Steeda IRS Support bushings Install (video) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Washington
Steeda IRS Support bushings Install (video)

So, as I'm sure all of us have found out, the IRS is amazing for handling, but in a straight line it will wheel hop like crazy. So I took to the forums to see what can be done, on a relativity light budget, and help rid the car of wheels hop.

My results, of course, brought me over to our boys in blue at Steeda. I picked up their IRS Support bushings, differential bushings, and the subframe braces. Total cost of around $400...Not bad at all!

In this video I go through a detailed install of the IRS support Bushings. The install was surprisingly easy and very straight forward. Everything had great fitment and was very high quality. The hardest part was getting the 2 piece bushing into place, but that was trivialized with a little WD-40.

Total install took about 60mins with me taking my time, filming, and basic hand tools.

2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mods: Bama Tuned SCT X4, MBRP Race Cat-Back Exhaust, AirRaid CAI, Eibach Pro-kit Springs, 3.55 gears, 20" Foundry Wheels, APR Splitter

Seatown Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
So, someone I've been talking to said nothing has remedied his wheel hop. I just bought one and am about to pick it up. How much difference did this kit make? I also noticed BMR has a kit. Thanks.

2015 GT PP ingot silver
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
So, someone I've been talking to said nothing has remedied his wheel hop. I just bought one and am about to pick it up. How much difference did this kit make?
The wheel hop is not a one cure all issue. Different owners have had success with different combinations of parts ... for example, here is SilverS550's case: Steeda’s 2015 Mustang test - “No wheelhop,”

Been on vacation the last week but I had a chance to hit the track last night. Wasn't planning on making any passes but it was dead and the cars that were making passes were hookin' really well so I decided to make a few. Unfortunately I didn't have the laptop with me to log the passes.

First pass I left soft. 2000 RPM and no 2-step. Car hooked and zero wheel spin or hop. Hooked well enough that it bogged a bit off the line.

Second pass. 3000 RPM on the 2-step, no launch control just RPM mode. Car dead hooked. No spin, no hop. Again, hooked well enough to bog the car a bit.

Third pass. 3200 on the 2-step, RPM mode. Again, hooked with no hop and just a bit of spin.....enough to just chirp the tires.

So, that's 6 passes with the Steeda bushing supports, sub frame braces and vertical links and the car is showing ZERO wheel hop. These last 3 were what I was really looking for as the car was hooking and showing no sign of hop at all.
2015 Mustang Suspension | Steeda Autosports | Free Shipping!

Let me know if I can help assist with a package!

Best Regards,

Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT