Add aftermarket amp & sub to Shaker Pro - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
Region: California
Question Add aftermarket amp & sub to Shaker Pro

So I had a 2011 GT with the shaker 500. I tapped the amp input for the door subs to feed a Soundgate low to low converter and used the mute with a 5v to 12v module. Power wire under the battery, behind the wheel well, through the existing grommet and into the passenger side kick/under dash. Then under the trim to the trunk. Some good google work was all it took. Wiring diagrams for the 2011 are pretty available, as well as some tear down videos.

Long story short, a lot of rock chips, and an aggressive dealer body shop, got me a nice insurance check and it was cheaper to bring home a very nice 2015. Don't get me wrong, I loved my first Coyote, but this one is significantly better equipped.

Which brings me to my current issue. This one has the Shaker Pro, which for a factory system is pretty impressive to me. But it doesn't really compare to the two 12" Kicker L7s I had in the back of the 2011. So I want to install them in the 2015. It should be easier as there is a trunk mounted sub and amp. So I yank out the sub and look at the connector. It doesn't match any of the color schemes from the previous coyotes. Power and ground are easy, but with a multimeter its hard to pick out the signal lines as they, and the mute, all run the same base voltage. So really you are measuring deviations from the just under 6 volts of the mute, not from the ground.

Anyone seen a pin out for the connector for the Shaker Pro Amp Input? It used to be called C4109A for the Shaker 1000 trunk amp.
Pin 3 brown/blue Signal +
Pin 4 white/blue Signal -
Pin 1 gray/violet Mute
Pin 7 green/red Power
Pin 10 black Ground

I'm thinking I need to investigate a pic of the connector for a 2011 and see if the pins are the same, even if the colors are off.

I seem to have

White/Red Power
Green/Black Ground
Green/White ?
Violet/Green ?
Violet/Red ?

Now my OCD would demand the V/G be signal - and V/R be signal +. Which would leave G/W as the mute.

I'm going to go after it with an oscilloscope, but a wiring diagram is always comforting. Knowing how that connecter pin out is counted would be useful too.

BTW, the wheel grommet is the same on the 2015. I ran the 0AWG cable through the drain hole under the battery bucket, but I'm going to drill a hole and install a grommet.

Well thanks for reading. New member, long time lurker, Hi, etc.

NoSvOrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #2

Region: Connecticut
sorry, can't help but good 1st bump!

New England Fall Cruise Nov 5th!
PM RoboStang or me for details....lets go for a ride
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: California
Where did you put the new grommet?

I had a professional shop install my amp and sub. Just had the battery out to grab a dropped bolt and found they lifted the corner of the big grommet behind the battery and ran the power through that. Terrible.
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT