PP rims, how much do hey run? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
PP rims, how much do hey run?

I am going to post up my PP rims and tires soon for sale. What do you think a fair price would be for them? The rear tires have 30% tread and the fronts have about 50%. No tpms included and the rims are in perfect shape. I was thinking like $500 and the buyer pays shipping. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
it really depends on the area. I've seen take off's for between 750-900 on Craigslist with perfect tires and the tpms included although I've seen them in the 1200-1500 range. All depends how quickly you want to get rid of them. I would think 500 would be a good asking price for your set and see where it goes from there. Although I would try local sites as well because once you factor in shipping the buyer will likely consider buying new rims.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Shipping is going to be VERY expensive.
Take one wheel and tire to your local UPS store and get an estimate before you decide how much to charge.
As for what to ask --- Look on eBay as these tires and wheels are all over the place there for both initial cost and shipping costs.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2015, 06:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I've shipped a few rims with tires and it ranged from 50-75 each.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I've shipped a few rims with tires and it ranged from 50-75 each.

I've shipped them before. The shipping was a little over $200. I would try local first. If that didn't work I would probably do $700 shipped.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

500 is very fair. Some people are asking 1k or more. It's a factory wheel nothing out of this world. For the price some ask you could get a badass aftermarket wheel which is why I think they ask so much bc they're trying to recoup what they just spent on wheels themselves.

kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Another idea if you dont mind sitting on them for a while would be to sell them individually for people who have 1-2 scratched up. I've seen people sell individual rims for 2-3 hundred each. Shipping becomes less of an issue at this point because your shipping them individually instead of a set of 4.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:45 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
You are going to have a hard time selling them with tires that basically need to be replaced shortly and no TPMS. A guy would get these from you then have to pay a shop to take the tires off plus the cost of the TPMS then a re mount and balance. At this point he is lucky to get 5-10k out of them before he needs new tires again.

I've seen these go for 600 with brand new tires (like less than 100 miles on em) with TPMS.

Like it was mentioned before, I'd sell them individually on eBay. That your best bet on getting top dollar. And you might as well remove the tire and give them to a buddy because you will not get any extra for them that way and the shipping will be double what it costs to ship just a wheel.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Best bet and easies would be to sell only rims, shipping would be chipper without tires any way, so you might hook up a buyer sooner.

cheers
Kresimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
I am going to post up my PP rims and tires soon for sale. What do you think a fair price would be for them? The rear tires have 30% tread and the fronts have about 50%. No tpms included and the rims are in perfect shape. I was thinking like $500 and the buyer pays shipping. Thoughts?

Seriously, ask $400 and find out if your buyer is close enough to drive to him, 1/2way. For $500 Rims, shipping another $200 and another $240 for the TMP sensors, your looking at $940. I ordered 18x9/10 Chrome Bullitts, TMP sensors, new Acorn lug nuts and the Power Wrench all for $1640.00. That was with a 6% discount through American Muscle. Including shipping. That's about $700 more than what your offering but mine has new tires, yours do not.

As most Newbies on here find out, stock parts just don't sell. Everyone is dumping them or saving all of them, in case your selling your car and you can replace some of your mods and sell them.

After 50 posts in here, you can get a discount code for 6% on American Muscle Parts.

GOOD LUCK!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT