Sirius radio? Did my dealer lie? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Sirius radio? Did my dealer lie?

I just got my 2015 5.0 my dealer said it came with Sirius radio on the window it says Sirius compatible! My salesman called me and said that the '15s module won't come out till July!?! Is that true?

Sent from my iPod touch using Mustang Evolution
bluemonster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #2

Region: Alabama
....I have no clue but I thought they all had it stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jmmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Me too! It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever! My 13' came with Sirius brand new!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
If you have a base model, and there is no "bump" antenna on the roof, you DID NOT GET SIRIUS and it may have a Sirius button on the radio but it will cost ALOT of money to add the components and antenna.
They can say Sirius compatible because it sort of is, but.....!
So, long story short, if you just wanted to make sure your base car had satellite radio, you had to buy the $3k+ more expensive premium model!
Why isn't this standard on every car, every model!?
Nice job Ford.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Well you can replace the factory radio with an aftermarket one and the problem is solved. I agree it's B.S. it's a marketing tactic
Old 05-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you guys! Yea I think its stupid! I guess I will be looking into aftermarket radio. 😏

Old 05-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
The tragedy is that adding the factory components and antenna is very expensive and so is replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket Sync compatable radio. Or you can add the stick on Sirius dash mount and have wires showing.
You would think Sirius would give car manufacturers incentive to make every car ready to go. They don't make money unless you have it. I know Sirius isn't the best sound quality for audiophiles but for those of us that live in the sticks with poor FM channels, it's nice to have plenty of stations and music on tap. And I'm not going to spend hours learning how to, and downloading music on a USB. I would however pay a hippy to load a USB with stuff I tell him I like and then have a 1000+ songs on hand.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

My premium '15 came with it. But to be honest I have used it only twice.

Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with you waylap! Not sure but I think I'll just the music off my iPhone! Save my money for other mods! It's not a huge deal to me but would have been nice!

Old 05-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

^ some people use it some don't! I just like the mostly commercial free stations

Old 05-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I use mine all the time in my 2012

I like it.
I like 50's music.
I like 60's music.
It's good for me because I even like some of the talk radio programs as well as the comedy programs.

I do agree that the dealers should explain more about what you have to do to get it.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

^ I agree Ronnie they should explain it better! I was not a happy camper!

Old 05-09-2015, 06:37 PM   #13

Region: Alaska
Only time my radio on is when I'm parked. I wanna hear that rumble!

wbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Not me-

I like to hear both. There is nothing like getting up around 4 or 5 in the morning and going for a back roads cruise. 50's or 60's music on the Sirius radio and ears tuned to the Magnaflows. No traffic, just gotta watch out for deer and Bears. Critters in general.
Then back to the diner for breakfast and on to home.
Ronnie
Old 05-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Wbeard nice! Ronnie me too! Love my 5.0! Saving up to put on a borla exhaust! 😊

Old 05-10-2015, 04:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I too have a base model, I play CD's and wind thru the Twisty's in the morning! Ford will listen in here occasionally.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:50 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Will never pay for Sirius service ever again. Complete waste. Same music over and over and over for months. Considering most people only have 1 or 2 channels they actually even listen too it's just not worth it to me. Even when I've had cars that had it as a free trial I rarely used it.

Besides, I'd rather use iHeart on the phone and hear what I actually want.

Also, anybody else notice that the sound quality from Sirius still sucks.

'15 GT, SCT, JLT, Magnaflow, Steeda, 20x10's w/ 275/35/20 Nitto 555's
SilverS550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Wow, I guess you just don't like it.

I listen mostly to 50's or 60's oldies but goodies music and they play songs I hardly remember. A huge variety.

I'm guessing you probably like to listen to the newer music that all sounds the same and gives me a headache.

Sirius has the Elvis channel and Neil Diamond channel. They also have a channel that plays only the old country sounds that are worth listening to. The new country music is not what I like at all.

Sirius is not for everyone but it is well worth the $$$$ I pay because I do enjoy it.

What this thread is about though is: Why don't the dealers tell customers they have to pay extra to get a Satellite radio that is supposed to be capable of their getting "SIRIUS"

Ronnie
Old 05-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

The other option is if you have a Sirius account you can listen through the bluetooth on the phone. Not THAT big of a deal. I just don't see the need for the subscription when you can get better for free with iHeart.

'15 GT, SCT, JLT, Magnaflow, Steeda, 20x10's w/ 275/35/20 Nitto 555's
SilverS550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for y'all's input! Might have to go with iheart then!

Old 05-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Satellite radio is losing money and has been for some time. It'll either go under or it'll go to music over IP like Pandora/Iheart/Slacker/Rhapsody etc...

I don't see any reason for Sirius personally, I mean why would you get it? Good aftermarket deck with a USB front port, buy a low profile 64GB stick and throw it in there and have your entire computer's music library right there. Or buy a subscription to one of the streaming services or just listen for free.

Or just find a really good terrestrial station, they've gotten a LOT better in the last few years because they know if they play too many commercials or have **** programming people have a lot of other options.

And as far as excuses for ppl not getting an IP radio service like Pandora/Rhapsody/Slacker... they all have options to store stations right on the phone with a premium membership so using up your monthly mobile data allotment is not a good reason to not use it anymore. Or get a carrier that doesn't suck and still offers unlimited.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Good point! 👍🏻😊

Old 05-21-2015, 04:28 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I hate the commercials on Sirius. What the hell? I use my phone, Bluetooth , and Google Play. I pay for the premium which allows me to download the songs/albums to my phone, and not use data. I can also upload music into my library, and then make my own playlists. The audio is 320 mp3 quality, not as good as a cd, but I play it loud so it sounds good to me. That's when I play it. I usually like the windows down, no radio, and just the rumble.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Darn --Mine must be different

I don't receive any commercials on my Sirius Radio. Of course I use the 50's or 60's channel almost all of the time.
I'm just going to have to call them and complain. """I WANT COMMERCIALS"" like scurfie gets on his Sirius radio.
I feel cheated.
Ronnie
Old 05-21-2015, 07:58 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I don't receive any commercials on my Sirius Radio. Of course I use the 50's or 60's channel almost all of the time.
I'm just going to have to call them and complain. """I WANT COMMERCIALS"" like scurfie gets on his Sirius radio.
I feel cheated.
Ronnie
LOL! I was wrong. It's not commercials, it's the DJ's yacking on and on. Sorry the coffee hadn't kicked in. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I was just messing with ya

I like when the DJ's speak and take some phone calls,
I figured that is what you were talking about.
On these channels I can here some one hit wonders that I have not heard since the 60's and it brings back some great memories.
Ronnie
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

the comedy was a nice change of pace every now and then. I would never pay for it.

That said the main issue is if the dealer told you it had it then they need to make that right. A premium should but base would not
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Sirius is good for 1 thing. Howard Stern.
14 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff

So that means good for no things... Stern stopped being funny or edgy in like 1995.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #30
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I was looking at the 2015's

My dealers has about 40 or 50 Mustangs and not one single one had a serous capable radio in it.
I made a special point to look at all of them while waiting for my Mustang club meeting to start.
I don't know if it can be added later or not.
Ronnie
Old 06-06-2015, 09:53 PM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its because nobody cares about satellite radio anymore, its not even a selling point these days. People care more about wifi in the car now so they can stream music but that'll be going away soon too as the carriers move back to unlimited data. T-Mo and Sprint already are and the writing is on the wall for VZW/ATT to bring it back as well. I pull in speeds damn near as fast as my 50/50 service in a LOT of places around here on T-Mo LTE.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT