My 0-60 times are terrible - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #1

Region: Alabama
Angry My 0-60 times are terrible

Hi, I have a 2015 GT with a manual(non performance pack) with the 3.55 gears and can't figure out how to launch this car. My best time according to the in car computer is 5.7 seconds with TC off. I have a hard time launching without either roasting the tires or bogging the engine. The best I've found is to launch at about 2700RPM and dump the clutch. Then the shift into second is brutal, I can't seem to do it quickly without tons of drivetrain lash and general horribleness.

Does anybody have any tips? I should be able to get into 4.7 territory shouldn't I?

This is not my first manual car, but I'm certainly not the best at it either. I can cruise around town completely smoothly, but I don't have a tons of practice with performance based gear shifts.

Thanks
gatitoreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2015, 07:54 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatitoreborn View Post
Hi, I have a 2015 GT with a manual(non performance pack) with the 3.55 gears and can't figure out how to launch this car. My best time according to the in car computer is 5.7 seconds with TC off. I have a hard time launching without either roasting the tires or bogging the engine. The best I've found is to launch at about 2700RPM and dump the clutch. Then the shift into second is brutal, I can't seem to do it quickly without tons of drivetrain lash and general horribleness.

Does anybody have any tips? I should be able to get into 4.7 territory shouldn't I?

This is not my first manual car, but I'm certainly not the best at it either. I can cruise around town completely smoothly, but I don't have a tons of practice with performance based gear shifts.

Thanks

If you get drive train lash it's because you lose momentum going forward. You might need to step on the gas a hair sooner after the shift. If it's too soon it'll raise rpm to high for the shift though.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT