New exhaust ordered!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
New exhaust ordered!!

Well, I pulled the trigger on the Borla Atak catback today. It seemed to have the most muscle car sound of any I listened to. Hopefully it's here by the weekend so I can put it on while installing my lowering springs that arrived today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
medusasdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Nice! Keep us posted!
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I almost ordered that one but got the Corsa Extreme for $1175 shipped. It should be here today. Both sound good in videos.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly! I got the Atak for 1k. Couldn't pass it up!!

medusasdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If you like loud you will be happy, have it on mine. Still nice on highway no drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2015 GT Premium Triple Yellow
Niche Essen Staggered
JLT with tune
Borla ATAk cat back
Mstablein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusasdelta View Post
Exactly! I got the Atak for 1k. Couldn't pass it up!!

Where did you order it to get that price?

cboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Did you read your warranty package yet. It states that if upgrades are performed that it must be a product of FRPP or Roush products. If any other product is used then it can or will void the warranty on that particular portion of warranty. Just my 2 cents. exhaust by FRPP is made by Borla as we all know. But regardless it is a Borla product it has to say FRPP on mufflers and tips. Dealer service dept look for that stampings. One of my club members took his 15 gt in for scheduled service and the tech seen the non required exhaust and stamped his paperwork as voided warranty on the exhaust because he had flowmasters on it. Makes no sense to me. I told him to go back and fight it but it was lost battle. That is when I read my warranty.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Why would Ford cover your aftermarket parts, they will still cover the oem parts.

Niche Essen Staggered
JLT with tune
Borla ATAk cat back
Mstablein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Don't understand your question.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you change a part to aftermarket part obviously your warranty for that part shifts to that part manufacture. That's not hard to understand, right?

2015 Mustang GT premium
Magnetic grey 5.0
randyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyGT View Post
If you change a part to aftermarket part obviously your warranty for that part shifts to that part manufacture. That's not hard to understand, right?

2015 Mustang GT premium
Magnetic grey 5.0
Its not the aftermarket part warranty that is of concern. If something where to occur to engine or anything related by afternarket part other than FRPP or Roush parts, warranty on car is voided of drivetrain/engine. Aftermarket parts are warranteed for that part they sold you, nothing else. So which is more important, vehicle warranty or aftermarket part replacement warranty. It's a no brainer. FRPP and Roush parts are the only parts that can be used and have failure and still have your car warranty non effected.

If you drill cut splice anything in interior, warranty voided. I opted for 10yr 100,000 ext warranty.so until they come out with a plug and play dash unit for stereo upgrade, I have to stick with what the car is equipped with or run a secondary stereo system. Which only requires me to ground the unit and power the unit. Which is what I am in the process of with my ordered seat delete kit.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
But your saying that an aftermarket plug and play console will be fine because you didn't splice anything yet you already know that anything aftermarket on drivetrain voids warranty if they can prove the part is at fault.
Why would you feel interior would be any different then power train warranty?
Hmmmmmmm

BLKBETTY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thats not all completely correct. Most aftermarket parts (of course there are exceptions) warranty the part and if it fails, damage caused by that part. Your choice of oil for example, if you use a (certified) oil other than ford/motorcraft oil, and your engine blows and you discover that the aftermarket oil is the cause, that oil company will repair or replace the effected parts. This is regardless of the aftermarket standard warrant that they tell you. Case law prevails. Yes you may or probably will have to go to court to prove your case... but that's true sometimes even when Ford decides your part is not under their standard warrant because they think you drove your car improperly... Just my opinions of course.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
New exhaust ordered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GRUMPY_GT View Post
Did you read your warranty package yet. It states that if upgrades are performed that it must be a product of FRPP or Roush products. If any other product is used then it can or will void the warranty on that particular portion of warranty. Just my 2 cents. exhaust by FRPP is made by Borla as we all know. But regardless it is a Borla product it has to say FRPP on mufflers and tips. Dealer service dept look for that stampings. One of my club members took his 15 gt in for scheduled service and the tech seen the non required exhaust and stamped his paperwork as voided warranty on the exhaust because he had flowmasters on it. Makes no sense to me. I told him to go back and fight it but it was lost battle. That is when I read my warranty.

Not true. I was told by Ford any aftermarket part frpp or roush or any other can void the warranty if they trace the problem back to that part. It also depends on how mod friendly your dealer is. This is why I keep my stock parts until warranty is up.

Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #15

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_GRUMPY_GT View Post

This is completely incorrect the dealership can not void any warranty. The warranty is through ford motor company not the dealership, if I was your friend I would be contacting a Ford CSM and let them get in touch with dealership so stupid stuff like this doesn't happen to other people. Dealerships just do warranty work that is approved or deny by ford. Simply installing an aftermarket part does not void warranty the dealership or ford will have to prove that the issue was caused or a part failed due to the installed after market part. Read up on Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act it gives all the info you need for issues like this. It is a federal act so there is no questioning by the dealerships which over rules.

Something similar happened on another forum with a member who painted there calipers and a stealership refused to do a TSB for brake sequel due to the painted calipers. Needless to say once a Ford CSM got involved his pads and rotors were quickly changed. Dealerships sometimes get big head that they make these cars all they are is extensions for service from Ford nothing more. They have no right to deny anything done to our cars without cause and facts.
Iceman2733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2733 View Post
This is completely incorrect the dealership can not void any warranty. The warranty is through ford motor company not the dealership, if I was your friend I would be contacting a Ford CSM and let them get in touch with dealership so stupid stuff like this doesn't happen to other people. Dealerships just do warranty work that is approved or deny by ford. Simply installing an aftermarket part does not void warranty the dealership or ford will have to prove that the issue was caused or a part failed due to the installed after market part. Read up on Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act it gives all the info you need for issues like this. It is a federal act so there is no questioning by the dealerships which over rules.

Something similar happened on another forum with a member who painted there calipers and a stealership refused to do a TSB for brake sequel due to the painted calipers. Needless to say once a Ford CSM got involved his pads and rotors were quickly changed. Dealerships sometimes get big head that they make these cars all they are is extensions for service from Ford nothing more. They have no right to deny anything done to our cars without cause and facts.

Let me stop you right there. He is not wrong about that. Any dealership has the right to refuse warranty repair. I have spoken to ford corporate, all corporate will do is help you find another dealer who will help you. It has happened to me I have complained and fought the good fight only to find out the truth.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #17

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Let me stop you right there. He is not wrong about that. Any dealership has the right to refuse warranty repair. I have spoken to ford corporate, all corporate will do is help you find another dealer who will help you. It has happened to me I have complained and fought the good fight only to find out the truth.

OK let me ask you how can they just refuse warranty work with no grounds??? Just to refuse the work? I was told by a ford CSM that all warranty work is submitted to ford for approval or denial. They can try to deny whatever they want but my point is the warranty of the vehicle has nothing to do with the dealership. The warranty is honored by ford motor company not the dealership, this is my point. Magnusson act specifically covers this as to what they can and can not deny I won't argue about this anymore just tell people to do there reading and become informed on what rights we do have with warranty.
Iceman2733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

This is one of reasons why I'll never buy a new car.

Pick your poison.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2733 View Post
OK let me ask you how can they just refuse warranty work with no grounds??? Just to refuse the work? I was told by a ford CSM that all warranty work is submitted to ford for approval or denial. They can try to deny whatever they want but my point is the warranty of the vehicle has nothing to do with the dealership. The warranty is honored by ford motor company not the dealership, this is my point. Magnusson act specifically covers this as to what they can and can not deny I won't argue about this anymore just tell people to do there reading and become informed on what rights we do have with warranty.
A service dept works on behalf of ford Corp. That being said tech and service managers do have the right to deny service or replacement due to determined fault caused by a tune, aftermarket parts and or improper use of vehicle. ford corp only gets involved with complaint process due to dealer refusal. Sometimes they will send a rep down to verify the tech findings. But in most cases Ford Corp will not get involved when it comes to these matters. Like I have said before, service dept will only allow FRPP or Roush parts installed without warranty issues.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

OK to make it very simple I had paint problems on my '14 as many people have. Went to dealer number one and they got approval from ford to make the repairs but the dealer said they no longer wished to work on my car.

I freaked out on them and called the regional person from ford and she said they have every right to do so as the dealership is not owned by Ford and Ford a cannot make them do anything. She helped me get in touch with dealer number 2

Talked to dealer 2 and had to redo the entire process and wait for approval again. Took approximately 5 months to get it all worked out.

The I asked the Ford rep what if every dealer told me know and she said we would have to cross that bridge if it got to that.....

Soo yes the dealer can refuse to do warranty work as it is privately owned. Remember the dealer buys the cars from ford then sells them your not getting something directly from ford...

Old 07-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

New exhaust ordered!!

[QUOTE Like I have said before, service dept will only allow FRPP or Roush parts installed without warranty issues.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app[/QUOTE]

That depends on the dealer.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post

Let me stop you right there, that is incorrect. As part of the Ford franchise system the dealer can explain to you that they feel the problem won't be warrantied but the end game is decided by Ford not the dealer. Ford pays the dealer for their time and parts. If you convince Ford to fix something you can choose any ford dealer you want. Don't let the first customer service person you talk to make you believe something just so you go away. Plus any and all voided warranty claims ultimately have to be attributed to your aftermarket parts. That doesn't mean you won't have to fight them.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Let me stop you right there, that is incorrect. As part of the Ford franchise system the dealer can explain to you that they feel the problem won't be warrantied but the end game is decided by Ford not the dealer. Ford pays the dealer for their time and parts. If you convince Ford to fix something you can choose any ford dealer you want. Don't let the first customer service person you talk to make you believe something just so you go away. Plus any and all voided warranty claims ultimately have to be attributed to your aftermarket parts. That doesn't mean you won't have to fight them.

LOL OK I'm done arguing because it's not going to change what you obviously believe.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, I'm pretty open minded but as a private detective I have investigated about 20 dealerships for various issues over the years, and as a retired policeman working auto crimes for part of my time I also investigated a number of dealerships and involving manufactures which required me to understand a few of the rules. However I'm open to changes to the rules as I don't work these cases much anymore....... I do require a few facts before I change what I think I know...haha But no argument from me, you know what you know and I know what I know... That's ok though because neither of us don't know what we don't know. What I don't understand is why you think you know what I know? Wow that's a mouth full...haha

Its all good. We just put our opinions out here and folks can digest it how they want. I should not have started out my original comment with "Let me stop you right there" and for that I apologize.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:06 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Oh, I'm pretty open minded but as a private detective I have investigated about 20 dealerships for various issues over the years, and as a retired policeman working auto crimes for part of my time I also investigated a number of dealerships and involving manufactures which required me to understand a few of the rules. However I'm open to changes to the rules as I don't work these cases much anymore....... I do require a few facts before I change what I think I know...haha But no argument from me, you know what you know and I know what I know... That's ok though because neither of us don't know what we don't know. What I don't understand is why you think you know what I know? Wow that's a mouth full...haha

Its all good. We just put our opinions out here and folks can digest it how they want. I should not have started out my original comment with "Let me stop you right there" and for that I apologize.

You are in fact incorrect as much as you possibly could be incorrect. Dealers are privately owned and they usually have agreements to service ford vehicles for warranty work but just like any other business, they have the right to refuse service for any reason not protected by law. If a dealer feels like the customer will be unhappy no matter what the outcome, or they'll be a massive headache to them, they'll turn them away. Sure it's bad business, but they have the right to refuse service. It doesn't matter what ford tells them...at the end of the day, ford has nothing to do with the that decision.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Can't we all just agree dealerships are stupid. And leave it at that.

Pick your poison.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

OMG, youv's lost it..! Good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
You are in fact incorrect as much as you possibly could be incorrect. Dealers are privately owned and they usually have agreements to service ford vehicles for warranty work but just like any other business, they have the right to refuse service for any reason not protected by law. If a dealer feels like the customer will be unhappy no matter what the outcome, or they'll be a massive headache to them, they'll turn them away. Sure it's bad business, but they have the right to refuse service. It doesn't matter what ford tells them...at the end of the day, ford has nothing to do with the that decision.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

If you need proof that the dealership determines if coverage is valid or voided due to aftermarket part even an aftermarket part that Ford dealership installed themselves after it left the Ford plant look on page 4 subsection 3 2015 limited warranty coverage due to aftermarket parts. The dealership do not own the car and trucks on their lots, they are financed through Ford Financial at a nearly zero rate. So if Ford dealership installs a aftermarket part based on your demand it is no different than you installing it. The risk is the same for warranty coverage. The longer the vehicles stay on a lot the more money they lose due to payments made by dealer on each auto. That is why you see sales after sales come mid year so they can make room for next years models.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Who are you talking to?
Old 07-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

You

Old 07-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Why are you aggravated about this? Read the Ford franchise agreement, all your believes will either be confirmed or you will be educated. I think we have wasted enough of the groups time on this.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I'm throwing this in from the Federal FTC Rules of the United States Government. (this is a cut and paste from Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance | Consumer Information : Pay close attention to the last sentence.

Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?
No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. The manufacturer or dealer can, however, require consumers to use select parts if those parts are provided to consumers free of charge under the warranty.

Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:29 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:
OMG, youv's lost it..! Good luck with that.

Dude it's common sense. Ford does not own every dealership in America. Why do you think they own the right to tell them they have to service any ford issue that comes to their shop. They should service any ford issue, but the don't have to and there have been several people on here giving you examples of that being the case. It's sad that you worked on these type of cases without understanding common sense business practice. Which would include the right to refuse service.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:37 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'm throwing this in from the Federal FTC Rules of the United States Government. (this is a cut and paste from Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance | Consumer Information : Pay close attention to the last sentence.

Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?
No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. The manufacturer or dealer can, however, require consumers to use select parts if those parts are provided to consumers free of charge under the warranty.

Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.

The last sentence is referring to the party that gives the warranty...man you are something else...

Example...you buy an extended warranty from the ford dealer. The dealer has to comply with the warranty claim.

Example...you use your powertrain warranty from ford. Ford has to comply with that warranty claim...but the dealer is a third party and has nothing to do with fords warranty. They do not have to complete the claim. Ford however...must find someone to do the warranty work, but dealers are not obligated to service anything unless they are the provider of the warranty.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:07 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstablein View Post
If you like loud you will be happy, have it on mine. Still nice on highway no drone.

Niche Essen Staggered
JLT with tune
Borla ATAk cat back

Do you have any videos of this exhaust setup

Justinsenese is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust