Have you EVER loved a car as much as this one? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Have you EVER loved a car as much as this one?

I've had (quite) a few cars over the years. Some of these I am not particularly proud of -- like the 1974 Mach 1 V6 that couldn't get out of its own way on its BEST day..........but some of the highlights include a 1969 Z28, a 1970 Torino Type N/W 351 Cleveland, C5 and C6, Turbo T-Bird. '79 Pace car with a 302 (gutlesss!), a Miata (the most fun you can have with 168 HP!), a '64 GTO Tri-power, a '69 455/435 HP GTO (NOT Gutless!!), 1977 442, 1997 Cobra with full Maximum Motorsports Road and Track suspension, Saleen Bodywork and Bassani catbacks..............and there has never been another car that I look forward to driving more than our 2015 GT Premium Convertible.
Cruising along at 75 mph, feeling like it's 55 --- effortless. Curvy roads not a challenge at all -- just point it where you want it to go. THE most comfortable seats EVER! 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds and 0 to 100 mph in 10! 25 mpg all day long..........folks, it doesn't get any better than this!
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

And it has the best interior out of all of your previous cars
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
And it has the best interior out of all of your previous cars
Without a doubt! The seats fit me great, and everything I touch feels like quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Sounds like your GT is your paradise.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Sounds like your GT is your paradise.
If not, it's the closest I've found. I do wish that it had navigation, but that's about it.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Oh, trust me you'll know if it is. And from your pervious car list and description of the S550's affect on you, I'd say it is.

Pick your poison.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

I'm sure someone will come out with a replacement unit with navigation.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Dollar for dollar I think anyone would be hard pressed to find another brand new car for cheaper that has everything the 15 GT does. I was reading a jalopnik blog about an old crappy supra the other day. One of the commenters said he hopes the next supra had:
-Around 3500 pounds
-Had more than 350 hp
-Rwd to handle like an M3
-And cost less than 50K

He said this all because "there wasn't another car in that niche"....

Like really? Are people really that dense? Lol

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
Dollar for dollar I think anyone would be hard pressed to find another brand new car for cheaper that has everything the 15 GT does. I was reading a jalopnik blog about an old crappy supra the other day. One of the commenters said he hopes the next supra had:
-Around 3500 pounds
-Had more than 350 hp
-Rwd to handle like an M3
-And cost less than 50K

He said this all because "there wasn't another car in that niche"....

Like really? Are people really that dense? Lol
I read the same article, and thought the same thing afterward. The 2016 lighter Camaro is going to fit the niche as well. The Challenger is still an over 2 ton pig in the corners....but it IS a 707 (!!) HP pig....
Old 09-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I read the same article, and thought the same thing afterward. The 2016 lighter Camaro is going to fit the niche as well. The Challenger is still an over 2 ton pig in the corners....but it IS a 707 (!!) HP pig....
Yeah I'm anxious to see the new alpha platform camaro, but I still wouldn't trade in the S550 on one. And besides the hellcat (and viper), Chrysler doesn't have anything that interest me personally. I think chargers and the challenger are neat, but when my 25 year old Foxbody with a vortech V3 pushing low boost can walk them, so does my interest lol

***resident gun idiot***
Old 09-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

My only gripe is the torque management system. I feel it even with tradition control off. I know a tune will help, and I've heard the JMS pedalmaxx helps with the fly by wire lag feel, but I'm causcious spending the money on it.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Hope Dodge brings back the T/A. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Pick your poison.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:09 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Hope Dodge brings back the T/A. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Side exhausts ahead of the rear tires, and the greatest side stripe of all time....the new one probably won't have tripower though....
Old 09-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
My only gripe is the torque management system. I feel it even with tradition control off. I know a tune will help, and I've heard the JMS pedalmaxx helps with the fly by wire lag feel, but I'm causcious spending the money on it.
It's probably the lawyers getting the programmers back for sneaking the line lock feature past them.............can you BELIEVE a stock car with line lock programmed in from the factory??? I mean, c'mon!!!
Old 09-10-2015, 10:27 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Side exhausts ahead of the rear tires, and the greatest side stripe of all time....the new one probably won't have tripower though....

Mine will have all that.

Pick your poison.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:31 AM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

My favorite would have to be my second car owned; a '75 SD455 Trans Am. It was fast, got me into way too much trouble.
The Mustang ran a very close second though.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:05 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's probably the lawyers getting the programmers back for sneaking the line lock feature past them.............can you BELIEVE a stock car with line lock programmed in from the factory??? I mean, c'mon!!!
Yeah, that's an awesome feature. I've yet to use mine, and not because I'm afraid to but I want to get BMR's cradle lockout kit first.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 09-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
My favorite would have to be my second car owned; a '75 SD455 Trans Am. It was fast, got me into way too much trouble.
That's the same engine block I had in one of my GTO's....435 HP in mine, and it WAS a torque monster. Straight line fun for sure, but braking and cornering? Not so much. Seems I got about 12 mpg too.
I have driven some of those early Trans Ams. Great steering wheel and engine turned dash. And as I remember, the steering feel was pretty quick off center and cornering wasn't half bad.
And sometimes it's important to remember that the Mustang wasn't the only car around with a shaker hood scoop!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Yes, my 03 Cobra.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1441985642.404854.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	190975
Those three. Will be four when the other one is finished.

Pick your poison.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Attachment 190975
Those three. Will be four when the other one is finished.
Mouse or Rat on that beautiful 'ol Chevy?
Old 09-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Mouse.

Pick your poison.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I tell everybody who asks me, about my GT convertible, that I waited 35 years for this car. I was never a Ford guy, but when I started reading about the 2015 I knew this was my next purchase.

I was going to buy the new Corvette, and I am SO glad I didn't. Car And Driver has one for a long term (40,000 miles) test and so far it's been a disaster. Blew the engine, axle replacements etc. I was shocked. Maybe they got a lemon, or GM has quality issues. I don't know.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I had a lot of cars I really loved---BUT--

This is "NOW" and my last three were a 3000GT-- A 98 Corvette and a 2009 Mini Cooper JCW. I liked them all but it seems like I'm having way more inexpensive FUN with this 2012 Mustang MCA Premium then almost any car I had lately.
I did track the Corvette and then the Mini but it was expensive and only a few time a year. Auto-X was fine when running but a lot of volunteer work and to much standing around to be much fun.
Now, With the Mustang I have now, I can do a cruise-in every night and hang with some great car people. I do a few car shows and won Peoples Choice twice and a Daily Drivers "GOLD" which was a surprise to me. I drove from Florida up to Pennsylvania to the American Muscle show three times. Been to Detroit, Myrtle Beach and Sturgis and all of them put together did not cost as much as a few track days at Daytona. Well, Maybe a little more, but well worth it.
No. I have no complaints about my 2012 V6 Automatic Mustang and I love it a whole lot. I'm not giving it up for a long time. I still enjoy just looking at it as well as driving it.
Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Ryder at flea MarketDPP_083.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	190978  
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:55 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
I tell everybody who asks me, about my GT convertible, that I waited 35 years for this car. I was never a Ford guy, but when I started reading about the 2015 I knew this was my next purchase.

I was going to buy the new Corvette, and I am SO glad I didn't. Car And Driver has one for a long term (40,000 miles) test and so far it's been a disaster. Blew the engine, axle replacements etc. I was shocked. Maybe they got a lemon, or GM has quality issues. I don't know.
Car and Driver wasn't the only long termer to blow their engine up. I can't remember the name of the other publication.....but their Z06 ate its engine too. If you go to a C7 forum, it is mentioned quite often.....owners are having the same issues.
The new 5.0 hasn't been exactly trouble free either since introduction with piston slap and some cylinder machining issues, but Ford really seems to have addressed those.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A lot of the time it is because

These Magazine people will take a brand new car with almost no miles on it and go out and see how many times they can hit the rev-limiter. Most of them can't drive for crap and miss gears also causing Hi-Rev problems.

When one driver gets out, another gets in and the abuse starts all over again. It is not only the Corvette that had blown up but they have been known to destroy other cars too.

I don't know why the Factories don't have someone put some easy miles on these cars before turning them over to the Magazine wreckers (OPS WRITERS)
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

I don't know why the Factories don't have someone put some easy miles on these cars.

Ronnie
I'm game for that. Love going out and just cruising.

Pick your poison.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I've had (quite) a few cars over the years. Some of these I am not particularly proud of -- like the 1974 Mach 1 V6 that couldn't get out of its own way on its BEST day..........but some of the highlights include a 1969 Z28, a 1970 Torino Type N/W 351 Cleveland, C5 and C6, Turbo T-Bird. '79 Pace car with a 302 (gutlesss!), a Miata (the most fun you can have with 168 HP!), a '64 GTO Tri-power, a '69 455/435 HP GTO (NOT Gutless!!), 1977 442, 1997 Cobra with full Maximum Motorsports Road and Track suspension, Saleen Bodywork and Bassani catbacks..............and there has never been another car that I look forward to driving more than our 2015 GT Premium Convertible.
Cruising along at 75 mph, feeling like it's 55 --- effortless. Curvy roads not a challenge at all -- just point it where you want it to go. THE most comfortable seats EVER! 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds and 0 to 100 mph in 10! 25 mpg all day long..........folks, it doesn't get any better than this!
Actually, it does get better. A 2014 model. Ba ha ha ha

Non ๐Ÿผand non ๐ŸŒฝfed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:13 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

Not trying to bust your chops...........wasn't the last 455SD TA in 74. I thought they then had the standard 455 in 75 and 76 was the last of the big block TA's. I had a brand new 76 455 TA with AC delete and 4spd........with a little tuning from Major/Murray in Portland, Or....Moroso 8qt pan, hooker headers...I ran low 13's in the 1/4 with the stock 3:23 gears...........although I did have an OE 74 SD exhaust with no cats. It was actually supposed to be my wife's car.
I've had some 30+ cars in my life but these are some of my favorite....63-1/2 427 Q code 4spd Galaxie, 68-1/2 428 CJ Mustang, 68 Z28 with Protec-O-Plate and factory plenum aircleaner and factory headers (they came in the trunk) 64 HiPro 4spd Comet Cyclone, 66 Hipro 4spd GT Coupe, Buick T-Top Turbo, 86 Mercury Capri 5.0l, 88 Turbo Coupe with Esslinger prep'd head and Garret Turbo, 97 SVT Corba that had more mod's than I can remember and went through 2 motors...........and last but not least my beloved 70 Maverick that started racing at the Pomona Winternationals in 1979 in B/SM with a Boss 302 and Liberty 4spd ran 10.30's..............fast forward 30 years and it was reborn with a 408/Powerglide and ran the 1/4 in 9.801 at 133mph.
Now, if I could drive the Mustang on the street and still turn high nines....I'd love it.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:16 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
OP, I have the ecoboost model with the Nav and for me, it is the Paradise you speak of. I choose the ecoboost over the GT because my job has me driving a lot and the milage numbers are better than the GT. Plenty of mod options to get the HP/T into amazing too.

Great Recon, that is a good looking bunch in your photo.

Sent from my phone using Mustang Evolution app.
Vinny
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:18 AM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
OP, I have the ecoboost model with the Nav and for me, it is the Paradise you speak of. I choose the ecoboost over the GT because my job has me driving a lot and the milage numbers are better than the GT. Plenty of mod options to get the HP/T into amazing too.

Great Recon, that is a good looking bunch in your photo.

Sent from my phone using Mustang Evolution app.
Vinny
What mpg are you getting on the highway? I am usually able to cruise at 75, and still get about 25 mpg all day long.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
What mpg are you getting on the highway? I am usually able to cruise at 75, and still get about 25 mpg all day long.
The best I've gotten was almost 27 highway, and the highway mostly flat. Btw, I have the navigation. It's okay but Google Maps or Waze is much faster.

I have a little over 4,000 miles on her. It's been totally trouble free. The engine is quiet, and it's still as tight as new no rattles or squeaks. Best new car I've ever had. Knock on wood!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #33

Region: Arkansas
I'm loving my 2015 GT Premium too!! It is a smooth ride and I agree that the seats are so comfortable. I special ordered mine so I could get everything that I wanted on it. I have the Shaker 1200 and voice activated navigation. Still having an issue when playing the radio, or music through USB and Bluetooth were a song will skip and it's not on the individual songs themselves. Dealer replaced the module but still occurring Maybe a loose wire somewhere ?? so another trip to dealer she'll go!! I've had my car since April 27 and I have 3730 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kdstyln is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT