HP bang for Buck - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #1

HP bang for Buck

Hey all, looking for suggestions and personal experience on best mods for RWHP improvement. The total dollar isnt as important to me as how much Im paying per HP. Obviously there is the Supercharging option ($6800 for 200 HP gain) and the Hellion Twin Turbo ($11,800 after said and done for 300 HP gain without additional mods) but honestly Id be happy with 600 flat thru the curve. What combinations of mods do any of you suggest for my 2015 GT with performance pack that can get me there for under $6800? This is my first Mustang.. unfamiliar territory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Black_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sunshyne View Post
Hey all, looking for suggestions and personal experience on best mods for RWHP improvement. The total dollar isnt as important to me as how much Im paying per HP. Obviously there is the Supercharging option ($6800 for 200 HP gain) and the Hellion Twin Turbo ($11,800 after said and done for 300 HP gain without additional mods) but honestly Id be happy with 600 flat thru the curve. What combinations of mods do any of you suggest for my 2015 GT with performance pack that can get me there for under $6800? This is my first Mustang.. unfamiliar territory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Honestly if you want 600 the easy way a supercharger would be the ticket

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Honestly if you want 600 the easy way a supercharger would be the ticket

Thats what I figured. Anyone know if a self install of the Roush supercharger negates the warranty? The only info I could find points to the warranty being valid as long as you send the computer to Roush to be flashed... but that doesnt seem right to me. I hate to shell out extra cash for an install I can do myself in a day... but also dont want to thrash my warranty right out of the gate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
NITROUS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
NITROUS

I was waiting for you lol

Old 04-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #6

Quote:
NITROUS

Not a fan of nitro... blown too many motors over the years. Maybe I suck at it. I know the Coyote is stout and Ive heard 100-150shot is safe depending on when you choose to pull the trigger.. but as Ive stated... Im weary from past experiences. Beyond that, Im looking more for steady power. Thats why Im shying a little from a turbo and leaning toward supercharger. But I just wondered if there were some other mods that would yield decent gains... headers, catback, cold air intake, new tune, etc... and what I could epect that gain to be.. ballparking of course... each brand claims something different so I was looking for real world experiences to guide my purchases.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was waiting for you lol

Lol.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Op in all honesty if you want a supercharger check out the beefcake special. It will give you everything you need for your price range.

Or go nitrous, my choice

Old 04-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I will go out on a limb and say with bolt on's and a Turn you can reach 500 HP but that is about the best could expect. You will need some sort of forced induction or juice to get the 600 HP you are looking for. I am at 440 HP with larger injectors, CAI, Cat back exhaust and Tune. Full exhaust add another 20+ or HP, Boss or Ford racing intake and a 90mm TB is good for another 30+ HP and an aggressive Tune should get you to 500 +HP.
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone007 View Post
I will go out on a limb and say with bolt on's and a Turn you can reach 500 HP but that is about the best could expect. You will need some sort of forced induction or juice to get the 600 HP you are looking for. I am at 440 HP with larger injectors, CAI, Cat back exhaust and Tune. Full exhaust add another 20+ or HP, Boss or Ford racing intake and a 90mm TB is good for another 30+ HP and an aggressive Tune should get you to 500 +HP.
Lmao.........................

Old 04-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So no other mod would be needed for a supercharger? The extra power wouldn't risk tearing anything else up on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
MatadorStangATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
HP bang for Buck

Quote:

You underestimate the coyote...
The most I've seen on motor alone no power adders, on E85 complete full bolt ons built engine, putting 500-550 at the wheels...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I want to dyno my car on that dyno

Old 04-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

That is what I said 500+ HP. I went a bit low but to get to the 600 he is looking for some sort of forced induction or juice will be needed.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorStangATX View Post
So no other mod would be needed for a supercharger? The extra power wouldn't risk tearing anything else up on the car?

Engine would be fine, you would want some suspension mods and better tires to put it down obviously. The beefcake packages come with everything you need

Old 04-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with nate, engine would be fine, looks like you have the performance package already but you can get better results from aftermarket suspension mods! And don't forget the Brakes!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #17

thanks fo the feedback

Thanks for the feedback. Lots to consider. Eibach springs and Magnaflow catback en route. Still finding my way around headers, not sure what the best option is there. But none of these would affect my ability to supercharge her if I decide to go that route. Anybody have any GOOD things to say about Bama Tuning? Theres a COI/Bama Tune package I saw for around $800 with free lifetime tunes... in the event I never "finish" modding...but Ive heard a bunch of bad on Bama from reviews. Only good Ive heard is from Bama themselves. Lol
Old 04-09-2015, 06:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorStangATX View Post

The Roush supercharger was a Ford/Roush collaborative designed specifically for the Coyote powerplant. There are minimum modifications during the install, but theres a couple areas that require cutting and grinding and some hoses have to be shortened. But it was designed to not harm your engine. In fact, you retain factory warranty after install (still some question about that warranty from a self install)
Old 04-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Lots to consider. Eibach springs and Magnaflow catback en route. Still finding my way around headers, not sure what the best option is there. But none of these would affect my ability to supercharge her if I decide to go that route. Anybody have any GOOD things to say about Bama Tuning? Theres a COI/Bama Tune package I saw for around $800 with free lifetime tunes... in the event I never "finish" modding...but Ive heard a bunch of bad on Bama from reviews. Only good Ive heard is from Bama themselves. Lol
There New tuner is pretty good. I love my bama tune most bad reviews are from before Paul took over,

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote:
The Roush supercharger was a Ford/Roush collaborative designed specifically for the Coyote powerplant. There are minimum modifications during the install, but theres a couple areas that require cutting and grinding and some hoses have to be shortened. But it was designed to not harm your engine. In fact, you retain factory warranty after install (still some question about that warranty from a self install)
The vmp kit is more plug and play than the Roush

Old 04-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #20

Quote:
There New tuner is pretty good. I love my bama tune most bad reviews are from before Paul took over,

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I know absolutely zip about tuning. My interest in Bama stems from the idea that every time I add a new mod, they tune with that mod in mind. And if thats included with the COI for under $800, seemed like a worthwile endeavor... assuming Bama doesnt suck like all of their reviewers seem to agree they do.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Every tuner will update for free. Lund aed etc.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:38 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I know absolutely zip about tuning. My interest in Bama stems from the idea that every time I add a new mod, they tune with that mod in mind. And if thats included with the COI for under $800, seemmed like a worthwile endeavor... assuming Bama doesnt suck like all of their reviewer seem to agree they do.
Most tuners have free revisions to an extent.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Every tuner will update for free. Lund aed etc.

Is there a generally accepted "best" tuner that is dumbed down enough for a tuneillliterate like me to not screw up? Im good with wrenches and sockets... electronics... no so much. Lol
Old 04-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:

True about the VMP kit; however, it isn't that difficult to depin a few connectors and plug those wires into a different harness (bap is still a plus). The hardest part is the soldering which you have to do on both. For the money though, the vmp is better because of that time saved as well as their improved inlet elbow. Do yourself a favor and set aside money for anything breaking (not that it will, but it's always good to be prepared).
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is there a generally accepted "best" tuner that is dumbed down enough for a tuneillliterate like me to not screw up? Im good with wrenches and sockets... electronics... no so much. Lol
Lund or aed will be your best bet.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Warranty can be bought from Roush 3-36 for a cool grand but has to be a Ford or ASE do the work.
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
sounds nice

Quote:
Why the larger injectors? Who and what kind of tune. Which CAI and finally where did the 440 hp figure come from or is that an estimate.

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
Why the larger injectors? Who and what kind of tune. Which CAI and finally where did the 440 hp figure come from or is that an estimate.
Definetly a high number
Old 04-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

The “base model” 2014 Saleen Mustang White Label is powered by the same 5.0L V8 as the current Mustang GT but thanks to 39lb fuel injectors, a high performance air intake, a high performance exhaust system with high flow mufflers and a high performance engine calibration this 302 cubic inch V8 packs 440 horsepower and 400lb-ft of torque. This drivetrain is finished off by a standard 6-speed manual transmission (6-speed automatic is optional) with 3.55 gears. Improving the handling of the Saleen Mustang White Label is a Saleen S4 suspension package with special springs, bushings and links, a strut tower brace, strut tower brace plates and 5 spoke 20” alloy wheels wrapped in high performance rubber
Old 04-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

^ Lmfao........:sly: those extra 6lb of injector made the difference there

It's a dumb *** selling point they use to drag people in like yourself. Also "440" is at the crank. And the " high performance " tune is anything but.

Don't be so gullible

Old 04-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
^ Lmfao........:sly: those extra 6lb of injector made the difference there

It's a dumb *** selling point they use to drag people in like yourself. Also "440" is at the crank. And the " high performance " tune is anything but.

Don't be so gullible

What is Trevor sitting at with full boltons?
Old 04-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What is Trevor sitting at with full boltons?

Old 04-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Well I drove a standard 14 GT and then this one and I like this one better, but also got it for the same price as a Premium GT so I am happy with it!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

I thought it was below 440.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought it was below 440.
Yes sir he is. I'm at 440 on motor

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT