Questions about '15 GT Convertible - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
James892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 35
Questions about '15 GT Convertible

Hello all:

First off, I'm a newbie to this forum, so go easy lol.

Anyways, I am looking into getting a 2015 Mustang GT Convertible (50 Years) and want some of the community's opinions on a couple things.

I am new to the new generation mustangs, drove my buddys 2010 gt several times in 2011 and that's it. I have more experience with a 64 and a half mustang than any modern models. I did test drive the new 2015 twice and loved it however.

1. I wanted to know how people find them as daily drivers so far...

2. Is the upgraded 12 speaker shaker system (factory option) worth it? (I like listening to my tunes while cruising)

3. Any opinions on the automatic transmission and its shift paddles? (Don't fire away at me, I'm leaning towards 6-speed)

4. What kind of weight reduction setups does anyone use for convertibles? (3800 lbs seems like a bit much)

Hope to hear from the community!

Thanks.




Go Pony Go
James892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Footpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 53
Your lucky Day. I picked mine up just as you listed it, and it's an auto. Runs Great. I can't believe I'm getting 25 mpg using premium fuel. 12 speaker system is very nice option, I have it also. Only been on a few rides because I have a Ford truck and a wrangler jeep, Oops my Harley also, so I have choices. As an everyday ride, I don't see any problem because the seats ( leather ) are very comfortable.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Footpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 287
Premium fuel seems to last longer on my mustang. I drive a 2015 v6, love it love it , love it. Ended up paying a bit to much for it but no worries it's worth the money. It can def be a daily driver! My concern is taking care of that convertible top.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
James892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 35
Footpeg - Thanks for the info, your mustang is an absolute beauty and that's exactly what I am looking to get. I'm glade to hear that your stang is comfortable for everyday commutes. Also cool to hear about the mileage being impressive so far.

GoldenCaMuscle - Sounds like your stang is making your driving more enjoyable lol, I understand from a financial standpoint that they can get up there. Your experience points to it being well worth the money, which is one of the things I was concerned about. Thanks!

Cool to get some opinions on the S550, thanks guys!

Happy driving!
James892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
VTECLol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 48
I picked up a base GT (6 speed) a few monts ago. It's my daily and love the car. I'm surprised with the fuel economy...when I'm not beating in it. Conservative driving I'm getting 25-28 typically on the highway. Driving around town lightly I'm seeing anywhere from 30-39 typically.

Really not bad when I get on it either.

The car is fast, comfortable, and handles great. Far exceeds my expectations based on the $33 Sticker price.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2015 Race Red GT 6MT
VTECLol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
wjlowe111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECLol View Post
I picked up a base GT (6 speed) a few monts ago. It's my daily and love the car. I'm surprised with the fuel economy...when I'm not beating in it. Conservative driving I'm getting 25-28 typically on the highway. Driving around town lightly I'm seeing anywhere from 30-39 typically.

Really not bad when I get on it either.

The car is fast, comfortable, and handles great. Far exceeds my expectations based on the $33 Sticker price.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Your getting 30-39 mpg around town?? Really! On a GT?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wjlowe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 287
Lol only paid 33 k for a GT ? That's nearly how much I paid for my 2015 v6.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Guinevere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 45
I paid 34 for my 2015 GT Premium w/ the 20" rims. The deals are out there if you hunt around.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 287
I paid 30 k with bumper to bumper. Southern ca


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 287
Sticker price on my v6 was 26 k I am 19 so they gave me a 2.99% interest rate I decided to extend my warranty. With tags DMV and everything it came out to 30 k. Regardless I love my car I wish I could've tested the GT. The base GT was 34 k, premium was 40 k lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
James892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 35
I have to start hunting then, I can't believe some of those deals you guys mentioned... As well as the fuel economy for the GT, that's impressive.

Thanks.


Go Pony Go
James892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:06 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 287
Regardless what 2015 mustang you get they are all amazing. In my opinion, although I've heard more about the Eco and GT.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
VTECLol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
I paid 34 for my 2015 GT Premium w/ the 20" rims. The deals are out there if you hunt around.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

You got a hell of a deal compared to me then. I bought the car back in January and live in AZ. Most of the GTs in the state were loaded up premium/PP and priced high 30s-low 40 range. Or automatics. Had to wait about a month for the car.

Traffic lights in the area I mentioned are about half a mile apart, so higher gear driving at lower speeds...that's how I am getting the fuel economy. I've seen it as high as 42.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2015 Race Red GT 6MT
VTECLol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
scurfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lewisburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by James892 View Post
Hello all:

First off, I'm a newbie to this forum, so go easy lol.

Anyways, I am looking into getting a 2015 Mustang GT Convertible (50 Years) and want some of the community's opinions on a couple things.

I am new to the new generation mustangs, drove my buddys 2010 gt several times in 2011 and that's it. I have more experience with a 64 and a half mustang than any modern models. I did test drive the new 2015 twice and loved it however.

1. I wanted to know how people find them as daily drivers so far...

2. Is the upgraded 12 speaker shaker system (factory option) worth it? (I like listening to my tunes while cruising)

3. Any opinions on the automatic transmission and its shift paddles? (Don't fire away at me, I'm leaning towards 6-speed)

4. What kind of weight reduction setups does anyone use for convertibles? (3800 lbs seems like a bit much)

Hope to hear from the community!

Thanks.




Go Pony Go

1. Excellent daily driver. The more I drive mine the more I love it.
2. Get the premium package. The assisted cruise control is amazing. The 12 speaker stereo is worth every penny. The leather seats are very comfortable, plus heated and cooled.
3. I know manual is the preferred tranny but I love the automatic. Put the drive into sport, and the paddles act just like a manual. It even blips the throttle on downshifts!
4. Take the factory resonator off and replace with Ford Racing X pipe. That's 15 pounds right there, and the sound is perfect.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
James892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
1. Excellent daily driver. The more I drive mine the more I love it.
2. Get the premium package. The assisted cruise control is amazing. The 12 speaker stereo is worth every penny. The leather seats are very comfortable, plus heated and cooled.
3. I know manual is the preferred tranny but I love the automatic. Put the drive into sport, and the paddles act just like a manual. It even blips the throttle on downshifts!
4. Take the factory resonator off and replace with Ford Racing X pipe. That's 15 pounds right there, and the sound is perfect.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Scurfie - Thanks for answering all the questions, that helps a lot with purchasing process. I'll definitely look into the resonator and x pipe when I get a chance.

Cheers


"Muscle beats import, every time."
James892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #16
Ian
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2
Are you seriously seeing that kind of mpg with your GT? I would trade in my 2011 V6 if people are seeing those kinds of mpg numbers.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:07 AM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Are you seriously seeing that kind of mpg with your GT? I would trade in my 2011 V6 if people are seeing those kinds of mpg numbers.

No he's not seeing that mpg on average. What he's seeing is when he resets the mpg monitor and let's of the gas it shoots up to 42. That's not a true mpg. My pp gt averages 22 mpg with a mixture of highway and city driving. mostly highway. Don't believe anyone when they tell you their mpg is way higher than what ford rated.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:44 AM   #18
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 198
Lol, i get 14.7 on my GT PP. i dont see how yall get them numbers😂😭


Ride or die
efrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:27 AM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrain View Post
Lol, i get 14.7 on my GT PP. i dont see how yall get them numbers😂😭


Ride or die

If you drove 2 hours each day on the highway you would average closer to 22 I'm guessing.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
scurfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lewisburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 449
I'm finding it harder and harder to not put that throttle down! And I only have 480 miles on her.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #21
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
I'm finding it harder and harder to not put that throttle down! And I only have 480 miles on her.

High five i have 481 and i feel the same way you do lol


Ride or die
efrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:21 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
scurfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lewisburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrain View Post
High five i have 481 and i feel the same way you do lol


Ride or die
Going on a long drive today with the top down. I hope to have the mileage over 500 by tonight!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #23
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
Going on a long drive today with the top down. I hope to have the mileage over 500 by tonight!

Nice, i havent stoped much since i got it im tryng to break it in asap lol


Ride or die
efrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
VTECLol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 48
Yeah...keep in mind I don't have 3.73s


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2015 Race Red GT 6MT
VTECLol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
VTECLol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 48
And I am seeing 25-28 just over the limit on the highway. Depending on hills etc obviously. That's extended driving without resetting the calculator.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2015 Race Red GT 6MT
VTECLol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by James892 View Post
Hello all:

First off, I'm a newbie to this forum, so go easy lol.

Anyways, I am looking into getting a 2015 Mustang GT Convertible (50 Years) and want some of the community's opinions on a couple things.

I am new to the new generation mustangs, drove my buddys 2010 gt several times in 2011 and that's it. I have more experience with a 64 and a half mustang than any modern models. I did test drive the new 2015 twice and loved it however.

1. I wanted to know how people find them as daily drivers so far...

2. Is the upgraded 12 speaker shaker system (factory option) worth it? (I like listening to my tunes while cruising)

3. Any opinions on the automatic transmission and its shift paddles? (Don't fire away at me, I'm leaning towards 6-speed)

4. What kind of weight reduction setups does anyone use for convertibles? (3800 lbs seems like a bit much)

Hope to hear from the community!

Thanks.




Go Pony Go

Few right off the bat.

Borla Catbacks now fit the verts and will save you about 25lbs.
Lighter wheels depending on wheels could save you around 10-15 each corner.
Driveshaft (DSS) will save you about 20lbs.
Rear seat delete
__________________
A boss.....
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:44 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
James892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Few right off the bat.



Borla Catbacks now fit the verts and will save you about 25lbs.

Lighter wheels depending on wheels could save you around 10-15 each corner.

Driveshaft (DSS) will save you about 20lbs.

Rear seat delete

Ya I just saw some of the borla exhausts, although I thought most of the fastback exhausts could fit convertible setups anyway.

Have people done a rear seat delete in the S550 verts yet? They do seem to be a bit useless in the fastback unless you're 5"7, I'm thinking they might have a purpose with a top down vert.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions jayman!

Cheers


"Muscle beats import, every time."
James892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
03 Convertible - a few questions If Only Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 12-23-2012 04:11 PM
Convertible top questions 2002VertGT 1996-2004 Mustang GT 5 09-23-2012 06:25 AM
Silver convertible :: 2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium convertible gashaus34 Member Garages 0 07-15-2012 11:42 AM
My many Questions about my 93 LX Convertible MC770 2.3 Mustang 2 10-23-2010 10:36 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.