Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Bama tune ?

5K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  AMAlexLazarus 
#1 ·
Bama Tune question for the 2015 GT 6 speed ... I hear it smooths the low end out making the car drive much nicer to drive around town with a 6 speed .. Can I do the Bama tune without mods like a air box or cat back and get any extra power or is it a waste of money for a stock 5.0 .. I will be going the cat back and air box down the road at some point but not just now ..
Thanks Lee ..

#7 ·
I called Bama about this ... Yes more HP ..:thumb: Tuner comes with two maps that really wake the car up without even having any mods ... As you add mods they send you updated Maps to work with your new Mods ...:dance: Tuner is next on my Mod list !!

#10 ·
Ordered my Bama tuner today .. Going to test and tune to get a good base line numbers Weds night ... Tuner should be here for next weeks test and tune and I'll tell you how it worked out after testing .. :thumb:

#11 ·
I called Bama about this ... Yes more HP ..:thumb: Tuner comes with two maps that really wake the car up without even having any mods ... As you add mods they send you updated Maps to work with your new Mods ...:dance: Tuner is next on my Mod list !!

Ordered my Bama tuner today .. Going to test and tune to get a good base line numbers Weds night ... Tuner should be here for next weeks test and tune and I'll tell you how it worked out after testing .. :thumb:
Hey Smokin - Good questions here and it's looking like you got some solid help in here! I'm really excited to hear what you have to say about the Bama X4 Tuner for your 2015!

Let me know if you're to have any questions in the meantime and once you put a few miles on the car shoot Bama a call so they can get a datalog set up and dial in your tune further!

Alex

Same question here! Al though I had my catback last friday. Do I need to go to any shop or I can just buy a BAMA tuner?
Hey Lion I would definitely recommended checking out the Bama X4 Tuner! These guys know how to make power and I can't say nice enough things about how their tunes make the driveabiltiy on the 2015 even that much better! I swear it drives better than stock not to mention the modest bump in performance as well!

If anyone has any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex

#16 ·
My only complaint with bama is I emailed them they opened a ticked and I never heard from them again it's been a week. I emailed Lund performance and Jon Lund responded to me the very next day. So I have a car I would like to datalog but bama isn't putting any effort in.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#18 ·
My only complaint with bama is I emailed them they opened a ticked and I never heard from them again it's been a week. I emailed Lund performance and Jon Lund responded to me the very next day. So I have a car I would like to datalog but bama isn't putting any effort in.

Hey Jacob,

Sorry about the delay on their end but I just took a look and wanted to see if this was the ticket that was submitted at 11pm last Thursday? If so I'm happy to get them to fast track this but I know with the weather starting to get warmer everyone's getting their cars out are and getting them fine tuned!

Please either let me know here or shoot me a PM and I'll make sure that they get on this for you!

Alex

#25 ·
I will wait for my 50 posts
You'll be there in no time I promise! Get out there on the threads, ask some questions, look through some threads!

Alex

Thanks for the video!! I am impressed.

Looking forward to the tune down the road.

John
Anytime John! Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

Just baselined the car last week absolutely dead bone stock and here is what it did....

I just ordered the X4 yesterday and I'll strap it back down as soon as the tuner gets here. No other mods, just the tune and I'll see what it does.
Not bad! Can you let me know once you get the tuner? I'd love to get your feedback on the tunes and then have you get a datalog sent over to Bama after you have a few miles put on the tune. Definitely interested to see what you'll be making!

If anyone has any other questions don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex

#24 ·
Just baselined the car last week absolutely dead bone stock and here is what it did....

I just ordered the X4 yesterday and I'll strap it back down as soon as the tuner gets here. No other mods, just the tune and I'll see what it does.

#28 ·
Right now, no. I have ZERO experience on this motor. Now, LS's and diesel with EFILive I do, but I have never touched one of these 5.0's as far as tuning. Eventually I start playing with this myself after I do a bunch of datalogging to see what "normal" looks like, but for now I'm leaving it to the folks at Bama.

#29 · (Edited)
Looks like the tuner should be here on Monday. I'll get it loaded up and strap the car back down on Weds or Thurs and see what it does with no other mods. After that I'll start playing with the car a bit....gotta get the turbos done on the truck first before I start ripping into this thing.

What I'll be most happy with is if it addresses that annoying surge at ~2800 RPM's. Not sure if it's a cam timing thing or a torque management table, but that spot in the RPM's is annoying.

#31 · (Edited)
Annnnd, sending this thing back. First and last time I'll deal with American Muscle / Bama Tuning folks.

First, the package arrives....it's got my name on the shipping label, open the box and it's someone else's tuner.

Call them up, talk to Justin. Explained the situation. Send me the correct files for my car and update the serial in the system. About half an hour later I get an email. Still has the wrong tune files.

I call back, ask to speak to Justin. He left for the day.

I talk to Van, again explain the situation. I have him verify my info so we get the right files. Files show up, I go to load them on the X4, and it won't show the 93 octane tune, only a 91 tune.

Okay, let's make sure this is all up to date, which it says it is "No Updates Available". Cool, let's see if it loads.

Go out to the car, hook everything up, keep getting an error, 110AD. Call back again, no idea who it was and didn't care at this point. Explained what was going on, gave them the code, they tell me it's SCT's problem and to call them.

At this point, I told them never mind, just process this thing for a return. I'll be calling Brenspeed and Lund in the morning.

First purchase / last purchase.

#41 ·
Annnnd, sending this thing back. First and last time I'll deal with American Muscle / Bama Tuning folks.
First, the package arrives....it's got my name on the shipping label, open the box and it's someone else's tuner.
Call them up, talk to Justin. Explained the situation. Send me the correct files for my car and update the serial in the system. About half an hour later I get an email. Still has the wrong tune files.
I call back, ask to speak to Justin. He left for the day.
I talk to Van, again explain the situation. I have him verify my info so we get the right files. Files show up, I go to load them on the X4, and it won't show the 93 octane tune, only a 91 tune.
Okay, let's make sure this is all up to date, which it says it is "No Updates Available". Cool, let's see if it loads.
Go out to the car, hook everything up, keep getting an error, 110AD. Call back again, no idea who it was and didn't care at this point. Explained what was going on, gave them the code, they tell me it's SCT's problem and to call them.
At this point, I told them never mind, just process this thing for a return. I'll be calling Brenspeed and Lund in the morning.
First purchase / last purchase.

Hey SilverS550 - I'm not entirely sure what managed to happen on Bama's end but I'm running down there right now see what's up! This is highly uncharacteristic of them and while errors/issues can happen having back to back issues is unacceptable for us! I'm going to work with their lead calibrator Paul to shoot you a call very soon to clear some of this up for you!

Sorry about the trouble again but I guarantee you that they'll get you back on the road as soon as possible!

Alex

#32 · (Edited)
Figured I'd give SCT a chance to make it right.....

I've been on hold for 10 mins now. I've moved from que position 22 to 19.

This is why I normally do my own tuning.

31 minutes....position 15. Phones ready to tap out. lol

53 minutes....position 9. I don't spend this much time on the phone in a month.

1:12.....position 7. Catchy tune they have........I'll have it burned into my head for a year.

1:37....position 4. Ready to go slap, choke, punch on a kitten.

1:57.....position 1. Watch me get some dude in India.

#33 ·
Ran into a similar issue...SCT ended up remoting into my laptop and loaded everything they needed to for the update and everything has been perfect for the last week. Just sponging some data logging and get the tune adjusted and dialed in.

Sorry to hear about your experience up to know, but AM and Bama are solid people from experiences

#39 · (Edited)
That was ONE issue. Apparently they have to back door some of the '15 ECM's.

When I finally got through to the SCT Tech they were FANTASTIC. Other than the two and half hours on hold, as soon as they picked up, they were on it. They stayed on the phone until the tune loaded completely.

Now, sending me someone else's tuner, someone else's tunes, then the wrong tunes, then telling me it's SCT's problem.....yeah, that pisses me off a bit, but that wasn't SCT, that was AM and Bama.

#42 ·
Hey Guys - I just wanted to throw an update in here. I spoke with Bama's Lead Calibrator whose been working with Silver to get this fixed up and it's looking like a few phone calls we're placed and they're working to get him burning rubber in no time! If anyone has any questions at all about this please don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.