Bama tune ? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
SilverS550, are you still alive? I have a feeling you were hung up on after a 2 hour wait.
I would drive to sct and burn their building down if that happened.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
2 hrs, 32 mins later and it's finally talking to the car.

Time to order the Advantage software.
SilverS550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverS550 View Post
2 hrs, 32 mins later and it's finally talking to the car.

Time to order the Advantage software.
So the sct device was messed up? What was the issue?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 09:18 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

That was ONE issue. Apparently they have to back door some of the '15 ECM's.

When I finally got through to the SCT Tech they were FANTASTIC. Other than the two and half hours on hold, as soon as they picked up, they were on it. They stayed on the phone until the tune loaded completely.

Now, sending me someone else's tuner, someone else's tunes, then the wrong tunes, then telling me it's SCT's problem.....yeah, that pisses me off a bit, but that wasn't SCT, that was AM and Bama.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Well, gonna strap this thing back down tomorrow and see what it does with nothing but a tune.....

I'll do 2 pulls with no tune and then 2 each on the other tunes.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #41
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Annnnd, sending this thing back. First and last time I'll deal with American Muscle / Bama Tuning folks.
First, the package arrives....it's got my name on the shipping label, open the box and it's someone else's tuner.
Call them up, talk to Justin. Explained the situation. Send me the correct files for my car and update the serial in the system. About half an hour later I get an email. Still has the wrong tune files.
I call back, ask to speak to Justin. He left for the day.
I talk to Van, again explain the situation. I have him verify my info so we get the right files. Files show up, I go to load them on the X4, and it won't show the 93 octane tune, only a 91 tune.
Okay, let's make sure this is all up to date, which it says it is "No Updates Available". Cool, let's see if it loads.
Go out to the car, hook everything up, keep getting an error, 110AD. Call back again, no idea who it was and didn't care at this point. Explained what was going on, gave them the code, they tell me it's SCT's problem and to call them.
At this point, I told them never mind, just process this thing for a return. I'll be calling Brenspeed and Lund in the morning.
First purchase / last purchase.

Hey SilverS550 - I'm not entirely sure what managed to happen on Bama's end but I'm running down there right now see what's up! This is highly uncharacteristic of them and while errors/issues can happen having back to back issues is unacceptable for us! I'm going to work with their lead calibrator Paul to shoot you a call very soon to clear some of this up for you!

Sorry about the trouble again but I guarantee you that they'll get you back on the road as soon as possible!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:54 AM   #42
Site Sponsor

Hey Guys - I just wanted to throw an update in here. I spoke with Bama's Lead Calibrator whose been working with Silver to get this fixed up and it's looking like a few phone calls we're placed and they're working to get him burning rubber in no time! If anyone has any questions at all about this please don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Problem?

What happened with tune on his car Alex? I'm not sure if I would go with Bama tune if your having problems. Especially if it's going to void my warranty anyhow..
wjlowe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, I spoke with Paul this morning and we got a few things cleared up. Mistakes happen.....got it. The key is FIXING those mistakes and implementing changes so they aren't repeated.

Anyways, the car will be on the roller here shortly and we'll see how it does.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:53 AM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Yes, I spoke with Paul this morning and we got a few things cleared up. Mistakes happen.....got it. The key is FIXING those mistakes and implementing changes so they aren't repeated.

So some 15s need to be backdoors and some do not? How do they know which ones do??

Old 03-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #46
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjlowe111 View Post
What happened with tune on his car Alex? I'm not sure if I would go with Bama tune if your having problems. Especially if it's going to void my warranty anyhow..
wjlowe111 - I'm sure SilverS550 can comment on this but there was a sizable mix up on our end within our warehouse where another customers tuner was sent in place of SilverS550's and this did not have anything to do with the tune itself, rather a large oversight and error. AmericanMuscle and Bama both strive to have the best customer service along with technical support but mistakes can happen! Rest assured Bama will be taking corrective measures to ensure that this does not happen again to anyone! The last thing that I want to hear is that their customers are having trouble with a brand new car!

Let me know if you're to have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Quote:
Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop sir. Sorry to hear about all of the trouble again but we're anxiously awaiting to hear what she puts down soon!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Appreciate your customer relations and backing up your product; it does mean a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wjlowe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure what else I can say here....

Putting it back on the dyno today
Old 03-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
BAMA tune

i received my tuner a couple of days ago and I went through the three tunes that are sent. I believe that not only did they improve the drivability and improve some performance it did increase my MPG. When installing the tunes, I ended up using the 87 street for now. I see several different that can be "fine" tuned. I would love to get this fine tuned to see what BAMA can really do. I have heard nothing but the best from American Muscle and received only good assistance but now time to really put them to the test. I have also seen that AMAlex has kept tabs on the forum and has put forth assistance. I really like that also, so I am posting again, to try to fine tune and be able to reciprocate findings.
kanas27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:41 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanas27 View Post
i received my tuner a couple of days ago and I went through the three tunes that are sent. I believe that not only did they improve the drivability and improve some performance it did increase my MPG. When installing the tunes, I ended up using the 87 street for now. I see several different that can be "fine" tuned. I would love to get this fine tuned to see what BAMA can really do. I have heard nothing but the best from American Muscle and received only good assistance but now time to really put them to the test. I have also seen that AMAlex has kept tabs on the forum and has put forth assistance. I really like that also, so I am posting again, to try to fine tune and be able to reciprocate findings.
You know what the problem with believing and feeling and thinking are? They are like the butt dyno......HIGHLY influenced by the lightening of the wallet. We all want to BELIEVE that the money we spent made a difference.....but, the dyno, track, and data logs don't lie. They aren't influenced by feelings.

So, do you have data logs?
Hand calculated mileage differences?
Dyno sheets?
Time slips?

Or do you "believe"? See what I'm saying. I'm a numbers guy....I expect results. If I don't see actual results, I'm not gonna blow sunshine because I think someone is a good dude.

Good customer relations is great and all, but at the end of the day YOU spent money on a PRODUCT or SERVICE. When that product or service fails to deliver, no amount of "it'll be okay 'lil fella" changes it. I'm sure Alex is a great guy and I'm certainly not gonna say anything personal about him, but he's the company rep.....it's his JOB to keep folks happy.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Silver, i agree. I have only used the track apps so far. I used the 0-60; 7.1 to 6.4 and have noticed my mpg go from 24 to 26hwy. It's a start till I can get it fine tuned.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Silver, i agree. I have only used the track apps so far. I used the 0-60; 7.1 to 6.4 and have noticed my mpg go from 24 to 26hwy. It's a start till I can get it fine tuned.
How many tanks of fuel? Run conditions? Temps? Etc.....

Is the mileage hand calculated or are you going by the overhead?

These are the things I look for. If the results aren't backed up on the same day, same conditions, same everything except one variable, you don't get accurate results.

Mileage is a big one. I see guys make some pretty wild mileage claims. You know what the real story usually is......they drove like they had an egg under their foot to see how high they could get the mileage.

DATA LOGS don't lie. When the average throttle position over the course of tank 1 is 26% and the average throttle position over the course of tank 2 is 23%, which do you think will have the better mileage?

I told ya, I'm a numbers guy. I try to look past hype and see actual results.

I'll be nice to anyone, but don't sell me sunshine and deliver horse stuff........
Old 03-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #53
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Kansas - Thanks for taking the time to post up your feedback on this - I can't stress this enough on the 11+ cars that we along with Bama strongly recommends getting a datalog set up immediately after being tuned in order for them to literally fine tune your setup further! Shoot them a call and let them know that you'd like to have this set up!

In regards to the 2015 GT's (and I've said this in another thread) that the PCM logic is highly advanced and certain PCM codes (because the tuning software for these isn’t fully capable for every PCM code) require more datalogging to make maximum horsepower and torque

If you're to have any questions at all don't hesiate to let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

AMAlex, hey thanks. I did call BAMA and they set me up with what I need to do for a datalog. Matter of time now...Silver, I will continue to use these parameters that you mention. I am not egg driving but i'm not balls-to-the-wall, casual driving with the nice take off and passing and such.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #55
Site Sponsor

Quote:
AMAlex, hey thanks. I did call BAMA and they set me up with what I need to do for a datalog. Matter of time now...Silver, I will continue to use these parameters that you mention. I am not egg driving but i'm not balls-to-the-wall, casual driving with the nice take off and passing and such.

kanas27 - Thanks for following up with me I appreciate it. Don't hesitate to let us know if you're to have any questions about the logs at all and we're here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT