Intake and tune. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Intake and tune.

What intake should i get for my 16 gt manual? Along with a tune? Bama or ngauge ?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
5inco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Skip the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I went with the airaid synthamax with a black filter. Looks good works great. Not sure how much power it adds on its own because I did a tune and full exhaust with headers at the same time.

Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Skip

cboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nothing beats a dyno tune. When I bought my JLT CAI and Bama tuner I was happy with the gains over stock and the shift points are much improved (auto) however I went to a friends shop to have it dyno tuned and as a base line it pit down 345 to the wheels. After the custom tune it put down 398 to the wheels. Of course you can do remote tuning sessions with Bama to dial it in but I was happy with the dyno results.
Twisted13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Latest update: we just had @cognizantphotos 2016 PP GT in the shop for some dyno tuning, he brought his car to us with only long tube headers and exhaust (untuned) and wanted a dyno tune for his headers and yet to be installed restrictorless Steeda CAI.

With long tubes and exhaust, Joe's car put down 405 rwhp and 359 ft./lbs. tq. - again this was with no tune.

We popped in our Steeda CAI without the restrictor and started working on a tune to also accommodate Joe's long tubes. Our tuning mindset strives for great drivability with maximum (safe) power.

We're definitely pleased with the final results: 442 rwhp and 399 ft./lbs. tq.! Testing was done in a controlled environment with IAT 10 degrees above ambient and cylinder head temps right at 200 degrees for all pulls.

I'm including a couple additional dyno sheets to show both low RPM gains and high RPM gains. At 3,000 RPM you can see a 61 ft./lb. tq. increase and right at 6,700 RPM you can see a 47 rwhp and 36 ft./lbs. tq. increase!

These are stout numbers and we're happy with the gains, we know Joe will be as well - especially with how amazing the drivability is.

Videos to come shortly. PS - Kooks long tubes with Borla exhaust sounds amazing, especially at WOT.

Check our line of S550 parts here - 2015-2016 Mustang Cold Air Intakes | Steeda Autosports | Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
TJ did you guys do a pull and tune with the stock airbox in place too? Because its kind of hard to attribute anything to the CAI without a before and after where that is the only change. It is well known that the factory airbox is not restrictive, I'm not saying that the Steeda CAI would not do anything but would have liked to have seen the data.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the no tune CAI:

Product Benefits
Over 22 rwhp and 18 ft/lb tq gain without a tune!
Over 30 rwhp and 23 ft/lb tq gain with a tune!

Outperforms all other cold air intakes on the market today
Easy bolt*in installation

Retains sound tube and factory cold air ducting (also includes cap for sound tube elimination)

Power increase at all RPM ranges * not just peak power
Precision CNC mass air housing equals clean mass air signal resulting in smooth off*throttle to on*throttle acceleration

Lower intake air temperatures (IAT) at cruise when compared to the competition

Lifetime warranty

Check out the included dyno sheet for hp/tq gains!

Steeda ProFlow Mustang Cold Air Intake for your S550 opens up the intake system of Ford's 5.0 powerplant and allows it to breathe much more freely than the stock intake system allows, taking your S550 Mustang GT to the next level of performance.

Steeda's engineers utilized the OE cold air feed and a large surface area high*flow nano*fiber air filter, added our famous 'race*tested' velocity stack entry and then designed an advanced heat shield with a durable rubber gasket to seal the shield against the vehicle’s hood. Steeda’s precision CNC mass air housing provides the cleanest mass air signal on the market, resulting in smooth off*throttle to on*throttle response.

Steeda’s S550 CAI utilizes a removable restrictor which allows you to benefit from immediate hp/tq gains, without a tune! If you’re looking to squeeze out even more power from Steeda’s S550 cold air intake, we offer a tune that allows you to run it without the restrictor.

Steeda’s ProFlow S550 Mustang GT Cold Air Intake Comparison: Restrictor without Tune

In our cold air intake dyno shoot*out between Steeda, brand ‘R' and brand ‘A,' all of which have a restrictor in place without a tune, Steeda’s S550 ProFlow Cold Air Intake dominated the competition putting down 414 rwhp and 387 ft/lb tq! This is a 22 hp and 18 ft/lb tq gain over our stock baseline dyno pull.

Dyno competitors comparison findings:

Steeda CAI with restrictor and no tune: 414 rwhp and 387 ft/lb tq
Brand ‘R' CAI with restrictor and no tune: 404 rwhp and 375 ft/lb tq
Brand ‘A' CAI with restrictor and no tune: 403 rwhp and 373 ft/lb tq

Purchase your Steeda ProFlow Mustang Cold Air Intake for 2015 Mustang GT at Steeda Autosports today!

W

- See more at: Steeda ProFlow Mustang Cold Air Intake - No Tune (2015 GT) | Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 12-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Actually what I was asking is what power number did that 2016 PP car put down with JUST your Steeda tune and exhaust without the CAI on it. If you guys did that pull. Would be interested to see how much power the CAI is actually adding if any vs the Steeda dyno tune and exhaust with the stock airbox.

Not sure your tuner would want to waste time on tuning without the CAI tho if the CAI was 100% going on the car so that would be my guess as to why that was not done.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Testing has already been done at the track with the Steeda CAI and the stock intake was faster. Testing was done on the same day with multiple passes. TJ will conveniently leave that out though.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Testing has already been done at the track with the Steeda CAI and the stock intake was faster. Testing was done on the same day with multiple passes. TJ will conveniently leave that out though.
The one that was done by for the V6 previously on this forum?

Everyone has their opinions, Grabber Blue5.0 , not worth the argument.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 12-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Nope, this was a GT on another forum.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT