Recaro seats??? Yes or no - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

I loved the look of the recaros. If it was just me in the vehicle and I didn't use it as a DD I would have pulled the trigger. However I live in FL and the air conditioned seats were a big plus. My wife hated getting in and out of the recaros in the GT we test drove. I was sold by the feel of the leather stock seats, huge improvement compared to 2014's.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #37
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Very good choice

Now you won't hate your car in a few months when your back hurts from entering and exiting the car. ALSO, Your ears won't hurt from your wife saying "I TOLD YOU SO" a million times.

The Recaro's are really great seats if your going to be tracking your Mustang a lot.
The stock seats are great for a daily driver street car.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #38

Region: Texas
Get the Recaro's I just drove from Houston to San Diego and the Recaro seats made the drive so comfortable. I am 66 years old and these seats are so much better than the factory seats. They are not powered but I put them in position and have never changed them - well worth the price!
Don5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 01:16 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Now you won't hate your car in a few months when your back hurts from entering and exiting the car. ALSO, Your ears won't hurt from your wife saying "I TOLD YOU SO" a million times.

The Recaro's are really great seats if your going to be tracking your Mustang a lot.
The stock seats are great for a daily driver street car.
Ronnie
In the pictures you posted of your seats they look like they have suede or that Alacantra material on them, is that correct? If so, was that a factory option with the MCA?
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #40
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
That set of seats are in my friend Jacks Boss 302

He races the car so they are needed. They are from Ford and once you get into the car---Fine--- except you are stuck and can't move. The seats are perfect for racing but suck when just driving around town.( For Me) He has five point harnesses on both sides as well as a roll bar. He replaced the transmission with a tremek and all stainless steel brake hoses. His Mustang is highly modified but it is still a street car.
He drove to Sebring a few weeks ago and ran the car, Drove it back home. He drives to all the races, He puts two race tires in the trunk and two on a trailer hitch luggage rack.
This is the Mustang that Hot Rod magazine used to test against the Z28 . It was basically stock at that time and Jack drove it about 500 miles to the place they were were doing the comparison. ( HOT ROD ISSUE 0614 ) He drove, The Z28 came in on a tailor, He needed to put on his race brake pads, They would not give him time although they screwed with the Z28 for an hour.
Randy Pobst drove both of the cars and although the Camaro was only a little less then 4 seconds faster then Jack's Mustang The Mustang still beat the 850 horsepower 69 Camaro with the 540 Ci Donovan engine. This was around Barber Motorsports Park
Z-28 $75,000 with no air cond, a single speaker radio, not a good car for a daily driver at all.
The 69 Camaro= $150,000 plus and got his *** kicked by a street car (Mustang)
The 2013 Boss 302 at $41,000 , Drove to the track, Used street Pirrelli crap tires and drove home.
Now, Just tell me== What won the comparison?????
My personal opinion is it was the Mustang Street car.
Ronnie

Get a copy of the June 2014 Hot Rod Magazine and read the story and you will agree with me 100%
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #41

Region: Texas
The beauty of the RECARO seats is that you are seated in the right position to drive and you cannot move around - after 10 hours on the road when I get out I feel great! My GT is a daily driver and I love my RECARO seats?
Don5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT