2015 mustang gt performance pkg first 500miles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
2015 mustang gt performance pkg first 500miles

So i had purchased a 2014 back GT track pack back in march 2013. Loved the car looks and everything. Actually i customed ordered it from ford.
2 months ago a f150 took out my rear end and had it repaired and they did an excellent job. 1 week ago a deer jumped in front of my stang and took out the front end.
I finally said thats it iv had enough this car is bad luck.
Went into the ford dealership and bought a loaded 2015 black on black gt performance pkg.
Let me tell you first this car looks much better in person than in pictures. If you like the older style better thats a personal opinion. However one thing i can say for cetain is this car is better in every way then my last stang. It now handles and drives as well as the german competition.
This car is rock solid at speed. 140mph is as stable as 70mph. It just glides along. Well done ford. When the rear end comes around its so control able its scary. Things iv noticed:
If your going to by one sit in the standard seats before you order recaro. The new seats are well bolstered and you dont slide around like the old ones. Plus u would loose the heating/air conditioned seats which work very well.
When the car is off the center console locks itself so dont break it trying to open it.
The engine now idles smooth now. In fact the engine as a whole seems even smoother now.
The best way to describe how well this car handles is if u took my 2014 gt and took my 2010 miata and if they had a baby you would have the 2015 Mustang gt.
You do get a little wheel hope when making a right and left hand turn from a stop but not to enoying. Its a little bouncy on rough pavement but does not upset the chassis which absorbs everything that comes at it.
The new premium shaker system is a huge improvement over the last system. Bass could be tighter just nit picking there.
Supose to be a pony imprinted under the hood and when the car frost over u get a frosted pony on ur hood. Still waiting to see that one.
Blind spot warning work well and there are directional signals in the side mirrors.
Bottom line this is a great sports car and wouldnt refer to it as a muscle car anymore. I had a friend who has a bmw 335 take it for a spin and he was extremely impressed with it.
The interior and materials are much higher quality now. I feel like im driving a luxury car.
Now that the car has a telescoping steering wheel its easy to get the perfect fit. And u get three memory buttons for saving seat position.
Back seat is less use able since the rear glass slopes down that the only negative thing i can come up with.
Transmission does seem to be slightly improved and not as clunky as the old one.
Bottom line this is the best car i have ever owened and you owe it to yourself to take one for a test drive. The best thing that ever happended to me was the deer recked my 2014.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

kraus164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
Also the performance pack takes regular 5w-20 not the 5w-50 of the old track pkg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 12-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Maryland
I want to see a pic of the "frosted pony"

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #4
Will post if it appears. Everything on the car frosted the other day except the hood
Old 12-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Arizona
I'm at the dealership getting my first oil change and I am impressed with the way the 15's look in person. Pictures really do this car no justice. I'm very happy with my 14 but I definitely wouldn't frown upon myself if I owned a 15. They have a black, yellow and ignot silver here. I like the black the best, it has 17's on it and they look nice and beefy. Probably the only part of the car that looks like a muscle car. The yellow and silver car have 20's and 19's and they seem to fit the style of the car better.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Region: California
I don't really agree with the stock seat thing - I have leather Recaros in my '13 and test drove a 15 yesterday. Could be because of my large size (6'5"/260), but they didn't feel as nice.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

2013 Ingot GT, 6M, FRAA Susp, GT500 Axle Backs/Wheels/Spoiler, Baer/Shelby brakes, Recaros, Trac-Cal, etc.
tezz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

2015 mustang