Recaro seats??? Yes or no - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Recaro seats??? Yes or no

I'm planning to order a 2015 gt with pp and I'm on the fence about the recaro seats. Any opinions?

Sorry my phone auto corrected Recaro on the title and I can't change it on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboyd View Post
I'm planning to order a 2015 gt with pp and I'm on the fence about the recaro seats. Any opinions?

Sorry my phone auto corrected Recaro on the title and I can't change it on my phone.

From personal experience, I don't really see much point in getting the recaro seats. The seats that come with the car now are already amazing. I guess it would come down to whether you plan on getting a harness installed.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Do you plan on road racing or auto crossing the car?

If not, the regular seats are fantastic.

'15 GT, SCT, JLT, Magnaflow, Steeda, 20x10's w/ 275/35/20 Nitto 555's
SilverS550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

No just a dd, thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
I edited it for you.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I sat in a 2015 premium with the leather seats. They were soooooo comfy. Like said before if you don't plan to race it around corners stick with the normal seats (if you are getting the leather).

HID end all thread
Old 04-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
The regular seats are usually for comfort while recaros usually are more supportive during turning; however, I have yet to get in the 2015 so.... Nothing worse than going to a driving event and at the end of the day your left leg is dead from trying to support you since your seat won't. Considering the selling point of the ugly 2015 is the handling (not the weight), I would be out carving it up, but that's me.

Disclaimer: Silver's car is pretty decent looking however. Maybe they will grow on me.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I sat in a 2015 premium with the leather seats. They were soooooo comfy. Like said before if you don't plan to race it around corners stick with the normal seats (if you are getting the leather).
Bought my car in May 2014, went in for my first oil change around July and there happened to be a fella from Michigan in a pre-production ecoboost premium. He let me sit in the driver seat and I did not want to get out... Those seats are no joke when it comes to comfort and keeping you in the seat. So much hug.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well i dont plan to race it but i also will not be getting the leather, just the standard cloth.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:47 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I would get the recaros if your going with cloth. They are much better in terms of support even as a daily driver. I have cloth recaros and I love them. I think the base cloth seats are ugly. The leather seats look good though.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:05 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I would get the recaros if your going with cloth. They are much better in terms of support even as a daily driver. I have cloth recaros and I love them. I think the base cloth seats are ugly. The leather seats look good though.

The base seats are power. Are the recaro seats power as well?

Old 04-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
The base seats are power. Are the recaro seats power as well?

No recaro seats are power.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, Recaro seats are all manual adjustment.

I have them in my 13 GT Premium and love them.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:55 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
You also can't have heated seats with the recaros
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I was on the fence too. I drove a GT with the Recaros I like them but I felt they were a little hard to get in and out of. So I ordered my GT without Recaros. I am happy with the factory seats
HP435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP435 View Post
I was on the fence too. I drove a GT with the Recaros I like them but I felt they were a little hard to get in and out of. So I ordered my GT without Recaros. I am happy with the factory seats

How were they when comparing daily comfort when driving?

Old 04-15-2015, 12:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

The factory seats are great for every day driving. Plus they are heated/AC. The Recaro's look great, but I have read on the 2015 they already have wear issues on the side of the seats
Old 04-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the input everyone. I feel like I'm going to save the extra $1,500, go with the factory seats and grab some mods!

Old 04-15-2015, 12:48 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Good Luck, I ordered mine with GT coupe premium (P8C), 401A Group, Enhanced security (43S),
GT perform pkg (67G), Navigation sys (91N), Race Red (PQ). If I ordered another I would order it the same way. Hope these helps.

Greg
Old 04-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #20

Region: Canada
I have a 2013 V6 with the performance pkg. It came with the Recaro seats and I love them. They really hug you at the sides and r comfortable on long rides. I would get them again in my next car.
Greg
dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:50 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

This was the very best information you recieved

Quote:
This is "TRUE" They make it difficult to enter & exit the car. If you can stand that for your daily driver-"FINE"
Once you are in and sitting they are OK but not as comfortable as the standard Ford Mustang seats. They sure do hug you so you don't have a chance of sliding on the seat in a fast turn at all.

It's your car so if you really want them you should find a car with them in it so you can see for your self just exactly what your buying.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I found a leather set of Recaros on Craigslist and grabbed them for my 13 GT. I really like them over the stocks, especially on the track.
I test drove a 15 and wasn't crazy about the stock seats. You really need to park your butt in both to see what feels best to you.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Here's my story. Tried a 4 cylinder mustang convertible w/leather seats. I'm not a small guy. 6"1 275. I fit like a glove. However I did buy a 2015 GT/Convertible with heated / cooled Leather seats. Seats are great. I cant imagine there are seats better than the stock ones. I guess it's a personal choice. Driver seat is power 6/way with Lumbar support. Passenger is just power. Lumbar support is great for your lower back.

Footpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

The Black leather that I have is not stiff. Softest leather that I've felt. Plus it's got the 50th year anniversary stamp in the leather. Usually with all the new vehicles I have bought I would go with the high end cloth. Not the Mustang. Looks better in Leather. Just my opinion.

Footpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #25

Region: New Jersey
Have had Both Seats

My 2011 has stock leather seats which I liked but my 2014 has Recaro which I originally wanted to trade out of but could not and I am glad I got them. Much better than stock even though no power option
Peagasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:35 AM   #26
Road Trip!

It seems like age is the deciding factor. If you're under 50 get the recaros. Over 50...get the stock seats because of your lumbar issues and the fact the the cooled seats can get rid of your occasional swamp ***.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:55 AM   #27

Region: New Jersey
Ha ha I am 62!

I know about swamp *** but thats what air conditioning was put in cars to prevent! The stock seats are uncomfortable on a long drive. They seem to put fatigue on the groin area as the centers are too high must be the padding?
Peagasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The one problem with the RECARO"S is:

They may be comfortable when short distances but you can "NOT" move in them. They do hold you in one position and do exactly what they are designed for. They are great if your into racing a lot but not so great for a daily Driver.
They also make it difficult to enter and exit the car.
If you are not tracking or auto-Xing it would behoove you to find a car with Recaro's to sit in before you buy them.
Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jacks seats.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	943.9 KB
ID:	180129  
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #29
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I daily drive a car with a 5 point harness, and soon I'm getting some fixed back race seats.

You do get used to it after a while.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 04-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Lol - I'm over 50 - 6'5" @ 255 lbs - and I love the leather Recaros. I didn't think they would fit until I went to a track school where they had them in the school cars ( but fabric Boss ones). Slightly more awkward to get into but worth it. Long trips? Maybe a nod to the stockers.
tezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:54 PM   #31

I have a 2014 GT with recaro seats and they are great! They keep you in perfect position and after a 10 hour drive I feel great, get them you will not regret the move.
Don5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I think Footpeg and I have the same car. Replacing the stock resonator with the Ford Racing X pipe really opened up the sound. With the top down it's really great too. Have you modded yours?
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #33

I am 66 years old and my GT is a daily driver - the Recaros are great the manual adjustment is no problem I set the position and have not changed it in 13,000 miles. The seats put you in the right position for driving. Getting in and out requires technique and I have no problem.
Don5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Didn't buy the Recaros

Well i pulled the trigger today! Ordered a 2015 GT w/ PP. I ended up not getting the Recaro seats. I decided to go with standard seat because they really are much better than the one in my 14 GT and they are power even in the base interior (which i got). I feel like it was the right thing to do and now i have 1500 extra bones to lower the car and add exhaust!
Old 04-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I have the premium leather with 3 preset settings and heated and cooled helps in extreme hot and cold weather conditions. The 50 yr appearance package doesn't look bad either. Not too much chrome on the black on black and I like how the seats have the 50 years logo embroidered on.
Rico3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT