Bama tune review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Bama tune review

Having a Bama tune on my 6 speed Gt for about a month now, I figured I would write a little review.

I love the tune. The power difference is not dramatic, but easily noticeable. I have the Race tune, and can definitely feel the car pulling harder, especially at the higher RPM's like Bama claims.

The throttle response is also more instant, which is great because it really makes you feel more in control of the car and enhances the experience of driving a car like a 5.0.

The gas mileage has increased by about a gallon, even on the most aggressive 93 tune which is the race tune. I was averaging about 14 driving aggressively all city driving before, now I am getting about 15.

The car idles very smoothly, and drives just as smooth as stock.

Overall, a great experience with absolutely no downsides from Bama.

I just want to thank the guys at American Muscle and Bama for their dedication.
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #2

Region: Iowa
I have the 93 tune in mine currently and love it. Tried a couple others prior and this one by far exceeds in every way. I also have a race tune (not the 93 tune) based on the 100 octane race gas i'm planning on using.
whatsup62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Much appreciated review!

From a 2012 v6 auto to a 2015 GT manual
Golden_Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the review! I have a 2015 GT and thinking of also getting the Bama tuner. One question - when you load a tune does it become the default driving mode? Just wondering how loading a tune affects the other driving modes (Sport, Track, Snow/Wet).

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Blue302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue302 View Post
Thanks for the review! I have a 2015 GT and thinking of also getting the Bama tuner. One question - when you load a tune does it become the default driving mode? Just wondering how loading a tune affects the other driving modes (Sport, Track, Snow/Wet).

Good question!
dblhelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
The modes can still be set just like with the stock tune and you can still flip through them. A tune is loaded via a tuner through the OBD2 port and adjusts things like fuel tables, shift points, etc that you cannot change on the car when you buy it.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
The modes can still be set just like with the stock tune and you can still flip through them. A tune is loaded via a tuner through the OBD2 port and adjusts things like fuel tables, shift points, etc that you cannot change on the car when you buy it.

Thanks Starz!

Blue302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Kind of funny how they get bashed about their tunes on other forums. Thanks for your positive input. I'd really like to see some track times before and after to gauge their WOT tuning.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
Kind of funny how they get bashed about their tunes on other forums. Thanks for your positive input. I'd really like to see some track times before and after to gauge their WOT tuning.
Oh they get bashed here plenty too
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #10
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_pro View Post
Having a Bama tune on my 6 speed Gt for about a month now, I figured I would write a little review.

I love the tune. The power difference is not dramatic, but easily noticeable. I have the Race tune, and can definitely feel the car pulling harder, especially at the higher RPM's like Bama claims.

The throttle response is also more instant, which is great because it really makes you feel more in control of the car and enhances the experience of driving a car like a 5.0.

The gas mileage has increased by about a gallon, even on the most aggressive 93 tune which is the race tune. I was averaging about 14 driving aggressively all city driving before, now I am getting about 15.

The car idles very smoothly, and drives just as smooth as stock.

Overall, a great experience with absolutely no downsides from Bama.

I just want to thank the guys at American Muscle and Bama for their dedication.

Hey man - I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your Bama tune as much as I do

Keep me in the loop if there's anything I can help out with as always and have a great weekend.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Oh they get bashed here plenty too
Yep. They are good tunes for someone who is just doing bolt ons and wants a performance bump and "set it and forget it" and there is no problem with that. I'd say for 90% of ppl that's all they need.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:20 AM   #12
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Blue - You're literally right around the corner from us, that's awesome!

Looks like Starz got you some help here but from what I understand and you may want to double check with Bama directly on this is but their tunes do not change the driving modes, but they would change the standard settings and the other modes would essentially layer on top. The setting they'll put in for spark, timing, fuel would stay accounted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Thank you sir!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT