Bama tune for 15 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Bama tune for 15 5.0

So I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get the Bama tune for my 2015 manual GT. I have done research on how is affects the warranty and I know you are basically rolling the dice when it comes to that. I do have a few questions though when uit comes to reliability...

1. I know there was a big issue with the failure of Cylinder 8, has that been resolved? Is there still an issue with cylinder 8 or has Bama just revised their tune so it wouldn't affect it?

2. Does Bama back their product in case something does fail? Being that the motor is slightly different in the 2015 and they had to revise their maps, I am kind of worried that not enough data has been gathered to determine if it is safe. Like if something were to happen to my engine and Ford refused to cover it because of the Tune, would Bama step up?

3. I have't seen much or anything on this specific Forum about the 2015 Gt tuning in general. I would really appreciate if other shared their experience with Bama (or any tune) with the new 15.

Like I said, I am basically at the point where I'm gonna pull the trigger and do it, I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision, as my car is brand new, I have a brand new warranty on it and plan on keeping it for a very long time. Reliability is the most important thing to me, but if the tune us just as reliable as leaving it stock then sure, I'll spend a ew hundred bucks and grab a free 20-30 horsepower.

Thanks in advance!
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
No tuner is going to replace your motor and they shouldn't, it was your choice to tune, so you have to deal with the consequences if there were any
Chances are nothing is going to happen with your motor, but there is always that chance. All the top tuners have had failed engines. It's just part of the game
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

So nobody on here with any feedback?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
as far as i know bama has fixed that issue they had with the #8 cylinder a couple years ago. Bama has some type of warranty which includes the #8 cylinder but i'm not sure how extensive it is when it comes to resolving a major issue like blowing an engine and i know they would not cover you if you are racing. if you are that worried about your warranty i wouldn't bother doing anything to the car until the warranty is up or close to it if i were you.

If you are that dead set on getting a tune i would go to a more reputable tuner like Lund or AED, or if there is a tuner local to you that specializes in tuning mustangs, you could try them as well. Bama's tunes are not the best despite what you may have heard, and i'm speaking from experience, i had a bama tune for a year and ended up getting a proper dyno tune done after some issues i had with the tune. Just remember you are always taking a chance when it comes to tuning and **** happens.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_pro View Post
So nobody on here with any feedback?
What kind of feedback do you want?

OK Bama is great best tuner out there you will be a 100% safe. Happy?

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
What kind of feedback do you want?

OK Bama is great best tuner out there you will be a 100% safe. Happy?

lol good feedback
Old 06-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #7
doyouevenforum

If you're worried about warranty keep it stock. Simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-29-2015, 11:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Keep it stock of your worried. Besides, I don't believe you are going to gain 30hp from your tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
So I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get the Bama tune for my 2015 manual GT. I have done research on how is affects the warranty and I know you are basically rolling the dice when it comes to that. I do have a few questions though when uit comes to reliability...

1. I know there was a big issue with the failure of Cylinder 8, has that been resolved? Is there still an issue with cylinder 8 or has Bama just revised their tune so it wouldn't affect it?

2. Does Bama back their product in case something does fail? Being that the motor is slightly different in the 2015 and they had to revise their maps, I am kind of worried that not enough data has been gathered to determine if it is safe. Like if something were to happen to my engine and Ford refused to cover it because of the Tune, would Bama step up?

3. I have't seen much or anything on this specific Forum about the 2015 Gt tuning in general. I would really appreciate if other shared their experience with Bama (or any tune) with the new 15.

Like I said, I am basically at the point where I'm gonna pull the trigger and do it, I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision, as my car is brand new, I have a brand new warranty on it and plan on keeping it for a very long time. Reliability is the most important thing to me, but if the tune us just as reliable as leaving it stock then sure, I'll spend a ew hundred bucks and grab a free 20-30 horsepower.

Thanks in advance!
Hey Tennis,

You've brought up some great points and I'll answer your questions one by one.

1. The cylinder 8 issue is definitely a thing of the past. There was a problem with the 2011 motors in which cylinder 8 was more likely to fail but that was definitely not just in Bama tunes, there were issues across the board, although Bama was one of the only ones in the space to offer a warranty against it!

2. Bama definitely has the 2015 tuning game under wraps and they do back all of their tunes! You can't go wrong.

Check out this breakdown of the brand new V2 tunes:

3. The Bama team definitely knows how to pick up some power in these new S550's while keeping the drive-ability perfect!

Check out this video showing the gains with just an intake and tune.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

P.S- Feel free to PM me for a killer deal!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Lund or AED /End thread
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2015 gt with jlt cai, sct 93 octane tune. 7000 miles on tune no problems at all. 7500 miles on car. go for it. it really wakes it up, comes alive and actually runs smoother
rickb9ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Build a relationship with a Ford service advisor/mgr. It goes a long way.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'm with rap on this... Bama is okay if your adding off road mid pipes etc... But when it comes to modding the car you throw the warranty out the window... It's the price to pay to be faster/ quicker, or whatever come pared to the next guy... And to be honest unless your really changing cams or adding boost, or nitrous... Bama won't help much anyway. But there service does come with the tuner so like me I used it on my stock setup just for mill deletes etc... Just realize what it is and how to use it... Don't expect to get a race car after a bama tune no pun intended

Sent from the back seat
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

As a side note they do throw in a nice metal name plate... Mines been in my glove box since I opened my sct box 😝

Sent from the back seat
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey Tennis,

You've brought up some great points and I'll answer your questions one by one.

1. The cylinder 8 issue is definitely a thing of the past. There was a problem with the 2011 motors in which cylinder 8 was more likely to fail but that was definitely not just in Bama tunes, there were issues across the board, although Bama was one of the only ones in the space to offer a warranty against it!

2. Bama definitely has the 2015 tuning game under wraps and they do back all of their tunes! You can't go wrong.

Check out this breakdown of the brand new V2 tunes:

3. The Bama team definitely knows how to pick up some power in these new S550's while keeping the drive-ability perfect!

Check out this video showing the gains with just an intake and tune.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

P.S- Feel free to PM me for a killer deal!

-Will
Hey will I just tried to email you but it said your email was full...
Old 06-29-2015, 06:28 PM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Hey will I just tried to email you but it said your email was full...
Wow! Sorry about that man, I will take a look and weed out my inbox! Time for some house cleaning!

In the meantime, shoot me a personal email at william(dot)levantovsky(@)americanmuscle(dot)com and I'll get you taken care of!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 06-30-2015, 09:31 AM   #17
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Got your email man!

I'll make sure you're 100% taken care of!

If anyone needs anything, feel free to let me know!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-01-2015, 01:08 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Not only do you sound like an *******, which doesn't surprise me, but AMWill proved you wrong. Genuine feedback is appreciated. Your ****ty response is not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
iaintacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaintacop View Post
Not only do you sound like an *******, which doesn't surprise me, but AMWill proved you wrong. Genuine feedback is appreciated. Your ****ty response is not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
what??
Old 07-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #20

Region: Mississippi
I have a BAMA tune, jlt intake, resonator delete h-pipe. And the tune is spot on! Plus lifetime tunes is a huge plus! BAMA has their act together. I recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Previous Cars:
2013 Focus ST, 2009 Shelby GT500, 2007 Mustang GT, 2004 Cobra, 1998 Cobra, 1995 Cobra, 1990 Mustang LX 5.0, 1988 Mustang GT, 1986 Mustang GT
mustang_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Just an update...

I gogt the Bama tune an d used the 93 performance map they made for me and it is great. I can deinitely feel the difference and am getting a couple mpg more! Very happy I decided to do this.

One small question however. I only have 800 miles on my car, that isn't too soon to tune it, is it? I igured the motor is broken in by now but I just want to make sure there isn't a certain amount of time you should wait beore tuning.

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Got your email man!

I'll make sure you're 100% taken care of!

If anyone needs anything, feel free to let me know!

-Will
Hey Will I have emailed you a few times and have not heard back...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT