Geez, revvers, leave me alone! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Geez, revvers, leave me alone!

OK..........within the first 1/2 mile of the dealership, on our TEST DRIVE, I see a neon green Dodge Challenger cutting in and out of traffic trying to catch up with me. As luck would have it, I was trying to get on the freeway, and there was a red light right at the base of the straight onramp. Of course, the guy ended up next to me, revving.......when the light turned green, he took off full throttle, blowing black carbon out the the tailpipes all the way, custom exhaust bellowing....I just let him go.
Within the first two days of owning the GT, there have been 4 or 5 other cars and trucks that just have to blow by me, and rev when they do so, or accelerate extra hard next to me from a red light.
No way am I ever going to street race any of these idiots......anyone else having this happen to them?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 07:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
They envy the powwaa! Lol yeah it happens quite often. I just let them act dumb and go about my way.

Rollin' in my 5.0
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
They envy the powwaa! Lol yeah it happens quite often. I just let them act dumb and go about my way.

Rollin' in my 5.0
I guess it comes with being a 435 hp, 13.0 second street car.........I do love pulling onto the freeway though..........being capable to do just over 10 seconds to 100 mph makes 70 or 80 mph come up like magic! Truly effortless.
One of the reasons I liked the Guard color was I thought it would fly under other's radar more than say, a bright red or yellow. I guess the "5.0" on the side is the same size on all of them................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yes, I get it on just about a daily basis as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
MatadorStangATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
It's usually rusted up civics with fart cans that usually do that type of stuff to me. It does get annoying after a while. I would rather have someone pull up next to me and give me a thumbs up, I would usually return the favor even if their car is meh.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

GUILTY!!!

I'm not a revver but I AM one of the instigators.
Rarely in my Mustang though... I have an old truck that is better suited for that duty.
Given the opportunity, I will make you prove to me that you are capable of making that a 13 second street car... While "under fire", if you will.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
It's usually rusted up civics with fart cans that usually do that type of stuff to me. It does get annoying after a while. I would rather have someone pull up next to me and give me a thumbs up, I would usually return the favor even if their car is meh.

Where DID mufflers the size of a small garbage can originate anyway? I love the little 1.6 liter engines trying to fill that thing....HUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVfffffff............they sound terrible. Why do they want their cars to sound that way?
Old 06-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
GUILTY!!!

I'm not a revver but I AM one of the instigators.
Rarely in my Mustang though... I have an old truck that is better suited for that duty.
Given the opportunity, I will make you prove to me that you are capable of making that a 13 second street car... While "under fire", if you will.
Well, if you happen to see a Guard 5.0 convertible in Spokane, WA. with LE Memorial plates, it is not going to race you.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Well, if you happen to see a Guard 5.0 in Spokane with LE Memorial plates, it is not going to race you.
I will keep that in mind.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:01 AM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Haven't driven the Mustang for an entire week. Drove it around today and nothing happened. But countless times driving around in other cars there is always stuff that happens. It's really odd lately.

HID end all thread
Old 06-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
sux to have a nice car doesn't it?
Old 06-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I swear every time I'm out in my stang everyone seems to be somewhere else. LOL. When in my wife's car I'm surrounded by sports/muscle cars. To funny...
Old 06-27-2015, 10:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Someone must be afraid of a ticket or loosing. lol
But that's the fun of owning a fast street car.

showsomeskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Same over here wife hates it also

showsomeskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
At some point, you will get used to it. It happens all the time. You might even get to the point where you don't notice as much.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I get that mess all the time myself and I usually just look the other way. I haven't had a ticket in a very long time and don't plan on getting one ever again if I can help it. It's bad enough that I have to pay personal property tax, I refuse to willingly contribute to the judges new Mercedes but to each his own.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OK..........within the first 1/2 mile of the dealership, on our TEST DRIVE, I see a neon green Dodge Challenger cutting in and out of traffic trying to catch up with me. As luck would have it, I was trying to get on the freeway, and there was a red light right at the base of the straight onramp. Of course, the guy ended up next to me, revving.......when the light turned green, he took off full throttle, blowing black carbon out the the tailpipes all the way, custom exhaust bellowing....I just let him go.
Within the first two days of owning the GT, there have been 4 or 5 other cars and trucks that just have to blow by me, and rev when they do so, or accelerate extra hard next to me from a red light.
No way am I ever going to street race any of these idiots......anyone else having this happen to them?
Congrat's on the new car. Really sounds cool..You are smart to take it easy here in our state (Wash). There are so many marked and unmarked law enforcement vehicles that you will get caught sooner or later if you are driving aggressivly. I drove through Spokane a couple weeks ago and spoted numerous unmarked officers in just one trip through the area. I love my mustang but I know they will throw the key away if they catch me goofing off.

Retired Law Enforcement

Scotty in Seattle
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
in 01 i bought a newedge v6 coupe with the boat anchor 3.8 and everyone still had to come up and want to challenge.i thinks its just that great pony emblem that gets the rest of the corral all stirred up.still have that 01 pony and it still has a 3.8 but with some help from comp cam,gears and a BUNCH of other goodies added i don't mind em commin up so much anymore.its just the price we pay of owning things that others envy and when they see the pony then its ON! lol!
newedge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty 1 View Post
Congrat's on the new car. Really sounds cool..You are smart to take it easy here in our state (Wash). There are so many marked and unmarked law enforcement vehicles that you will get caught sooner or later if you are driving aggressivly. I drove through Spokane a couple weeks ago and spoted numerous unmarked officers in just one trip through the area. I love my mustang but I know they will throw the key away if they catch me goofing off.

Retired Law Enforcement

Scotty in Seattle
Retired 5oh here too........I know that it is NOT just a speeding ticket for matching speeds is it? Reckless or at the very least 1st degree negligent driving (aren't there two degrees for that now?)
The real fun is always to be had on onramps where you can accelerate HARD to 10 or 15 mph over and merge safely.......fun!
Old 06-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It happens to all of us

I get the guy with a Challenger or a Jap car with a fart can among others that think I want to street race them. I think it is just because of being a Mustang.
My car is a V6 automatic but it does look like it would be race-able to someone that does not know.
I may give it a shot going onto I-95 if they are in front of or behind me and they get on their car. ( NOT RACING BUT MERGING)
Never ever at a stop light.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Retired 5oh here too........I know that it is NOT just a speeding ticket for matching speeds is it? Reckless or at the very least 1st degree negligent driving (aren't there two degrees for that now?)
The real fun is always to be had on onramps where you can accelerate HARD to 10 or 15 mph over and merge safely.......fun!
Whats even more fun are the 2 lane circle onramps.... EVERYONE takes the inside, so i go outside. Only one person has ever had the kahunas to try and not let me by. And i don't even really go that fast around them. Feels normal to me since the car handles very well and i'm strapped in with a nice harness. Probably looks like i'm crazy to them though.

HID end all thread
Old 06-27-2015, 04:42 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Welcome to the life of owning a performance car. Everyone wants to race you. Just don't let it bother you.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

OK........the wierdest guy so far to rev me was a early 80's Camaro bolted on a shortened 4 X 4 chassis lifted about two feet in the air........revved his engine and waved at me as we drove by today in Chewelah, WA..............should have taken a pic of that one...........
Old 06-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post

Rollin' in my 5.0

We live in rice capital of the world....
Old 06-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

we gotta quit puttin racin stripes on these darn mustangs we own and maybe this crap will end1
Old 06-27-2015, 09:14 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by newedge01 View Post
we gotta quit puttin racin stripes on these darn mustangs we own and maybe this crap will end1
But......that is why we bought a nice, understated dark green one with no stripes....maybe it's the

GT

on the back?
Old 06-28-2015, 12:00 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Put lighting bolts on it. Then everyone will know it's fast and won't rev on you trying to get you to race or get on it to find out.

"Is it fast?"
"It's got lighting bolts on it doesn't it"
(If anyone has seen or remembers the commercial)

Old 06-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Or just flick them off. It usually gets the point across.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

that settles it,i'm taking the pony off the fender and putting a KIA emblem on it instead.maybe this will keep them off my bumper.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
My wife got the plate DUSTNU and yeah, that happens, thing is, she drives like its a KIA.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

Well, I am in the second week of ownership and yes, it does keep happening. Funny thing is the other vehicle is almost something that would be as slow as a brick in a real drag race:

Pickup trucks with 8 inch lifts and 38 inch mudders....especailly diesels for some reason (????) And don't you just love the smell of them rolling coal when you have the top down??

80's Toyota pickups

Primered fart can equipped 90's Honda Civics

It's just wierd when they see the GT what it turns them into........I HAVE TO GET IN FRONT OF THAT MUSTANG!!! I HAVE TO LET HIM HEAR MY IMPRESSIVE EXHAUST TONE!!!! I AM KING OF THE STOPLIGHT GRAN PRIX!!!!

I still have not figured out............why?
Old 07-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Jealousy mostly.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Hey, you just need to take it as a huge complement. They like your car.

I am sure if you were driving a Honda Civic with the big old fart can, or that Subaru WRX that I see zipping in and out of cars, you would not get a guy in a Mustang GT pulling up and revving the challenge, then putting the pedal to the metal from a stoplight.

Ya... it even happens to us guys with the S197 5.0s. I kinda just laugh now, but I was just like you when I first got my car. Kinda (just a little bit ) irritated me, and I really wanted to just put my pedal down and let the rubber fly. But for me, I just keep reminding myself it would be an immediate ticket. That is just the kind of luck I tend to have. Typically just after the idiots go off, a local Johnny Law pops out of no where. Officers of the law tend to be everywhere. I have seen a few of these revving idiots get a visit from our friends with the flashing lights. I just laugh . But I do know that even the tamest 5.0 GT Mustang exhaust, let alone my Roush AB with Boss Quad pipes would be like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

I think it says a lot more to just go on doing what you normally do when street racers are not there. Who is the smarter driver?

Congrats on the new ride!
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I am in the second week of ownership and yes, it does keep happening. Funny thing is the other vehicle is almost something that would be as slow as a brick in a real drag race:

Pickup trucks with 8 inch lifts and 38 inch mudders....especailly diesels for some reason (????) And don't you just love the smell of them rolling coal when you have the top down??

80's Toyota pickups

Primered fart can equipped 90's Honda Civics

It's just wierd when they see the GT what it turns them into........I HAVE TO GET IN FRONT OF THAT MUSTANG!!! I HAVE TO LET HIM HEAR MY IMPRESSIVE EXHAUST TONE!!!! I AM KING OF THE STOPLIGHT GRAN PRIX!!!!

I still have not figured out............why?
Some of those people are just being terds, but, probably, some of them actually want to have a try at you Guard.
If you don't want to play, just ignore them... They'll go away.

And you can't underestimate some vehicles based upon them appearing to be "slow as a brick". I used to autocross with a guy who has an 80's Toyota truck. I would consistently get beat by him... Until I started using race tires.
As far as the diesel truck owners go, there is probably an abnormally high amount of NASCAR fans in that particular demographic, but I'll bet that there is more than one diesel truck, on mud tires, in your area, that will put bus lengths on your Mustang. Those goofballs are ALWAYS going to try. Lol
The Hondas? Like the trucks, most are going to be painfully slow, but there are some that are legitimately well sorted cars that were built with the sole purpose of beating guys who thought that the car didn't look fast.

You'll grow accustomed to the attention Guard. Maybe, someday, even appreciate it.
After all, everyone is just giving you a compliment on your car... In their own "unique" way.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Hey guys........thanks for all the responses. I am only very slightly irritated by these other driver's behaviors......I am smiling about it even more and realizing that they recognize the potential of our cars. I guess in a way it is a sign of respect.
There is however a two block tunnel on the way downtown, that I shift into "S", hold second gear and run the car up to 5,000 rpm inside the tunnel.............ummmm --- quickly -- then hit the brakes a bit coming out the other side............I think that the new GT has one of the best sounding stock exhausts I've ever heard.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT