American Racing Headers Complete Exhaust System Review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
American Racing Headers Complete Exhaust System Review

I thought I would write a bit about an exhaust system I dont hear talked about often. I put an AMH full system on my 2015 mustang when it had 23 miles on it, I now have about 500. The stock exhaust is heavy, restrictive, and too quiet in my opinion. The Full system includes headers (I opted for high flow cats) an x-pipe, and a cat-back system. The parts are absolutely stunning, the build quality is highly evident. The install took about a day and can be a little tricky but if you have done headers before than it should be very simple. The sound is over the top, the startup might be a too loud depending on your tastes but the idle is the perfect volume and sound. Under the acceleration the exhaust is pretty loud but sounds fantastic, it rumbles with the perfect amount of sporty rasp to it. Not the deepest exhaust sound I have ever heard but not the raspiest either, I think it is a good balance between the two. There isn’t a drone at 1750 to 2000 rpm, but anything above that there is a bit. It still sounds good but you can hear it cruising in the car. The power difference is very noticeable, to the point where it’s testing the stock suspension under hard acceleration, upgrades to come soon for that. The high-flow cats do not filter the exhaust enough for the stock sensors, they will go off if you don’t have a tune that turns them off. If you have a tuner you can always just leave the sensors turned off and clear the engine code whenever it pops up. My only other observation/ complaint is people get confused about the name of the company being American Racing Headers and ask me who makes the rest of the exhaust, the answer is still American Racing Headers. If you want to stand out with an exhaust note that sounds great and is louder but not obnoxious this is the exhaust for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2985.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	193376   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2986.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	496.7 KB
ID:	193377  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2984.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	193378  
Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I opted for catback w x pipe since it already has headers. Didn't notice much of a difference except sound though. No issues.
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Coyote - Do you have stock headers or aftermarket? I didn't drive the car much before swapping but my 11 GT had stock headers and a catback and I've noticed quite a difference in torque with the headers and of coarse volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorhart3 View Post
Coyote - Do you have stock headers or aftermarket? I didn't drive the car much before swapping but my 11 GT had stock headers and a catback and I've noticed quite a difference in torque with the headers and of coarse volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Stock headers. I don't jump into it that often. fewer than 3 times before putting new exhaust on. Couldn't say. Thing is so fast anyway.
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust