Putting it back on the dyno today - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #71
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Putting it back on the dyno today

I can't wait to get my suspension all together and on. I have Koni yellows, Steeda springs, Steeda Panhard, Steeda CC plates... Need the arms next then I can install

I know they are working on stuff for the 15. Guess that's the trade off of having a new model!
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Yeah, there are always growing pains with a new model, it's kind of expected. There are already completely solid bushing for the whole rear end which gets rid of the wheel hop, the problem is it takes away the ride quality and I do daily drive this car a LOT more than I plan on taking it to the track.....I have enough other track vehicles to take care of that urge.

But, at the same time, that wheel hop is ridiculous. That's what breaks parts.
SilverS550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #73
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverS550 View Post
First, thanks, there are LOT of hours in those things. Lots of fabrication, lots of sweat, lots of machine time.....wouldn't change a thing....other than the Chevelle getting feet per gallon.

Anyways, so it's fair for the AM and Bama guys, when Paul tells me that he thinks the tune is ready I'll strap it back down and do exactly what I did the other day. I'll do a few baseline pulls with no tune (the car does have the exhaust on it now, so we'll make sure that's zeroed out of the equation), and then I'll do the pulls on the track tune.

I think that's more than giving Paul and his guys a truly fair shot at showing what they can do.
Anytime - I'd be living in your garage if I wasn't here daily - Rest assured they'll get this right for you. I've had Bama Tunes on multiple of my personal vehicles and they're on my family members and friends (That drive domestic anyway) I've got faith - They're going to have you grinning in no time.

Keep me in the loop if anything as always!

Quote:
Yeah, they don't hook worth a crap. Those were like 2.08 60 foot times.
You hear me miss 3rd gear in the 3rd pass? OOOPS! lol
We need to get you into bigger tires yesterday!

Quote:
Yeah, there are always growing pains with a new model, it's kind of expected. There are already completely solid bushing for the whole rear end which gets rid of the wheel hop, the problem is it takes away the ride quality and I do daily drive this car a LOT more than I plan on taking it to the track.....I have enough other track vehicles to take care of that urge.
But, at the same time, that wheel hop is ridiculous. That's what breaks parts.
^This! From what I'm hearing there's going to be some pretty incredible components coming out for the S550
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #74

Quote:
So you'd be cool paying someone for a tune when the car should already automatically adjust? That's what you're saying? Ok.

Not how it works....at all.

Dude your so lost on how it works. How the hell do you think from the factory it is safe to run any octane if the damn car doesn't adjust on its own? Answer these questions, can you or can you not put different octanes in that car? That answer is yes. Ok now follow this, does ford not rate the horsepower differently with different octanes? Once again this answer is yes. So in what world would that mean that these cars can't automatically adjust?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roadrunner86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Sounds like you are spinning halfway through second, that is nuts.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

If he would start slipping the clutch a little that might help.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #76

Quote:
Right, that's what knock sensors are for. For example, if it sees pinging on 93 octane fuel it may need to pull 4 degrees of timing to stop the detonatio. On 87 octane it may cause it to pull 9 degrees to stop the knock. That's what the knock sensors do.

You previously made the comment that these motors can't make adjustments based on octane. Now you say they can. Maybe you do know some and have some big numbers on some vehicles but your a long way off from ever touching any 5.0 I have. I'll stick with Brenspeed or AED.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
So you bumped a 3 month old thread to bash the dude? Stay classy...
Old 06-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #78

I don't check the dates but when someone acts like they are a professional and clearly they are not then yeah I'm going to say something. I read through the forums periodically and see him arguing with a very well known poster(rapinator) I'm going to speak my mind. That's why forums have gone down hill because it just gets ignored and then people looking for good information don't know what to think. I didn't bash him, I simply corrected him. I spent many years in the army and we believe in having thick skin. And no one said you had to click a 3 month old thread. Bashing and letting someone know they aren't as intelligent as they believe they are, are not the same in my book. You or anyone else don't have to like what I have to say but I refuse to keep seeing the same individual be cocky like they are right when they are far from it. A

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT