Long tubes ? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
You need to upload to YouTube and then post a link here.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 04:30 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
You need to upload to YouTube and then post a link here.

Does it not work for you if you click on it? It's a ****ty video, but the sound is accurate.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Doesn't work for me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 04:36 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

http://vid1352.photobucket.com/album...psrzfrqs4j.mp4
Old 02-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Mine is an O/R H pipe, sorry these videos are terrible. I will make one with drive bys etc. so you can get a real idea of what it sounds like. Honestly, at idle it is barely noticable. Under throttle it can't be mistaken. You will not be dissapointed if you get them. The first video is cold start and you can tell it never calmed down at all. Again sorry for terrible videos

Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:28 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It's hard to tell . Def loud

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I don't tune. If you want, argue with Shaun at AED. A REAL tuner.
Well according to Shaun dyno tunes are a thing of the past and tuning on the street is now a way to go. Does that satisfy you now?

Remote Tuning with the SCT Live Link Gen 2 - Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Being on a Dyno with your hood open and a fan blowing on your engine isn't real world enough?

Old 02-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Business owners trying to sell tunes, they claim dyno tuning is a thing of the past because they want you to buy tunes from across the country and increase sales to make $. Go to mustang week in Myrtle Beach SC. Watch Justin at VMP at his booth selling very few tunes (mind u VMP is one of most notable tuner around) then look at Pro Dyno having gigantic crowds around and him selling tons of tunes Including dyno pulls!!! Tell me dyno tuning is a thing of the past and not necessary.....maybe its mental, who knows. But if i had a choice between the two, id take dyno tune all day, every day over an email one.
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
Old 02-23-2016, 11:51 AM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Again how "real world" is Dyno tuning?

Old 02-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyzd30 View Post
Business owners trying to sell tunes, they claim dyno tuning is a thing of the past because they want you to buy tunes from across the country and increase sales to make $. Go to mustang week in Myrtle Beach SC. Watch Justin at VMP at his booth selling very few tunes (mind u VMP is one of most notable tuner around) then look at Pro Dyno having gigantic crowds around and him selling tons of tunes Including dyno pulls!!! Tell me dyno tuning is a thing of the past and not necessary.....maybe its mental, who knows. But if i had a choice between the two, id take dyno tune all day, every day over an email one.
You do know that the 2011 up cars come with widebands from the factory that allow one to monitor things and share logs with tuners don't you?

Never heard of Pro Dyno. Maybe all they know how to tune is on their dyno? Doesn't say much for them now does it?
Old 02-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Man you guys don't give up easily on this whole tune issue do you, I think the thread was about Headers, no? Nonetheless, I will continue to entertain your argument. Typical email tunes I have paid for were between 300 all the way up to 800 for my CTS-Vsport. Mustang it seems to fall between 400 to 500 range. For my few dyno tunes I have had, it cost 400....My next dyno tune after ID 1000's and heat exchanger go in next week is costing $500 I think...What I am saying is for me it seems to be very similar or the same price, dyno vs email tune. Does the dyno simulate real world?? I don't know exactly, they claim they attempt to simulate the air that would be going into your car at that speed etc by using fan with hood open. Maybe a dyno is more for bragging rights, I am not an expert mechanic, so I couldn't tell you that answer.

I know this, and most people would agree with me. If someone said the tune is 500 either way, you want an email one or dyno? Email: You have to data log it, maybe send results to me multiple times and hopefully other cars with similar mods I have tuned works for you. Or for the same price I can run on the dyno and get it dialed in?

I would tend to agree with your method if it were far cheaper, but for me dyno tune is the same price.

As for pro dyno. Bro, I have never heard of them either until Mustang week. I guess people have to build their names somehow, it's a good size shop in SC near Charlotte, NC. For a few years now I see tons of people each mustang week using them with great reviews. Previously I had all work done at Roush Yates racing in NC, running safe Roush down and put down decent numbers. Am I taking a risk using another tune? Their reputation seems good, time will tell. Anyone have experience with pro dyno, chime in.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Man you guys don't give up easily on this whole tune issue do you, I think the thread was about Headers, no? Nonetheless, I will continue to entertain your argument. Typical email tunes I have paid for were between 300 all the way up to 800 for my CTS-Vsport. Mustang it seems to fall between 400 to 500 range. For my few dyno tunes I have had, it cost 400....My next dyno tune after ID 1000's and heat exchanger go in next week is costing $500 I think...What I am saying is for me it seems to be very similar or the same price, dyno vs email tune. Does the dyno simulate real world?? I don't know exactly, they claim they attempt to simulate the air that would be going into your car at that speed etc by using fan with hood open. Maybe a dyno is more for bragging rights, I am not an expert mechanic, so I couldn't tell you that answer.

I know this, and most people would agree with me. If someone said the tune is 500 either way, you want an email one or dyno? Email: You have to data log it, maybe send results to me multiple times and hopefully other cars with similar mods I have tuned works for you. Or for the same price I can run on the dyno and get it dialed in?

I would tend to agree with your method if it were far cheaper, but for me dyno tune is the same price.

As for pro dyno. Bro, I have never heard of them either until Mustang week. I guess people have to build their names somehow, it's a good size shop in SC near Charlotte, NC. For a few years now I see tons of people each mustang week using them with great reviews. Previously I had all work done at Roush Yates racing in NC, running safe Roush down and put down decent numbers. Am I taking a risk using another tune? Their reputation seems good, time will tell. Anyone have experience with pro dyno, chime in.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

I would take an email tune from a reputable tuner over some random speed shop with a Dyno honestlu

Old 02-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I hear ya man, I don't really think they are a random shop though. I think from what I read that they have a good reputation. Trust me, I do have a slight hesitation to use them. But everyone in the NC/SC area seem to know them very well, and they have a good rep. I have been to mustang week in Myrtle Beach the last 3 years and there always seem to have a huge crowd around dyno and they tune plenty of cars. Lots of people argue about who is better etc., I put down good numbers as it is. But in all honesty I have extreme problems putting the power to the road. I am not chasing a number, I will work on putting it to the road soon enough. Hopefully it is a good shop, from what I gather it is. A guy working at AM recommend me to him and claims most mustang owners in local area use him.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:27 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Well according to Shaun dyno tunes are a thing of the past and tuning on the street is now a way to go. Does that satisfy you now?

Remote Tuning with the SCT Live Link Gen 2 - Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords
To be fair, I did my own bit of unbiased research, from a subie forum, an ls forum, as well as a few others and most are all under the same impression. Yes Shaun said that in the article and I agree with everything you're saying. I'm simply saying that both are the way to go. If you have the ability to squeeze everything out of it you safely can, you have to do that on the dyno. Everything else, the street is better. Now, I recently received a tune from Shaun and was originally going to go with a dyno tune done by him remotely at a shop that is local to me. I would have had to pay both parties, which wasn't feasible, so I refrained from going that route. In addition to that tidbit, this is part of an email he sent me.

"Jeremy,
Manual or Auto car? I open the options menu in all final tunes so customers can adjust things like Rear end gearing as they see fit, so the gear change should not be an issue.
Street vs remote dyno session the main difference is with the dyno I can validate changes for increased power thru ought the power curve. Street tuning I cannot, although my tunes are typically very close to perfect right off the bat, still every car is a little different.

I’d recommend swapping out the JLT CAI for a ford racing version as the JLT is restrictive. We’ve documented a 10HP difference between the 2.
Pricing has not changed."

Now do you understand what I was trying to get across?
Old 02-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I would take an email tune from a reputable tuner over some random speed shop with a Dyno honestlu

Very true, which is why I wanted to go the route I was shooting for that I talked about in my last post. If you are not going to do anything else to the car and you have the means, that's how I would go about it.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:09 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Am I the only one that notices this but to me the 15-16 with x pipe and axle backs seems to be less loud that the 11-15 5.0 with same set up....

Am I the only one who thinks this
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:41 AM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

Could very well be true. Different exhaust routing due to irs so could be a difference in resonators and such.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #54
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
Am I the only one that notices this but to me the 15-16 with x pipe and axle backs seems to be less loud that the 11-15 5.0 with same set up....

Am I the only one who thinks this

No you're right. It is not as loud. It's crazy quite with any exhaust unless you cut the resonator out. Even then it's pretty quite. A 11-14 car with just and mid volume axle back is louder than a 15-16 with a mid volume cat back with x pipe.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:53 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
B.S. How many cars have you tuned where you arrived to this conclusion? Tuning on the street in "real world conditions" is the way to go.
Amen! Dyno's are a simulated and not live on road. Many times after tuning on the dyno (other platforms) for max hp once I got on the road it was running lean on the street. I know people complain about safety (etc) but, it is the best period. You can log at the track too.
zinc03svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Your amen came to someone who tuned 5 cars......yeah you're right though. A dyno is useless....most car enthisast have used them for decades, but since someone who slept at a holiday inn last night told you they weren't necessary you believe it. Im beginning to think 90% of people on forums dont know **** about cars.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #57
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You are correct in your assessment that 90% of people on forums don't know ****.

However, just because something has been done X way for Z time does not mean its always better.

Real world tuning is superior because now the software/hardware to easily record/log/upload street sessions is cheaply available to the average user where it was not in the past.

Technology also is to the point where the tuner can dial the car in remotely just as easily as he/she could being on the spot with a dyno. And real world street tuning is actual conditions the car is seeing daily, not strapped to a dyno in a shop with a fan blowing over the rad.

The times, they are a changing...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #58
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
P.S. I tuned my own car on the street and 6 others to date. How many have you tuned again?

Back on topic. Go with the 1 7/8 primaries.

Oh you must be an expert then...I'm pretty sure I could find 6 people on this forum that would let me tune their cars as well.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I agree to a point. So how do u account for Road conditions while street tuning? Some days its 95 degrees others 30 degrees, some streets have loose gravel and its hard to even hook period to get accurate pulls. Then u have those guys with blue lights that annoy all of us adrenaline seekers....now the idea of track tuning does sound appealing, i admit that. At the end of the day, all us agree tuning Is necessary. Personally i dont know many people to pass up a dyno tune if it were the same price as an email one with data logs, but to each his own.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1456420727.071767.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	197467

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1456420760.708984.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	197468

I've taken out the resonator box and it's still pretty quiet. I thought I was the only one tripping or paranoid about it.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Oh you must be an expert then...
That I am.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT