Got a new Mustang GT...week later Accident (Pics) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Got a new Mustang GT...week later Accident (Pics)

I got new Mustang GT week and a week later lady hit me in the parking lot. I am pissed its really frustrating especially the way it happened and where it happened. I just cant believe anyone could just be like let me change lanes and go right into that car.

I think she had to be on some kind of drugs... she looked pale, skinny, and based on how she hit me i srsly think she had to be on something possibly (meth or ice).

Calling her insurance tomorrow ... what to do?

I know there is going to be vehicle diminished value right?...considering its a new car? How do i make sure i dont get screwed over by her insurance and get the right amount for diminished value?

Here is info from police report... its clear that she is at fault so her insurance cant argue that...

Any tips on what to do when i call her insurance tomorrow?
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 10:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What to do? Grab a baseball bat and go ken griffey on her a$$... lol

Damn man sorry to see that seriously. If she has credible insurance "thank god" let them pay for the damages. Looks like a ford fiesta for the next week or so ...

Black 2008 GT "If it ain't hooking, it ain't booking"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:05 PM   #3
doyouevenforum

This is what I'd do personally

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433131509242.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	183864  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 11:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Not sure how Georgia works but as a former Florida traffic cop, Call your own insurance company! They should be doing all the work for you! That's why you pay them. They call her insurance. If G.A. Is a no fault state, your insurance repairs your car then goes after the at fault drivers insurance for reimbursement.
Regardless if G.A. Is a no fault state or not, your insurance company can and should be doing any phone calls, arranging repair estimates etc. Thank you for actually having a police report! It's so frustrating how many people don't call and insist on a report and then ***** later that they're getting the run around from their own and the other drivers company.
Always get an officer on scene and politely demand a report completed by them,not you.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouevenforum View Post

PRICELESS!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:41 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
As to diminished value, make sure you notify your insurance company that you want to file for this as well.

And you don't have to accept their first offer if you feel it's low; remember, insurance companies are in the business to make money, so they may offer you a low diminished value amount; it can certainly be negotiated if you feel its not a fair amount. Find out what the current value is for your Mustang by using a Kelly Blue Book statement (remember, your Mustang is now considered used), and talk to your dealership that sold you the Mustang to see what its retail value is (not its trade in value) now that it will have an accident report posted against it.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Bucko why would i seek diminished value insurance claim from my insurance. Its her fault so shouldnt i been seeking it from her USAA insurance? I am gonna be calling her insurance today.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
And I thought finding a G%%^ dang screw in my rear tire this weekend was bad. Only 1,087 miles on it too. I thought the dealer would have one in stock. Nope. 3-4 day wait.

Sorry about your accident, but as the one previous poster said you need to get your insurance company involved asap.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:26 AM   #9
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
her dime for insurance (unless it is a no-fault state)

good luck/sorry
Old 06-01-2015, 11:27 AM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Forum: ya made me laff.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #11
RBK
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
This is exactly why I park a hundred feet from the nearest car. The number of bad drivers out there is unbelievable.
RBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
^ that's a good ideology to have. I don't know if it's like this everywhere. But here when you park far away there's always some car parked right next to you. It's so annoying, you park away to avoid idiot drivers, but they just come to you.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
And God help you if you use two parking spaces where I live.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Not sure how Georgia works but as a former Florida traffic cop, Call your own insurance company! They should be doing all the work for you! That's why you pay them. They call her insurance. If G.A. Is a no fault state, your insurance repairs your car then goes after the at fault drivers insurance for reimbursement.
Regardless if G.A. Is a no fault state or not, your insurance company can and should be doing any phone calls, arranging repair estimates etc. Thank you for actually having a police report! It's so frustrating how many people don't call and insist on a report and then ***** later that they're getting the run around from their own and the other drivers company.
Always get an officer on scene and politely demand a report completed by them,not you.

Waylap1 is right. Report this AT ONCE to YOUR insurance company. Give them the insurance info she gave you and let them take it up from there. Your insurance will make sure your car is repaired in any case. I assume they'd also check for frame damage. You have great taste in cars, q1800cooguy. Be patient about this, and don't drive yourself nuts. Your insurance may give you a loaner, depending on your coverage, but it's not likely to be a Mustang.
cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouevenforum View Post

Yeah
Old 06-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

That Sucks, however your insurance should be doing the leg work. Take it back to a Ford Dealer for an estimate first, and probably Fix it back to original show room condition. Got to be a dealer you trust. Estimate will be more but it's your Mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Footpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:04 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Lots of insurance company's have repair shops they deal with but its your choice not theirs. Good Luck

Footpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #18

Region: New Jersey
I was hit by uninsured scumbag

This ****** bag backed into me in parking lot of probation, yes probation. I went to give my contractor friend who works for me a ride home this puke backs into me fresh out of jail. Called him later he says he is working with me??? to claim accident happened a day later when I asked why he said "He had new insurance" right! you mean no insurance. I wound up putting out 500 for uninsured motorist. The car owner his girlfriend paid nothing. My insurance picked up the tab!
Peagasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
That absolutely "SUCKS"
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #20

couldn't help the street on the police report, coral gables??
cognizantphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
^ that's a good ideology to have. I don't know if it's like this everywhere. But here when you park far away there's always some car parked right next to you. It's so annoying, you park away to avoid idiot drivers, but they just come to you.

Adventure till you drop

That happens where I live too. I park my car with 10 spaces on either side and I come back out with someone RIGHT next to me

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
wmelendez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmelendez13 View Post
That happens where I live too. I park my car with 10 spaces on either side and I come back out with someone RIGHT next to me

Pisses me off. And 90% of the time it's some random Nissan or Toyota. If it was a cool car I wouldn't be as mad. That's why at my shop I park my cars somewhere where our customers can't park. Only my coworkers and a very select few have access to.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800CoolGuy View Post
I got new Mustang GT week and a week later lady hit me in the parking lot. I am pissed its really frustrating especially the way it happened and where it happened. I just cant believe anyone could just be like let me change lanes and go right into that car.

I think she had to be on some kind of drugs... she looked pale, skinny, and based on how she hit me i srsly think she had to be on something possibly (meth or ice).

Calling her insurance tomorrow ... what to do?

I know there is going to be vehicle diminished value right?...considering its a new car? How do i make sure i dont get screwed over by her insurance and get the right amount for diminished value?

Here is info from police report... its clear that she is at fault so her insurance cant argue that...

Any tips on what to do when i call her insurance tomorrow?

Crappy insurance company's always try to fault thee other driver, good luck dude.

GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #24
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Call Ken.. One call, that's all. Sorry I couldn't resist. Anyway, talk with your insurance co, they can assist you with the claim.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:43 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmelendez13 View Post

I can't keep track of how many times that's happened to me and they park purposely close to be a d***. Just more proof that it's just about impossible to have anything nice now a days without people being jealous and trying to ruin it. The worst experience was when I had my 370z before I got my mustang I came out of a mall where I parked in the last few spots in the parking lot and it wasn't even that crowded to find someone felt the need to run a shopping cart in my car.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:25 AM   #26

Region: Alaska
Always insist on police report and contact your ins co soon as possible. If not it becomes you fix yours I fix mine deal and the guilty party always makes out. Some people do suck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:21 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I can't keep track of how many times that's happened to me and they park purposely close to be a d***. Just more proof that it's just about impossible to have anything nice now a days without people being jealous and trying to ruin it. The worst experience was when I had my 370z before I got my mustang I came out of a mall where I parked in the last few spots in the parking lot and it wasn't even that crowded to find someone felt the need to run a shopping cart in my car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1433244059.551218.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	183946.
I know this is a corvette but it's the best example that I could find of what it's like out there

Old 06-06-2015, 04:39 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

sorry to see your new Mustang banged up.
14 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
What to do? Grab a baseball bat and go ken griffey on her a$$... lol

Damn man sorry to see that seriously. If she has credible insurance "thank god" let them pay for the damages. Looks like a ford fiesta for the next week or so ...

Black 2008 GT "If it ain't hooking, it ain't booking"
I agree. She probably wouldn't feel anything.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:54 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Just wanted to give an update.

I called her insurance USAA and filed a claim with them. After about a week they approved the claim and let me take my car wherever i want. I dropped it off on Monday and they said it should be fixed in about 7 business days. Estimated repairs were $3500 and her insurance is paying for everything

They also gave me a rental 2015 Ford F150 XLS ...its a nice truck but it better be considering its $40 000.

I asked the insurance lady about filing for diminished value and she said once the car is repaired she will send me a form to fill out and send to them to request diminished value claim as well.

Will update once i get more info.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:01 AM   #31
Staff

Regular
Staff

sounds good so far......still sux but hopefully it won't be real bad.

Rental trucks excel at stump pulling!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

What's the latest update with your car?

Old 06-25-2015, 10:32 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Make SURE you look at the repaint in solid direct sunlight, indirect light, shine a good LED light on paint you know is factory, and go into the repainted area......there should be no variation.
Don't accept it if there is the slightest difference in color, and sorry to hear about your situation.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT