Now that we have some miles on our 2015's...what mpg are you all seeing? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Now that we have some miles on our 2015's...what mpg are you all seeing?

I am very satisfied with the mpg's that I have been getting on my 2015 GT Premium Convertible A6. Especially so considering it weighs over 2 tons with two passengers aboard.
I am getting 21-22 in town and 25-26 on the highway cruising at 75 mph and using premium fuel. I have noticed the mpg is going up a bit as I near the 5,000 mile mark.
I always change my oil and rotate the tires every 5,000 miles, and plan on putting in either Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1 synthetics at the next oil change.
Has anyone noticed their mpg increase after 5,000 miles and/or using full synthetic?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Average 14 - 15 city

23 highway

Shell 93 every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:00 PM   #3

I just did a 200 mile trip over the weekend, mostly highway 65-70mph. The meter said 24.1 MPG. 92 octane non-ethonal
duhameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboyd View Post
Average 14 - 15 city

23 highway

Shell 93 every time.
I like Shell, but every single Shell station here sold out to another brand.....not a single one in the whole area!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I just did a round trip from Richmond Va to Myrtle Beach Sc. I averaged 25.6 MPG down and 24.3 back (was in a hurry to see the VT/OSU game coming back, so got on it harder). I feel like a few things have happened with increased mileage:

-Car seems to ride smoother
-Better highway MPG but worse city MPG
-Louder, more toned, exhaust
-Shifts evening out
-More rattles at higher speeds and going over bumps
-Hoist points showing on body

Love this car and doubt I'll trade it in until I can afford the Shelby. I constantly get double take looks, thumbs ups and compliments. It's just insanely fun to drive, and the look on my wife's face when I punch it is classic (in a good way).

Have a great remainder of the week, and finish strong... There's cruising to do on Saturday!

VTHokiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:48 AM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiez View Post
I just did a round trip from Richmond Va to Myrtle Beach Sc. I averaged 25.6 MPG down and 24.3 back (was in a hurry to see the VT/OSU game coming back, so got on it harder). I feel like a few things have happened with increased mileage:

-Car seems to ride smoother
-Better highway MPG but worse city MPG
-Louder, more toned, exhaust
-Shifts evening out
-More rattles at higher speeds and going over bumps
-Hoist points showing on body

Love this car and doubt I'll trade it in until I can afford the Shelby. I constantly get double take looks, thumbs ups and compliments. It's just insanely fun to drive, and the look on my wife's face when I punch it is classic (in a good way).

Have a great remainder of the week, and finish strong... There's cruising to do on Saturday!
I am curious as to what you mean about the hoist points showing? How many miles do you have on your car?
Sorry to hear about your quarterback.....the way he hit the turf with that 320 pound guy right on top of him, you could almost hear the collarbone SNAP! The Hokies looked like they were hanging around pretty well up to that point....
Old 09-09-2015, 08:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I am curious as to what you mean about the hoist points showing?

Sorry to hear about your quarterback.....the way he hit the turf with that 320 pound guy right on top of him, you could almost hear the collarbone SNAP! The Hokies looked like they were hanging around pretty well up to that point....

Thanks - we were putting up a fight until he went out, which unfortunately will continue for the next two months! There goes the season... Sigh.

Not sure if hoist point is the right term, but you can see where body components are attached to the chassis by a slight indentation/warp in the body. I tried taking a photo, but I just put a fresh coat of Griot's on, so all you can see is shine!

VTHokiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #8

Region: New Jersey
Getting similar mileage on my guard5.0 as well. Using premium fuel . Do have summer tired on this convertible. If that makes any difference
jdub51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I am very satisfied with the mpg's that I have been getting on my 2015 GT Premium Convertible A6. Especially so considering it weighs over 2 tons with two passengers aboard.
I am getting 21-22 in town and 25-26 on the highway cruising at 75 mph and using premium fuel. I have noticed the mpg is going up a bit as I near the 5,000 mile mark.
I always change my oil and rotate the tires every 5,000 miles, and plan on putting in either Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1 synthetics at the next oil change.
Has anyone noticed their mpg increase after 5,000 miles and/or using full synthetic?
I have about 3900 miles on mine, and am getting 17.5-18.1 combined using the AC. Have 6spd manual, GT Premium, PP.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT