2016 California package - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
2016 California package

I test drove one today and came away pretty impressed. It drove fantastic but it also may have lost some of its edge known to v8 owners of the past. I'll send picks if I pull the trigger . It was all black with grey decals. I didn't realize they continued the California package until today. The sticker is 43K. I only have a couple of years left on my 2013 GT. I also have invested some pretty good mods which I know I'll never make back. We'll see if they are willing to deal when I go back on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Keep me updated, I have been looking at the new CS's as well. What do you think of the blinker in the hood vents?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't even notice it until I pulled over. The salesman had no idea. I knew more about the car than he did. Like is said in an earlier post I did come away impressed. I was very refined and squared up. Everything that needed improvement over the last generation was corrected besides the "edge of your seat" driving experience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich7072 View Post
I test drove one today and came away pretty impressed. It drove fantastic but it also may have lost some of its edge known to v8 owners of the past. I'll send picks if I pull the trigger . It was all black with grey decals. I didn't realize they continued the California package until today. The sticker is 43K. I only have a couple of years left on my 2013 GT. I also have invested some pretty good mods which I know I'll never make back. We'll see if they are willing to deal when I go back on Wednesday.

You should have your head examined by a shrink if you got rid of your 2013 for a 2016 model. Your 2013 is far better looking than the new model. Not even in the same league and class. 2013 = muscle car look. 2015 plus = euro sports car with hideous a$$$ end.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

2016 California package

Yeah I thought the same thing until you actually drive a new one. I love the look of my 13 but the new one is just leagues better in my opinion. I hate to admit it but it's true. I can only imagine how good the 350 is if the standard GT is this good.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I thought the same thing until you actually drive a new one. I love the look of my 13 but the new one is just leagues better in my opinion. I hate to admit it but it's true. I can only imagine how good the 350 is if the standard GT is this good.

I certainly would not attack how good the 2015 plus models are in ride quality, handling and technology but the looks are just not my idea of what a mustang should look like.

If I wanted a euro looking sports car I could of bought a Porsche, 370Z, Hyundai Genesis, BRZ, etc. There is no aggressive muscle look to the 2015 plus models in my opinion. Just another euro looking sports car.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yes but a euro sports car with a V8 for 40k is hard to beat. Your right about it being a "European sports car". It is but it's also a great all around car. Trust me and drive one. I was where you are now and after driving it I can look beyond its appearance.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes but a euro sports car with a V8 for 40k is hard to beat. Your right about it being a "European sports car". It is but it's also a great all around car. Trust me and drive one. I was where you are now and after driving it I can look beyond its appearance.

They just have not grown on me. Darn it. I just can't get over how bad looking the rear end is. Every time I see one, I just shake my head and say to myself. WTF Ford. That rear end is sooooo bad.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:24 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
They just have not grown on me. Darn it. I just can't get over how bad looking the rear end is. Every time I see one, I just shake my head and say to myself. WTF Ford. That rear end is sooooo bad.

We get it, Kona......again, and again and again......you don't like the 2015's. Move on, and quit p!$$In# on other's choices......If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it....again and again and again.
To the OP......I hope you can get this car if that is what you like. Personally, I think that the 2015's are light years better looking than any previous sports car or muscle car...especially that classy and beautiful back end.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
We get it, Kona......again, and again and again......you don't like the 2015's. Move on, and quit p!$$In# on other's choices......If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it....again and again and again.
To the OP......I hope you can get this car if that is what you like. Personally, I think that the 2015's are light years better looking than any previous sports car or muscle car...especially that classy and beautiful back end.
Lol you're mad because he doesn't like what you like? Man some people on this forum.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Glad they are light years better looking than previous sports car or muscle car. OP indicated they were thinking of getting rid of his 2013 model for a 2016 CS model. I was giving him my opinion on why not to get rid of their beautiful 2013 model.

Not pissin on anyone's choices bud.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Lol you're mad because he doesn't like what you like? Man some people on this forum.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Guard 5.0 is going to tell you he isn't mad. He is just tired of seeing me post about not liking the new design. Guard 5.0 gets it, I don't like it. 👍

Old 10-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Are we talking about the new Ford Fusion Sport Edition...?

Jokes aside I still don't know how I feel about the rear, though I dont find it nearly as offensive as some. I kind of like it, I think, maybe...

I am very disappointed Ford didn't realize that they stuck the same rebadged front end on all thier cars! It just doesn't sit well with me. (Of course they are not identical, but it makes me question the designer's creative abilities none the less.) Don't get me wrong I love the features offered in the new Mustangs, a lot. I'm just sad that it looks so similer to Ford's other models, and has definitely lost a good chunk of that muscle car look. But that's what happens when you take a car from a US only market to a global matket. I think the next major model refresh will let us all know whether the Mustangs we love will stick around, or transform into some straight six turbocharged AWD, 4 door euro racer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I really liked the o5-14, but couldn't quite make it work (6'-9"). I stared at the new one for a long time at the dealer back in February buying another vehicle. The headlights are ok (small but so are other hids), daylight running lights are good, fogs small, lower bumper blah, hood is extremely nice, side down to rear and top extremely nice but for flat area around wheel well, top is sweet, rear is noticeably wider than front and pics don't do justice - those tail lights are big and bright. It's obviously a Mustang. It is a head turner - clean or filthy. Interior is excellent. I'm hoping some big fog lights in the front middle will do something. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444739210.831285.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	192276Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444739246.515570.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	192277

COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:32 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I for one wasn't a fan at first of the new style but after time and driving and riding in them they are awesome an I'm sure owners of the new style will agree that they do turn a lot of heads. Just my personal opinion.

kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
This coming from the guy that drives a V6.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It certainly comes down to your love/hate of the exterior of the car because the S550s are undeniably improvements all around.

I don't think the 16 GT/CS looks all that different than the GT compared to 11 and 09 Cali special from the GT. Wish they would have put something similar to the CDC outlaw chin spoiler to make the front end more unique. Either way it's very good looking imo
Old 10-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Guard 5.0 is going to tell you he isn't mad. He is just tired of seeing me post about not liking the new design. Guard 5.0 gets it, I don't like it. 👍

You mean the Ford Focus mustang?

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
This coming from the guy that drives a V6.
Of course this coming from me. Actually my 2011 was originally a V8 but I ordered Fords cylinder delete kit. The kit removed two cylinders from the car.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
You mean the Ford Focus mustang?

I mean the FUSTANG!

Old 10-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The 15-16's are growing on me, I had a convertible rental for a week and have to say they do handle nicely, just can't get over the front, but I kind of like the back though, sorry Kona!
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone007 View Post
The 15-16's are growing on me, I had a convertible rental for a week and have to say they do handle nicely, just can't get over the front, but I kind of like the back though, sorry Kona!
Lol. That's cool bro. That's why I'll stick with my S197 model until the next generation mustang in 2025 comes out. If it's still ugly I'll just buy a Corvette!

Old 10-13-2015, 06:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Of course this coming from me. Actually my 2011 was originally a V8 but I ordered Fords cylinder delete kit. The kit removed two cylinders from the car.

I wonder if that's possible

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'm sure Ford will miss your buying one. Not.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'm sure Ford will miss your buying one. Not.
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Old 10-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I actually like the back.. It's the headlights that I'm not crazy about

Old 10-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
I actually like the back.. It's the headlights that I'm not crazy about

I'm not against the headlights but I definitely feel they need to have big ole fog lights upfront! Just like the classics

Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I'll let everybody know tommorow if they are willing to deal or not. I despise going into dealerships. The back and forth . They almost always try and screw you on the trade in value. I live in Boston so it's not like the 5.0s are flying off the shelf here. If fact they're pretty rare.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:52 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Lol. That's cool bro. That's why I'll stick with my S197 model until the next generation mustang in 2025 comes out. If it's still ugly I'll just buy a Corvette!
Well.......by then the Corvette should be a V6 too, so you should be satisfied.......
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll let everybody know tommorow if they are willing to deal or not. I despise going into dealerships. The back and forth . They almost always try and screw you on the trade in value. I live in Boston so it's not like the 5.0s are flying off the shelf here. If fact they're pretty rare.

I work at a dealership and the only reason there will be any back and forth solely depends on you not being stern enough on what you need your trade in value to be an where you need to be on the bottom line. If your not happy with either you're more than welcome to leave when you please. Bc believe me the car will sell itself whether it be to you or the next person.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

But keep in mind a 2016 model currently has about zero rebate incentives as they're still more than likely clearing out the 15s so if the price seems high please keep that in mind. If you wanna look knowledgeable ask them how much below invoice they can go forget about msrp.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:29 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I told them what my bottom line is already. They haven't seen my car yet until tommorow. It's in mint condition so I know how it works . I know what the blue book value is and I already received a letter in the mail from another dealership with a trade in offer . The only reason I'm going to this dealership is because it's close to where I live and I get it serviced there. I didn't buy it there but I've purchased many cars in my life and it still won't stop them for getting the best deal for them initially.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:29 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Ps if it need be ask to speak to sales manager tell your salesman you'll only talk numbers with him as he's the one who can say yay or nay to the things the salesperson would suggest. In other words the salesperson will say well what if we could get you in at this price would you do that? Bc he then has to run it by his manager but if you start out talking to said manager he can tell you right on the spot whether it can be done or not. And idk you but if your credit is at least decent do not put a penny down over your trade!

Old 10-13-2015, 11:30 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I told them what my bottom line is already. They haven't seen my car yet until tommorow. It's in mint condition so I know how it works . I know what the blue book value is and I already received a letter in the mail from another dealership with a trade in offer . The only reason I'm going to this dealership is because it's close to where I live and I get it serviced there. I didn't buy it there but I've purchased many cars in my life and it still won't stop them for getting the best deal for them initially.

Dealerships use a thing called black book. Not blue book. It's a marketing/resale type of kbb.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
california