Got Stripes from AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Got Stripes from AM

I'm nervous about putting them on myself. Has anyone done it? Is it super hard? Any tips? I'm going to put them on this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
MatadorStangATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 09:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Got Stripes from AM

If you have a hood scoop you will have to take the hood off and remove it. Painters tape, measuring tape, exacto knife.

Simply measure the hood and use that as you center point in the middle of the hood. Run a strip of tape from the front bumper all the way to the rear bumper. It's tedious but continue to take a few steps back away from the car to make sure to line is right.

I measured and cut piece by piece in sections "as far as" measured how much for the bumpers, hood, roof, trunk . And wing if you have one.

The hardest part if had to be honest was the GT emblem that's a perfect circle at the time I didn't know that could be removed.... "Durrrrr"

Can it be done yes ... And you will feel great that you did it yourself. I got into a wreck a few months after I did them, and the shop put them back on for me. Of course they did a better job but you couldn't tell the difference unless I told you what parts I did... Hope this helps

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #3
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
If you have a hood scoop you will have to take the hood off and remove it. Painters tape, measuring tape, exacto knife.

Simply measure the hood and use that as you center point in the middle of the hood. Run a strip of tape from the front bumper all the way to the rear bumper. It's tedious but continue to take a few steps back away from the car to make sure to line is right.

I measured and cut piece by piece in sections "as far as" measured how much for the bumpers, hood, roof, trunk . And wing if you have one.

The hardest part if had to be honest was the GT emblem that's a perfect circle at the time I didn't know that could be removed.... "Durrrrr"

Can it be done yes ... And you will feel great that you did it yourself. I got into a wreck a few months after I did them, and the shop put them back on for me. Of course they did a better job but you couldn't tell the difference unless I told you what parts I did... Hope this helps

Black8th totally murdered this!

Absolutely everything here is on point. I would stress that you have a couple extra hands to help and do not do this in direct sunlight. Find a garage with good lighting and ample space to work around the car because once they're on the car you're going to have a limited amount of time to get them in place! Let us know if you have any questions and good luck you'll be fine!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT