suspension work, tires/wheels (back in 97 a 17" Cobra rim was the ticket), a lot of external motor work, (no supercharger, cams or juice) I made 344RWHP out of a stock 269RWHP car, and could pull .981G on the skid pad.
With my 14 I am shooting for as close to 480RWHP as I can with no juice or supercharger, and going to break the 1.0G on the skid pad.
I did just drive a new 15 and I like the looks and the feel, but I've always preferred a solid axle to an IRS. The new 15 GT has done some very impressive 1/4 mile times with "some modifications" to the rear suspension.
I like them both, but prefer the 14 I now have............at least for now.................but it would be interesting to drive the GT350 with the 5.2L and flat crank!!
I was talking with Jim Fays this week and he was saying he couldn't wait to put his solid axle cars up against the new irs. We both were in agreement that the new styling is a shame. I bet the new 5.2 sounds more Ferrari than Mustang of old. First the looks and next the sound....stay tuned.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I purposely went out and bought the 2014 GT knowing the change was coming and I'm glad I did. The 2015 looks too much like the Ford Fusion from the front. However I do like the interior and suspension for the 2015's.
gzyv15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I just traded in my 2010 for a 15 and I'm loving it. The interior is so much nicer and adjustable steering feel and driver modes are great. Plus the sync with touch screen are awesome. I can see how some Mustang fans don't like the new style. But I think it will grow on you once you see more on the road.
BlueBellThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #25
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Looks like a great start.
I cut my teeth at Thunderhill, it's a great starter track and you can do some "Off and On's" without damaging the car. If you are going to take a driving school I'd recommend the SCCA course at Thunderhill, you'll have to join the SCCA, but their 3 day course that is one of the best schools this side of the Rockies. I started out in a class of 30 other drivers, most half my age, and for the first two days I was always 28th or worse. During the last race on the 3rd day I started dead last and at the finish line I was 14th...........not bad for an Ole Guy.
Just like us Ole Drag Racers say, "Keep the shinny side up", and you'll have a blast.

I want to do their training, but it is at such a bad timing, I go to school in the Bay Area and it is during the start of spring semester. I'll probably wait to do that and just do some HOD events, get familiar with open courses first.

HID end all thread
Old 11-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #26
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I was talking with Jim Fays this week and he was saying he couldn't wait to put his solid axle cars up against the new irs. We both were in agreement that the new styling is a shame. I bet the new 5.2 sounds more Ferrari than Mustang of old. First the looks and next the sound....stay tuned.

Well a flat plane crank will change the sound. Did you hear the sound clips? It does sound more euro but it surprisingly keeps a nice growl to it. Honestly I like the 2015 better than the 13/14 in most ways (looks, interior, performance ect....)

Even the coyote doesn't sound anything like old school mustangs.

HID end all thread
Old 11-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Why a touch screen ??????????????????????????????????

I think it was a huge mistake putting a stupid dangerous thing like a touch screen on the 2015 Mustang. Anything that you have to take your eyes off the road while driving is stupid and dangerous.

I have a 2012 and can work anything on the dash without looking due to it uses "KNOBS"

I don't think I will ever get a new car with a touch screen.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I think it was a huge mistake putting a stupid dangerous thing like a touch screen on the 2015 Mustang. Anything that you have to take your eyes off the road while driving is stupid and dangerous.

I have a 2012 and can work anything on the dash without looking due to it uses "KNOBS"

Ronnie

I agree although I believe the 15s have knobs as well as a touch screen feature so you can use either of them. And with my parents ford suv with the same touch screen the touch screen locks certain functions if the car is moving. For example you can't enter in an address in the navigation if the cars moving.

But I agree overall the new features in cars now become dangerous distractions because people use them instead of worrying about driving.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I did not order a premium package only the base 300a package, but I did order the GT performance pack. There is only the 4.2" screen no navi etc. I am pretty sure it does not have climate controls on it, but I wish it did. I find that the further down the console they put the knobs etc. The further I have to look and sometimes longer.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

The 15 GT I drove had the touch screen and you can't make it work while moving, the car has to be on and stopped. This is like many of the new Navigation Systems, my wife's PPE Prius Nav works the same way.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #31
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Ronnie

It's not as hard as you think if you have half a brain. I put a touch screen in mine and I work it just fine, and I have to actually reach for it. The new systems that are touch screen have voice control so it's easier

HID end all thread
Old 11-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

^^^It's not that you need half a brain. Guys your age really have been brought up in the touch screen era and it all seems good to you. I'd rather have a group of gauges that I can use where the touch screen is. I remember when driving was the sole purpose when you got behind the wheel. Now its time to multi task, text, call, navigate play with touch screens. This kind of stuff is the number one cause of accidents today. Inattentive driving. I see it all day long with the work I do. More people should just ride the bus. Not ranting on you I just don't like the direction the touch screen has taken society and putting it in cars has been a mistake.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #33
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I really can not doubt your ability using a touch screen while driving down the road

Soccerluvr4, You are probably the single person in this whole wide world that can watch your touch screen with one eye and where your going with your other eye at the same time. It's kind of like safely texting while driving.
There are not many people that can do it at any age.
It is a well known fact that head on collisions on two lane roads have increased in just about every state since they started to notice it happening in 2012. I wonder why????

BigJay, I'm with you 100%

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
^^^It's not that you need half a brain. Guys your age really have been brought up in the touch screen era and it all seems good to you. I'd rather have a group of gauges that I can use where the touch screen is. I remember when driving was the sole purpose when you got behind the wheel. Now its time to multi task, text, call, navigate play with touch screens. This kind of stuff is the number one cause of accidents today. Inattentive driving. I see it all day long with the work I do. More people should just ride the bus. Not ranting on you I just don't like the direction the touch screen has taken society and putting it in cars has been a mistake.

About all we had to do beside drive was find a radio station, or swap out the 8-track or cassette, or look at the girls, of course!

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #35
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Soccerluvr4, You are probably the single person in this whole wide world that can watch your touch screen with one eye and where your going with your other eye at the same time. It's kind of like safely texting while driving.

There are not many people that can do it at any age.

It is a well known fact that head on collisions on two lane roads have increased in just about every state since they started to notice it happening in 2012. I wonder why????

BigJay, I'm with you 100%

Ronnie

You just need to be smart about it. I never touch it when I'm near other cars on the highway, or in stop and go. If I'm cursing by myself and there are no cars around yea I'll press something, usually it is the next button for a new song. Or change the bass/treb. Most of the time it's when I'm at a stop. It's not like you are going to be playing games on it. Quick glance, touch one part of it and you are good.

Another reason a lot of cars now have voice control.

Hell I find it easier to use a touch screen than knobs.

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT