New exhaust ordered!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm something else? Its pretty self explanatory what the last sentence says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
The last sentence is referring to the party that gives the warranty...man you are something else...

Example...you buy an extended warranty from the ford dealer. The dealer has to comply with the warranty claim.

Example...you use your powertrain warranty from ford. Ford has to comply with that warranty claim...but the dealer is a third party and has nothing to do with fords warranty. They do not have to complete the claim. Ford however...must find someone to do the warranty work, but dealers are not obligated to service anything unless they are the provider of the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
randyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 05:57 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Dude it's common sense. Ford does not own every dealership in America. Why do you think they own the right to tell them they have to service any ford issue that comes to their shop. They should service any ford issue, but the don't have to and there have been several people on here giving you examples of that being the case. It's sad that you worked on these type of cases without understanding common sense business practice. Which would include the right to refuse service.

Exactly, it is a dealership issue and not Fords. Fords legal team puts together the warranty as explained to you when you buy. But the dealership is the one who is going to service the warranty. Not Ford Corp.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:03 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I'm fone trying to explain the simplicities of a warranty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

You honestly don't think its a Ford warranty? You think its a dealer warranty? Please, stop trying to educate us... its not working. Why do you dismiss the law?

Never mind, please don't answer........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GRUMPY_GT View Post
Exactly, it is a dealership issue and not Fords. Fords legal team puts together the warranty as explained to you when you buy. But the dealership is the one who is going to service the warranty. Not Ford Corp.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyGT View Post
You honestly don't think its a Ford warranty? You think its a dealer warranty? Please, stop trying to educate us... its not working. Why do you dismiss the law?

Never mind, please don't answer........
Can you comprehend what you read? I nor anyone on this thread said what you wrote. It is a warranty put together by Ford's legal team. The dealership follows and abides by the terms of said warranty. But the dealer's service dept can void a warranty just as much as repair under the warranty terms. Plain and simple for the 3rd time. You can file a complaint to Fords complaint line but it is just that, a complaint. Go research the complaints that were filed with Ford when spark plug thread count was 4 instead of 8 in New Edge 99-04 and see if Ford stepped in and did anything about the warranty claims. There are thousands of them asking for a recall. Nothing was done and buyer had to pay out of pocket to fix. Why, because the service dept said it was not their problem. You can read off Magnuson law all you want. But it is not going to help you one ioda. But instead how about, and I assume since you are writing in this thread that you have a 2015 stang, if not why you rven involved? If you do have one read your warrantee as I mentioned page 4 subsection 3. Or read the whole damn thing. You may learn something instead of the past years warrantees. The warranty written in 1987 is not the same as 2015. Enough said and this has gone on too long with your so called knowledge of the 2015 warranty.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:12 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
A dealership can refuse to work on a car, but they can't void a warranty. Only FMC can void it. If FMC doesn't void your warranty, a dealer can still chosen it to work on it. Which is what is happened to people as described in this thread.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:09 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Very well stated, thank you. Though I can't imagine a dealer refusing to work on a car that Ford backs or approves the warranty work.....

Quote:
A dealership can refuse to work on a car, but they can't void a warranty. Only FMC can void it. If FMC doesn't void your warranty, a dealer can still chosen it to work on it. Which is what is happened to people as described in this thread.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
True, as far as your statement goes......but who do you think makes the recommendation to FMC to void the warranty? The dealer does that......FMC is not the one looking under your hood or underneath your car.....
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:58 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
True, as far as your statement goes......but who do you think makes the recommendation to FMC to void the warranty? The dealer does that......FMC is not the one looking under your hood or underneath your car.....

Both...sometimes dealers make the recommendation to approve it or not approve work, and other times ford will deny it even when dealers recommend approving. The dealers are usually considered the eyes and ears for ford though. I've seen paint issues get shot down even with dealer backing. Other times ford will send out one of their guys to take a look before denying a claim.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:03 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyGT View Post
Very well stated, thank you. Though I can't imagine a dealer refusing to work on a car that Ford backs or approves the warranty work.....

I think two instances were mentioned in this thread already about dealers refusing work even with ford approval. Warranty work isn't worth the hassle to some dealers if it's going to be a tough job or if they risk having to repeat the job over and over to get it right. Ford doesn't pay them a whole lot for warrant labor.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Let's all be honest here...there isn't a single person in this thread that actually knows what the hell actually happens between dealers and ford, so let's all just shut the f-up and talk about threads like "best exhaust" and "CAI worth it?" Ect...

Old 08-02-2015, 05:47 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
;Popcorn;
This thread makes me chuckle, its a cat back exhaust, I could understand if this discussion this was over a tune with long tube headers and an offroad X pipe, but its just a cat back lol. Op you shouldn't worry.

These types of "discussions" have been cover countless times.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:10 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GRUMPY_GT View Post
Dealer service dept look for that stampings. One of my club members took his 15 gt in for scheduled service and the tech seen the non required exhaust and stamped his paperwork as voided warranty on the exhaust because he had flowmasters on it. Makes no sense to me. I told him to go back and fight it but it was lost battle. That is when I read my warranty.

They cannot void a cars entire exhaust warranty because someone changed ABs, only if for some impossible situation that they prove the ABs somehow caused another part of the exhaust to fail can they void that failing part.

And if a dealer ever tries something like this you should quickly find another dealer, if not any time you bring your car in your going to have problems with this kind of mentally, (I had one, my local Mazda dealer) swapped dealers, never a problem after that.
Imagine these types of headaches every time you brought your car in for servicing...

"Oh sir, your one mile over you scheduled maintenance, I'm going to have to void your entire warranty"

"Our records tell us that you hit the rev limiter, sorry that's abusing the car and voids your warranty, its in the warranty section of your invoice" lol.

RUNAWAY!!!!

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust