Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) - Popular Product! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) - Popular Product!

Hello All:

I just wanted to pass along a great, cheap, effective product that has gained a lot of popularity among the S550 crowd:

Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) | 555-5205 | Free Shipping!

There is a great install video on youtube too!

Easy install, great item!!!!!

I installed mine yesterday. Installation was an absolute breeze.

My jack and stands don't have a soft coating, so I'm looking for something to cover the yokes with, and I'll keep a piece in the car for any instance that I have a roadside emergency.

Worst case, they're easy to remove, and could probably be coated with spray-on bed liner.

Hey guys. Just thought I'd share a mod I installed that will make your life a lot easier for those who plan on doing your own maintenance. Steeda Ultralight Jacking Rails. Took about 15 minutes. No worries about hitting the factory cutout jacking holes or damaging your pinch welds. Super lightweight and work great. I'm changing my own oil and rotating the tires and these work great with placing your jackstands.

I would have given these rail 5 stars for all the reasons others here have written. My only beef was the installation on my 2015 convertible. I tried to find information before I bought the rails on how to install on a convertible, and all I found was there is a suspension piece that has to be moved. Well, after a couple of hours I got the rails on but I had to use a drill to open the suspension holes, and the rail holes because they will NOT line up.

I installed Steeda jacking rails and they are great, fit and finish is 10/10. Alleviated any worries I had about crushing the pinch weld underneath the car.
Installed mine today. Easy quick install. I tried first installing it by keeping the car on the ground, using a mirror to unbolt... which was fine, but getting the rail in and putting the new bolts in was kinda challenging without an extra set of hands.

Ended up jacking the car and put it on jack stands. Put the jackstands on the correct location near the rear tire, and another at the last rocker cutout by the front tire. Held the car fine and made bolting in the rails a 5 minute (or less) proposition.

Seems sturdy enough. Gave them a quick test and the car was stable.

I ended up getting the Steeda jacking rails. I was able to install them with the car on the ground. I can jack up one side of the car all at once and place the jack stands on the rail. Then I jack up the other side and repeat the process. It's very quick, simple, and safe.

Took all of 15 minutes to install. Makes jacking the S550 a breeze and much more secure on jack stands. This should of been the very FIRST bolt on available. If you haven't begun your mods and are going to be doing any job on jack and jack stands, BUY THESE FIRST.
All right, so the rails have arrived!
Packaging was excellent, as it has been with everything I've ordered from Steeda. Rails are wrapped tightly and well protected- no need to worry about them banging together during shipping.

Install was a breeze. I'm lowered on Eibach Sportlines (for now) and I did not even bother to put the car in the air. Just removed the two bolts in the front (almost next to the front sub-frame, but closer to the pinch weld) and slide the jacking rail into position, balancing it on my knew while I put all the bolts in just finger tight. I did notice that there was a bit of seam sealer pushing against the jacking rail, so it wasn't sitting perfectly level. You probably don't need to trim it; sure it'll sit in there just fine, but you might as well.

After that, I just took the bolts out one at a time, hit them with some Loc-Tite and tightened them down. Then just repeat on the other side. Very easily installation, pretty much self explanatory. Instructions do mention having the elongated hole in the front, and the welds on the bracket towards the inside. Installation took maybe 20 mins, with taking pictures.

Tested them out, they work without issue for me. I was able to lift the whole car and place my jack-stands!
- See more at: Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) | 555-5205 | Free Shipping!

Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Other
This would be my first mod if I had a s550. Can't stand when people use the wrong jack points or don't use a proper jack and bend all their pinch welds.. smh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

RED SNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: California
I have never thought jacking on our pinch welds was good idea. You would think the auto makers good incorporate good jacking points during manufacture along with supplying a good jacks. Oh ya, a real spare tire.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Massachusetts
The factory provided me with locking lug nuts in the trunk but no lug wrench.
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT