Got my first ticket.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Got my first ticket....

Last night. $300....
MatadorStangATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lol. Slow down young man!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I'm assuming ya deserved it......

they don't get any more pleasant the more you get.
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2015, 06:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Ouch! Just think of the mods you could have done with the $300 bucks. Or maybe that is the problem. Slow down buddy...
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, no more hot Rodin' for me

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
MatadorStangATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Yet another promise to be broken......

I took mine out of storage last wknd and did a small 3rd gear pull. I was doing about 30 over when I went by the LEO in a town known for strict enforcement. He had his gun out and gave me a break (I actually gave him a wave when I went by) I'm figuring car guy.

Thx Officer.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Good thing I have a few good spots to "test"....otherwise I'd be in bracelets if I got tagged......that and I work on half the Sheriff's deputies trucks in the county. lol

'15 GT, SCT, JLT, Magnaflow, Steeda, 20x10's w/ 275/35/20 Nitto 555's
SilverS550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I've gotten 2. Both were in 2 weeks time. $194 for 80 in a 60, speeding. Cop could have given me reckless.

The other was $150, 84 in a 70, which, because anything 80 or over, or 20+ over, is reckless. Also speeding instead of reckless.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Thank God I'm still breaking my engine in!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
Thank God I'm still breaking my engine in!
I break 'em in how they're gonna get driven. Car came off the lot, and wound out through 5th gear onto the highway. If it's gonna break, it's gonna break now or later, time doesn't make it better. 90% of any "break in" happens the very first time the motor is started.....these things aren't designed to be what we call "self-clearancing".
Old 04-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverS550 View Post
I break 'em in how they're gonna get driven. Car came off the lot, and wound out through 5th gear onto the highway. If it's gonna break, it's gonna break now or later, time doesn't make it better. 90% of any "break in" happens the very first time the motor is started.....these things aren't designed to be what we call "self-clearancing".
True. I'm old school. I like a new car because it is tight. I just can't mash the accelerater. I guess I'm wrong.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Got pulled over once thinking I was going be cited for something, but not sure what as I'd not exceeded the limit, though I had hammered it pretty hard. The cop instead wanted to complement my pipes and ask me what they were. Boy was I relieved!

-Jeff
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
True. I'm old school. I like a new car because it is tight. I just can't mash the accelerater. I guess I'm wrong.
Ford says vary rpms and don't beat on it for 500? miles. Old school too and advocate this along with early oil change.

Smart enough to know it probably doesn't matter.

even my V6 the first time I got on it was yeehaw!
Old 04-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
All I'm saying is stupid camaro and thank god the chief was my college law enforcement instructor.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff

🙈🙉🙊
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1428770711.591259.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	179732

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It is the brakes and the clutch that need a short "break in" period.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Your brakes are broken in after the first few hard stops, same thing with the clutch.

The way I always "break in" the brakes are to get into a big parking lot and get up around 60 MPH and smash on the brake pedal, and get the car down to about 5 MPH, but DO NOT STOP. Do this 4 or 5 times and then take it for a drive to cool them down and you're good. They're as seated in as they'll ever get.

The clutch.....that's debatable. It's just another friction surface that seats in after a few good hits. You certainly don't want to go straight to the track and dump it from 4500 and hot spot the crap out of the flywheel, but it certainly doesn't need any extended break in.

Transmissions, gears, motors, etc.....I normally put them together and it's not uncommon to roll it right out of the shop and onto the dyno. If stuff's gonna break, it's gonna break right then and there.

The only thing time makes it easier on is your feelings.

Whenever I freshen the trans on the truck it doesn't even take a trip around the block, I roll it out it, strap it down, make one hit on turbo (1083 hp) and then I spray the crap out of it with both kits (1551 hp). Then I go for a drive. lol

Old 04-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Got my ticket within 36 hours of owning my car, it was a much needed wake up call...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your brakes are broken in after the first few hard stops, same thing with the clutch.

The way I always "break in" the brakes are to get into a big parking lot and get up around 60 MPH and smash on the brake pedal, and get the car down to about 5 MPH, but DO NOT STOP. Do this 4 or 5 times and then take it for a drive to cool them down and you're good. They're as seated in as they'll ever get.

The clutch.....that's debatable. It's just another friction surface that seats in after a few good hits. You certainly don't want to go straight to the track and dump it from 4500 and hot spot the crap out of the flywheel, but it certainly doesn't need any extended break in.

Transmissions, gears, motors, etc.....I normally put them together and it's not uncommon to roll it right out of the shop and onto the dyno. If stuff's gonna break, it's gonna break right then and there.

The only thing time makes it easier on is your feelings.

Whenever I freshen the trans on the truck it doesn't even take a trip around the block, I roll it out it, strap it down, make one hit on turbo (1083 hp) and then I spray the crap out of it with both kits (1551 hp). Then I go for a drive. lol
The clutch manufacturers, such as Mcleod, recommend a "break in" period of 500-600 miles of city driving. Or about 1200 clutch engagements.
It is debatable, but you really need to start looking at what the friction material is made of to determine how best to break in the clutch for maximum grip and longevity.

I have a big block powered truck that has less than half the horsepower of your straight turbo diesel. It breaks E4OD's on a regular basis.
What transmission are you using that can handle 1500+ hp?
Old 04-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

It's a full billet, big shaft 48RE w/ a triple disk Precision converter. Only thing I've ever broken on that thing is the original output shaft that was about 8 years old and had COUNTLESS hits on it. The only other thing that takes a beating is the OD clutches. I usually have to freshen those once a year, but the good thing is the OD section is total separate and can be done without removing the whole trans. I usually do anyways, but normally the rest of the trans looks good.

Here's the only time I've actually broken it. Like I was saying, this was probably 8 years on this shaft....

https://youtu.be/V7dFHKWTsMQ

Old 04-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I going to start having John Wood build my transmissions. He's here in CA.
I think that I'm going to need the Billet parts.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Went to jail for a 90 in a 45 when I was 18, with my cobra

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Went to jail for a 90 in a 45 when I was 18, with my cobra

Got out of a 172 in a 55 the month before I left for basic 23 years ago. Judge told me to get on my little scooter and he didn't ever wanna see me in his town again.....

Yessir, I'm outta here.....55 MPH all the way home. lol
Old 04-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Got out of a 172 in a 55 the month before I left for basic 23 years ago. Judge told me to get on my little scooter and he didn't ever wanna see me in his town again.....

Yessir, I'm outta here.....55 MPH all the way home. lol
Lol that's one hell of a ticket.

The cop that got me had a hard on like a muther F. Slammed me against his Tahoe and all lol.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol that's one hell of a ticket.

The cop that got me had a hard on like a muther F. Slammed me against his Tahoe and all lol.

Afterwards, did he tell you what a nice guy that he is, and that you were really going 100+ but he's giving you a break by only charging you for going 90?
Old 04-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

The 3 cops that got me on the bike were actually pretty cool about it. Even gave me a choice.....goes we can tow the bike or you can follow me to the court house. It was a Sunday and they had to call the judge in. Judge gets there, sets me a court date, which was when I would have been in basic, and when I told him I was leaving for the Army he looks at me and goes, "You!....get on your little scooter....and I don't ever want to see you in my town again." Off I went....couldn't believe it.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Afterwards, did he tell you what a nice guy that he is, and that you were really going 100+ but he's giving you a break by only charging you for going 90?
Lol no, he was still a dick.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:10 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I've been stopped twice for speeding and the second time I tired to get away right before taking an off ramp to a toll and switching lanes at the very last second hoping he would keep going before he had actually turned his sirens. But he still got me. Speeding. Unsafe lane change. And changing lanes over uneven pavement or some **** like that. I got most of that dropped and lowered the speeding fine to about $120
Rico3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:24 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Here in Virginia, as mentioned earlier, anything 80+ is reckless. I tend to get to 9 over the speed limit as quickly as possible, then just enjoy the ride. I was thinking about getting the Beltronics Magnum STi radar detector, but thought it would encourage my own bad behavior. Have fun and stay safe!

VTHokiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:44 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I've had 9 Mustangs and my only speeding ticket was in my wife's Honda Pilot.... I'm doing something wrong.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiez View Post
Here in Virginia, as mentioned earlier, anything 80+ is reckless. I tend to get to 9 over the speed limit as quickly as possible, then just enjoy the ride. I was thinking about getting the Beltronics Magnum STi radar detector, but thought it would encourage my own bad behavior. Have fun and stay safe!

Radar detectors are illegal in VA
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Radar detectors are illegal in VA

Yes, you're correct. The STi emits no signaling so it is virtually undetectable. Either way, laws would be broken! Getting up to speed quickly is where I landed... Haha

VTHokiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Only illegal if you get caught. What's the worst they will do? Hold you overnight,

Old 04-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Only illegal if you get caught. What's the worst they will do? Hold you overnight,

They'll also take your radar detector in va. They have radar detector detectors.

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
They'll also take your radar detector in va. They have radar detector detectors.

Yes they do. And they will write you a ticket that's more expensive than the speeding ticket you didn't get.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT