1 sticker rule Texas help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1 sticker rule Texas help.

Ok so I bought a 2015 and my inspection isn't up till 12/16 that's what the inspection sticker says. I just got my new registration sticker I can peel the 12/16 inspection sticker off now right? Since it's now 1 sticker rule in Texas. My concerns are its a new car and has never taken to a place to be Inspected so will it work with a new car like that?

And I I assume that I could due to if I got pulled over and the cop scanned my registration sticker it would show I bought new and the inspection isn't up until 12/16

I'm kinda confused

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dude0715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
1 sticker rule Texas help.

In NC we have a sticker on the license plate that shows when the plate expires and in order to renew the plate you have to get it inspected (if required). My car is new enough to where it still does not needs inspection but I still have the sticker to show my plates are valid and not expired. Are you sure the sticker isnt showing when the plate expires?

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Rule Applies at Next Registration renewal

My Son in law says if you already have a registration and inspection sticker leave them. When you register next time the sticker will cover both.
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I just updated my inspection & registration. Not saying you should legally remove it but they now verify inspection thru the registration sticker via computer. Just call or stop by your local dps to make sure you're good.

kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I work for a dealership and live in TX. The way the Texas two step one sticker program works is that you have to get your vehicle inspected prior to receiving your registration. When you get your vehicle inspected, which is now $25.50, you will not get a sticker but just a sheet saying that you pass. Once you have that you can get your registration with the approval number they give you. Because it's a transition year don't worry about getting it inspected until you need your registration performed. But like I said you need to have it inspected before you get your registration! Hope this helps.
Twisted13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted13 View Post
I work for a dealership and live in TX. The way the Texas two step one sticker program works is that you have to get your vehicle inspected prior to receiving your registration. When you get your vehicle inspected, which is now $25.50, you will not get a sticker but just a sheet saying that you pass. Once you have that you can get your registration with the approval number they give you. Because it's a transition year don't worry about getting it inspected until you need your registration performed. But like I said you need to have it inspected before you get your registration! Hope this helps.
Delaware was like this too. Could not register without inspection first which makes sense. Made buying a used car out of state a PITA tho.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted13 View Post

You're correct sir. I'd like to mention I got my inspection done about 2 weeks ago and it cost me only $7😎

kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you are in an area that does not require an emissions test then yes it is less expensive. However, you may have to have your vehicle registered in that county. For example I'm registered in Houston so I have to get an emissions test. Could be incorrect but I think that's how it works.
Twisted13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
texas