Wheel hop issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Wheel hop issues

So...has anyone addressed their wheel hop yet? I was thinking about going with steeda's bushing support kit to see if that helps. Or I might wait to see what else comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 05:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I put the kit in and while it did help considerably, it doesn't full eliminate the wheel hop. It seemed really good on the street, but once I put the car on the track it really showed up....

http://youtu.be/5cCd5XnWVho

It was a noticeable improvement over stock, but there it's a band-aid fix.
SilverS550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Taking the p-zeros off seemed to get rid of it on the street, went with 295/35/20 nitto's

Mstablein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I'm not even going to try it again on the track without decent tires. The launch control is useless if the tires can't take the hit and using the line lock on tires that don't respond positively to heat is pointless.

The bushing kit does help, but ultimately the bushings need to be replaced with something solid or at least a much stiffer polyurethane.

it's going to be a matter of wanting the ride comfort vs a properly functioning suspension. If there is deflection, it isn't working properly and it's not going to be consistent.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
We have several products that aid in the wheel hop:

Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (2015) 555-4437 - Free Shipping!

Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links (2015 All) 555-4121 - Free Shipping!

You can check out our complete line of 2015 Mustang parts here - 2015 Mustang Parts - Free Shipping!

Quote:
I had the Steeda IRS Bushings, Sway Bars, G-Trac K-Brace, Strut Tower brace, and Sport Springs installed this week! WOW!! what a difference it makes............ The wheel hop has diminished, the ride is still comfortable, and the float/roll is gone over bumps/corners. It handles extremely tight in the turns and the product quality is very high!! After just being introduced to the brand, I am becoming a Steeda fan due to the high level of quality and design! Thanks to David and TJ for all the product info and help with my purchases... - See more at: Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - Coupe (2015) 555-8208 - Free Shipping!
Let me know if I can help assist with pricing or order support!!

Best Regards,

TJ

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

We have several products that aid in the wheel hop:

Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (2015) 555-4437 - Free Shipping!

Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links (2015 All) 555-4121 - Free Shipping!

You can check out our complete line of 2015 Mustang parts here - 2015 Mustang Parts - Free Shipping!

Quote:
I had the Steeda IRS Bushings, Sway Bars, G-Trac K-Brace, Strut Tower brace, and Sport Springs installed this week! WOW!! what a difference it makes............ The wheel hop has diminished, the ride is still comfortable, and the float/roll is gone over bumps/corners. It handles extremely tight in the turns and the product quality is very high!! After just being introduced to the brand, I am becoming a Steeda fan due to the high level of quality and design! Thanks to David and TJ for all the product info and help with my purchases... - See more at: Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - Coupe (2015) 555-8208 - Free Shipping!
Let me know if I can help assist with pricing or order support!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:22 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Will those two items completely fix wheel hop?

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Pairing this kit with our other IRS components (ie: Vertical Links) will help to eliminate wheel hop and subframe movement. Toe links to follow shortly, and additional products following thereafter.

Before and After Comparison:

Pairing this kit with our other IRS components (ie: Vertical Links) will help to eliminate wheel hop and subframe movement. Toe links to follow shortly, and additional products following thereafter.

Some customers have ordered just the bushing system & have been very happy ... while others have gone a step further.

It is hard to gauge how another car is going to react ... our test car performed very well & greatly reduces wheel hop while virtually eliminating all IRS subframe movement.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Will those two items completely fix wheel hop?
On my car, I just have just the bushing kit and it helped SUBSTANTIALLY.

Right off the dealer lot I smashed on it and you could feel it hopping in 1st - 3rd. Put the bushing kit in and it feels much more planted when you smash it.

Now, some of this is the traction control. If you don't have the traction control turned off, it'll hop like crazy. Turn it off and I can still feel it wanting to hop a bit (i.e. line lock turned on), but it's not the car rattling hop that makes you think it's gonna snap a shaft.

If you really wanna test it, make sure the traction control is off.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #9

Mstablein - Mentioned that he put on better Tires. i have a GT Mustang 2016 and i don't get wheel hop, what i get is non-traction from a dead start. i have the Pirelli Stock tires and i'm afraid to give it full throttle from light cause it's always skidding. Also when i turn corner and give it gas, it skids out of control altho it sort of corrects itself. that's dangerous and unsafe...So will this Bushing and better tires help with that? will this setup also apply to better traction and handing around corners? i don't wanna do to much Mods. i don't wanna lower car or put Massive amount of money. Just one or 2 things...I know Tires is a plus and that might be all i need. I never experienced wheel hop. I don't go to track but i love taking off from Red Light and Flooring it..there is where i loose control from skidding......Please advise...
GT Streetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #10

I finally received my Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller. I must say i am excited and please with the performance of this little gadget. Here's my Video on my GT Mustang Automatic. It sure is worth it. to me it was a night and day difference. Even tho it doesn't add horsepower. The benefits are just having that immediate response. There's no frustrating Delay in the Pedal anymore..Feels like a completely new car on the performance side.....
GT Streetguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT