Soon to be Owner of a 2015 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Soon to be Owner of a 2015

Today, after months of debating on if i should get a 2014 or a 2015, the right car popped out, and I put a down payment on the car for them to hold it, until we can finalize the paperwork after the new year.

It's a Competition Orange GT with a 6 speed.
Performance package
Ambient Lighting
Navigation
And reverse park assist.

This will go on to be my third mustang. I currently own a 2002 GT And previously owned a 2000 v6.

Any cool features i should know about with all this new tech?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Sounds like a great car and welcome to the 2015 section of the forum! Can't wait to see some pics of that orange. Here are a few small things I didn't really realize and thought were cool.

They keyless stuff is awesome and there are plenty of videos on YouTube that go through all the features including how to roll the windows down with the key.

I also didn't realize their is a compartment on the left of the steering wheel down by the trunk pop button for sunglasses and such.

All the other cool obvious stuff like track apps and all that you've probably read about.

Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and the wet/snow mode is very helpful when it's raining out. Really helps calm down the rear tires and stop some of the spinning in corners in poor conditions. Don't know if it is good enough to venture into snow though, I'm sure never going to try it lol.

Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2015, 08:28 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

You will LOVE moving up to the 5.0! And that Grabber Orange does grab your attention!
I am sure if your peruse your owner's manual, you will find out all kinds of features the new ones have. There's also lots of posts here about them...........do you know about the three lines on the door handle, and the sunglass case?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'll be honest with you, I spent a solid 2 months looking at the 11-14's, trying to find one with the perfect options. It wasn't until late november when i tested out the recaros in a 2016 ecoboost that i decided the interior was well worth the upgrade to an s550. I only really knew about the addition of the line lock and launch controls, plus ability to change the gauge colors. I was so caught up with trying to swing an S550 in my price range,that i never really looked into the small refinements that ford added to really bring this car up to this level of quality. Heres a couple pictures i managed to snap at the dealer. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1451530163.462895.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	195290Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1451530186.011728.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	195291

Old 12-30-2015, 09:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Coming from your older Mustangs, this is going to be a beast.

Enjoy
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOberlander View Post
Coming from your older Mustangs, this is going to be a beast.

Enjoy

debating on getting comp orange myself! or black I cant decide lol. looks awesome man congrats.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:35 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
And that Grabber Orange does grab your attention!

Comp orange...not grabber just in case we were getting technical.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

sweet ride buddy, enjoy
Kresimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorhart3 View Post
Sounds like a great car and welcome to the 2015 section of the forum! Can't wait to see some pics of that orange. Here are a few small things I didn't really realize and thought were cool.

They keyless stuff is awesome and there are plenty of videos on YouTube that go through all the features including how to roll the windows down with the key.

I also didn't realize their is a compartment on the left of the steering wheel down by the trunk pop button for sunglasses and such.

All the other cool obvious stuff like track apps and all that you've probably read about.

OMG what the heck i have had the car since March 2015 and i DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS. LOL

OP congratulations you are getting an amazing car. I figure it will be alot different then your previous two mustangs...power and interior lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
You will LOVE moving up to the 5.0! And that Grabber Orange does grab your attention!
I am sure if your peruse your owner's manual, you will find out all kinds of features the new ones have. There's also lots of posts here about them...........do you know about the three lines on the door handle, and the sunglass case?
Can you link a brotha to the thread .....clearly i need it lol
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Handle is touch sensitive as long as you have your key fob with you 😉

Wile sunglasses have a nice kinda hidden place just below light switch.

I only don't know why i can open my windows with key fob and can't close them 😕

-BAMA Performance Tune (with handheld tuner), Ford Performance Touring Axle-Back Exhaust, Ford Performance X-Pipe,Ford Performance Short-Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro-Kit Suspension, Airade Synthemax Cold Air Intake, Roush Heat Extractor Vents, Matte Black Hood Wrap
Kresimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I picked the car up from the dealer today. Unfortunately, i had to rush to work before I was really able to get into all the nitty gritty of the car.

First impressions. Brembos. The sensitivity is ridiculous. If you really wanna stop, those bad boys are going to stop you. Which is great because This car is stupid quick.

It is a quantum leap in terms of acceleration compared to my 2002 GT. It's actually very intimidating to get on it, especially since it's cold and these tires are crap. I unfortunately tried to test the car a little bit, and ended up getting the rear end way too lose and it nearly got away from me. So needless to say, this thing demands a lot more respect than my other GT.

The ride is very stiff. The suspension with the performance pack is super responsive, but it does suffer in the aspect that you really feel every bump. But i can't complain. It really adds to the aggressiveness that I come to expect from a mustang.

TL;DR- This car is a beast. And although it has its shortcomings, ford really made a great car.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I picked the car up from the dealer today. Unfortunately, i had to rush to work before I was really able to get into all the nitty gritty of the car.

First impressions. Brembos. The sensitivity is ridiculous. If you really wanna stop, those bad boys are going to stop you. Which is great because This car is stupid quick.

It is a quantum leap in terms of acceleration compared to my 2002 GT. It's actually very intimidating to get on it, especially since it's cold and these tires are crap. I unfortunately tried to test the car a little bit, and ended up getting the rear end way too lose and it nearly got away from me. So needless to say, this thing demands a lot more respect than my other GT.

The ride is very stiff. The suspension with the performance pack is super responsive, but it does suffer in the aspect that you really feel every bump. But i can't complain. It really adds to the aggressiveness that I come to expect from a mustang.

TL;DR- This car is a beast. And although it has its shortcomings, ford really made a great car.

I nearly gave myself whiplash the first time I drove my '16. The Brembos are insane! I'm in the same boat as far as the power these new Stangs have. Quickly navigating a turn from a stop was a pucker moment as the rear easily broke loose. Rolling the throttle in 2nd gear can produce some nice wheel spin lol. Coming from a '12 V6, I now have the torque I so dearly missed! And the car overall is just simply amazing. The Mustang has definitely come a long way!

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Old 01-03-2016, 09:39 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Go get it!!! My might as well be father in law got a '15 Competition Orange V6 and it looks real sharp.
la pantera is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT