Rear camber alingment issue after lowering etc (Steeda help maybe?) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Rear camber alingment issue after lowering etc (Steeda help maybe?)

So I took the car to a good place with a 35 year rep. They seem to be able to align anything. Anyway after lowering adjustable toe links, vert links, sways, subframe support braces and the alignment kit, I'm stuck at -2.4 rear camber on one side (off spec by just a bit). I cannot afford to wear tires prematurely.

I also have the rear diff bushing inserts in rear 2 only, and three of four alignment inserts in. I plan to finish these efforts but don't know if that could be contributing. For one thing the rear alignment insert would line up perfectly. The forward diff bushing inserts don't seem to affect either but I don't know.

Anyway. This is a new suspension and nothing was easy about it. I think it's one of those rear subframes that came out of alignment. This is why I think so: The forward driver subframe bolt was extremely difficult to replace and the passenger support brace was almost as difficult. The bolts wouldn't line up without great difficulty. Also the vertical link was a bear (bottom bolt). Also I realized late that one of the rear springs isn't placed exactly right. It's rotated by about .5 inch. I am concerned about redoing due to great difficulty experienced w that subframe bolt that would have to be taken out again. Do not want to cause more problems.

The alignment shop foreman suggested that camber adjustment kit should be available. I don't believe there is one or if there ever will be for the rear. I cannot to imagine how aligning the front could impact the rear camber so he must have been talking rear.

Any legit help or discussion would be appreciated. Thanks!

Options on table at this point... Take to dealer. (Not exactly desired but....). Could it be the spring or other items?
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I installed all Steeda parts, Progressive springs, vertical links, adjustable toe links, differential bushings, subframe alignment inserts and the IRS kit. I did all work myself and I did have to move cradle around a little to get the alignment bushings all in. I then brought car to have aligned at what I thought reputable tire shop and after about 1-1/2 hr they finished. When I asked for final readout paper they did not have??? Car seemed to drive OK but wheels looked a little off. After the shop that installed my Whipple test drove they told me something did not seem right so I let them check alignment. It was way off but they easily corrected it and now much better.. Seems like the tire shop of many years did NOT know what they were doing!!! At least on my car.
Whipple 2.9 Stage II, Dual Fans, 132mm TB, open AB, , UPR Catch can with clean side separator,KW-KV1 Coil Overs, IRS Subframe Alignment Bushings, Rear IRS Subframe Bushings, Adjustable Rear Toe Links, Billet Aluminum Vertical Links, Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System, DSS 3-1/2" Alum D/S, Cervintis hood and rear wing spoiler, Magnaflow 3” Street Series Catbacks, CDC Outlaws 20x10R, 20x9F with Nitto Invos’s 295x35x20R, 275x35x20F.
Smoked50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Dealer aligned it. Suggested after mkt strut plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 12:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
always require a print out, if they "forget" to do the print out suggest they set up machine again and print before you pay..they are a lot of jack leg alignment " so called" tects out there
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:39 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
ALLY, good call.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Sorry I didn't see this early ... you posted around SEMA time!

Our camber plates don’t include caster adjustment ... the car has several degrees of camber straight from the factory.

Did you get your alignment resolved?

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Sorry I didn't see this early ... you posted around SEMA time!

Our camber plates don’t include caster adjustment ... the car has several degrees of camber straight from the factory.

Did you get your alignment resolved?

Best Regards,

TJ
Good morning! The dealer was able to correct rear camber. Not sure how they did it but it was a 250 job plus the initial alignment cost of 129 from the other shop. The dealer made a huge difference in overall steering response as well. After we lowered it, the steering was heavier (harder to turn wheel a bit). Now it's more like stock. I will eventually add caster camber plates.

Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT