Wheel Hop Solution: Steeda S550 IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (GT, V6, Eco) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Wheel Hop Solution: Steeda S550 IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (GT, V6, Eco)

Hi everyone,

We've been extremely busy with product development over here at Steeda - our main focus has been a turn-key wheel hop/IRS subframe solution for the S550 and we hit the nail on the head with our IRS Subframe Bushing Support System!

Made from CNC machined, 6061 aluminum, our bushing support system gives the rear end a much more solid feel with no increase in NVH at all. The Steeda IRS subframe bushings eliminate rear subframe movement notorious in the 2015 Mustang GT, EcoBoost, and V6. A stiffened subframe allows the car to increase traction to the rear wheels and helps eliminate wheel hop.

Our Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (Part #: 555-4437) is very easy to install with basic hand tools and does not require any permanent modifications to the car.

Steeda Kit Pros:
- Helps reduce wheel hop by eliminating subframe movement, therefore giving you much better rear suspension compliance
- No permanent modifications are necessary
- Easy, 30 minute installation, can be done on jack stands in the garage
- Our kit doesn’t increase NVH at all
- Can be removed or installed in less than 30 minutes
- Completely eliminates over ½” of travel in the factory IRS subframe
- Doesn’t require a rear end alignment
- Lifetime warranty
- Track-tested at the drag strip and the road course - we are not just straight line people

Competitors' Kit Cons:
- They make you replace the factory bushings completely with urethane or solid aluminum
- A complete removal of the IRS subframe is required; this not only takes several hours, but it’s not the easiest job for a 'do it yourselfer'
- Other kits will increase NVH if using solid aluminum bushings or very hard urethane
- Takes hours for installation
- Although other kits may reduce wheel hop, an increase in NVH is not desirable
- You will need to re-align your car if you replace the bushings that locate the rear subframe
- No bushings carry a lifetime warranty, they will fail eventually

I've attached some product photos for reference! Also, this kit is readily available! Steeda's IRS Subframe Bushing Support system greatly reduces wheel hop while virtually eliminating all IRS subframe movement. When these pieces are used in conjunction with our other Steeda rear suspension components, wheel hop and subframe movement is eliminated - stay tuned as these additional rear suspension pieces will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Again, this is not a permanent modification! It can be put back to stock in under an hour as it's very easy to install.

Before and After Comparison:

Installation:

Why IRS subframe movement must be eliminated...

As you can see in the video, when completely stock, the entire rear IRS subframe assembly moves around under acceleration, braking and even more so when bangin’ gears. This is a major problem because every single rear suspension piece is connected to this subframe. So as it’s moving and vibrating, so is the rear sway bar, toe links, integral links, camber arm and lower control arm.

They are all moving around violently as well so it makes it very hard for your suspension to 'work' and keep the tires planted on the pavement for traction. The assembly is basically fighting the car and not allowing for the suspension to work the way it was designed.

This causes unwanted changes in camber and toe which will lead to unpredictable traction and control, resulting in handling issues. Steeda’s simple kit eliminates this. PERIOD.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Very nice , going to order this ASAP....
Old 02-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Glad to hear it!

We are working hard to keep the parts coming!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered it yesterday from steeda ... I'm in FL so it should be here Sat ... I'll get it install this weekend and report the out come .. Got to stop this wheel hop ... At the track it was wheel hopping first, second and a little bit in third ..
Old 02-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Got the kit today ( thanks Guys ) Jacked it up to have a look and this is something that can be done on jack stands .. But for me I'm going to use a friends lift to do the job ..It will just make the job easier the way I see it ... One thing I can see right off the bat is the holes for the bushing bolts are much bigger than the bolt .. I'm sure this has to do with alignment of the rear sub frame .. So before I undo any bolts I'm going to mark around the large washers on the 21 MM bolts with a sharpie so I can put them back in the same location ..I hope that keeps the factory alignment in place .. Also I'm going to do one side at a time like to video stated ... The video shows this done with a aftermarket Exhaust system .. With the stock exhaust system you have less room to work because of the large size of the factory exhaust ..

Simple install for sure but much easier on a lift ..
Old 03-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well my friends lift was not open today , so I did the install at my shop with Jack stands ... Not to bad to do on the floor but a lift would have been easier ..

The kit went in pretty easy .. A little tricky getting the two part lower bushing collar in and screwed together ..It just takes a little time to get it lined up .. Grease helps ...

Away I took it for a test ride and there is NO vibration or any Noise at all with this mod ... The car rides just the same as factory .. Now here is the good part , NO wheel hop !!! The car launches so much harder than before .. It really digs in hard and the rear drops and stays down then lifts the front end up transferring even more weight to the rear ..

If you have 2015 Mustang and drag race or racing of any kind you need this mod ... Easy fix at a very good price , great bang for you buck.

Thanks Steeda for taking the time to make this upgrade ..Job well done ...

Lee..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT