Brake Suspension Warning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Brake Suspension Warning

Hello All,

I have had my 2015 GT non-PP since February and have been meaning to get it in for service for that awful brake squeal so many of us are familiar with. I ran a vehicle diagnostic test through Sync and it flagged the brakes and suspension as needing "urgent service". I have not had any lights flash on the dashboard or seen any leaking fluids (car has less than 5K miles on it, I would certainly hope there wouldn't be any). Since the TSB was issued for the non-pp brakes I didn't know if Ford had flagged the cars with known brake issues in their system or if there is something else going on in there. Has anybody else experienced this? Trying to get it scheduled to be looked at this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have my car in the shop. They just called me and told me it's ready. They ended up replacing brakes and rotors. Looks like everything else checked out fine. Better to get it fixed now rather than later.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jnieto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Did you have the same issue pop up in your report or the it in because the TSB was issued?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Make sure that when you run a vehicle health report that you do not have the parking brake on. If the parking brake warning light is on, the VHR thinks it's a malfunction since the same light used to warn of a true malfunction.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Aha! I bet that is what did it. I'll have to run it again. Either way I have committed to getting these brakes fixed Friday. Will be nice to not wake up all the neighbors when I leave in the morning.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

How do you run this diagnostic through sync. Do you need a flash drive or anything to connect to it. Or register online?
Rico3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico3in1 View Post
How do you run this diagnostic through sync. Do you need a flash drive or anything to connect to it. Or register online?
Register your Sync account on-line at fordowner and then select a preferred dealer. Set up your VHR to send you an email, text or both. Once that's done, back in your car (make sure your phone is paired) and just ask sync to perform a VHR. I've on occasion had to say "services" first or "phone" but it usually works from whatever media is selected. Found out the hard way that, though the VHR seems to run, I received no reports until I selected a preferred dealer. The instructions weren't clear that I had to do that.

Make sure the engine is running for at least a minute or so and that the parking brake is released. If you try to run the VHR with just the key on, engine off, sync will report a problem with every dash indicator that's on. Don't ask!
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:29 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks a lot bro
Rico3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Yeah sounds like the parking brake was on, any warning lights like the brake one on will kill your diags.
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT