Rear End Shutter on slow left/ right turn - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Rear End Shutter on slow left/ right turn

Have a 15 GT 5.0 PP. Car is a DD with easy use.
Recent temps have been in the 30 to 40 degree range, not sure this is a cause but temps in the 50 degree range this particular problem not noticed.
In morning backing out of garage into the street then cutting wheels to hard left or right to proceed down the street produces a shuttering shake and noise similar to a a sticking parking brake when you first start off(parking brake not in use here.
There is no noise or shutter on straight drive or turns or acceleration. I should have cked if shutter is still there after car and all oils were warmed up.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
retiredf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sounds like the limited slip clutches in the rear end are sticking?
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The 2016 GT with the Performance has Summer Tires. I bet your 2015 also has them. They lose traction when it's 40 degrees or below. That is from the manufacturer. Pretty sure there will be one chirping in from the Virginia area that will be heard from.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2016, 10:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sorry it is a little hard to picture what your describing. If you can elaborate I might be able to help. When you back out of the garage are you coming down your driveway and is it on an incline? When you being turning your steering wheel are you doing so at the end of the driveway and fully to one direction as to turn around and drive down the street. Or is what your describing after you have backed out and turned then shortly after make a right or left turn and begin to travel. Are any lights coming on and if you can be a bit more descriptive on where the noise is coming from and what sound it resembles, i.e. Tires, shocks, a brake screech, rubbing noise
Thanks the more info the better be as descriptive as you can
Twisted13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:56 AM   #5
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
It's the tires skipping. It only happens in cold weather. My gt500 did it too. When I had nitto invos they didn't skip though. When it's cold and I back up with the steering full turn I get popping too. I had my girlfriend look at it outside and she said she could physically see the tire skip. It's nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Also...with the stock rear tires I would get wheel hop on slow hard turns. That went say when I got wider rears.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have the same thing going on here. Super cold, summer tires, lots of skipping. I figured it was just because it's cold.
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Tire Skip . . . Here is the reason

First, thanks to all for their input as to reasons for the noise and skipping.

It appears that the last few days have been in the 20 to 30 degrees when this problem developed. Today, it was near 50 and no problem is evident. Previous car, 2012 GT 5.0 MT-82 had Pilots A/S on them and while I never heard the skipping in low temps, they still broke loose when in 3rd (had a 3.55 rear) in cold and even in 50+ temps.

Present 2015 GT PP with just a tune surprisingly does not break loose in third with summer tires at speed.

So as far as I am concerned, problem closed.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredf5 View Post
First, thanks to all for their input as to reasons for the noise and skipping.

It appears that the last few days have been in the 20 to 30 degrees when this problem developed. Today, it was near 50 and no problem is evident. Previous car, 2012 GT 5.0 MT-82 had Pilots A/S on them and while I never heard the skipping in low temps, they still broke loose when in 3rd (had a 3.55 rear) in cold and even in 50+ temps.

Present 2015 GT PP with just a tune surprisingly does not break loose in third with summer tires at speed.

So as far as I am concerned, problem closed.

You can buy them for me at the 2016 Annual American Muscle Show.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Glad to do that but from the look of all the upgrades to your ride.... Looks to me you could buy for everyone on the forum

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT