Ordering a GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Ordering a GT

I am looking to order my GT because I can't find one built how I want it. I was wondering if anyone knows if the dealer will still give the same discounts for a custom ordered car as opposed to buy the one on the lot. I know the dealer right now has almost all GT's at about $5,000 off right now. I would love to take advantage of this with an ordered one but do not know if that is how it works. Thanks for any input.
rodgersc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Probably not.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Yeah, doubt it. Wherever you have it delivered would be the place to talk to about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The answer is yes and it gets better.

I ordered my GT in November last year. When I placed the order we settled on a price that was TrueCar good. I asked for a little more but the Sales Manager declined saying we locked in the deal and it wouldn't move higher but it was likely there would be more discounts announced before the car was delivered and I would get to take advantage of those. So I went ahead and ordered.

Fast forward to the car being built and in shipment to the dealer. I was browsing the dealers website looking at the cars they had on the lot and the cars they were waiting for. This dealer has all its cars automatically added to their website and they put discount pricing on all of them. So imagine my surprise when I see my car (with vin in the ad) listed as available for a lower price than I had locked in at order time.

I printed the webpage and took it with me when the car came in. I had already arranged my own financing so the delivery process was really simple they appraised my trade and started filling in the amounts owed and then I produced the printout and told them the price had changed. The Salesman was puzzled, not clear on what to do he called the Sales Manager over and in the short conversation he confirmed they had to honor the price on the website. The result was I got even more off the price and was a very happy new owner when I drove home. It pays to pay attention to whats going on. Good Luck. And You're Welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9257.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	197204  
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would imagine if the discounts were given through ford then you would be able to take advantage of them but if the dealer is giving s discount to more cars on their lot then probable not

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I would assume you can order a car for at least a few hundred dollars over invoice, the same you would pay if you where are smart shopper and buying new.
PendletonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
No way. They discount them cause they want them off their lot. " you want to eat good? You got to pay good!!"

Old 02-20-2016, 09:21 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Ordering a GT

Trust a dealer to try and screw you. They're good at it, as you found out. But good job on your end; you screwed them over. Nice!

Every day is a joyride.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Look at Fords website it will display the current offers on Mustangs. Usually around end of March they offer pretty good rebates through Ford (not including dealer incentives). You should be able to order a car and have these taken off. You may be able to negotiate more depending on if the dealer wants to make a sale but definitely wont have as much leverage as a car sitting on the lot.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PendletonCowboy View Post
I would assume you can order a car for at least a few hundred dollars over invoice, the same you would pay if you where are smart shopper and buying new.
OP says $5k savings. That's substantily lower than Invoice which typically for a GT is only $2K -$2.4K below MSRP.
True car is saying $3.6k below invoice which includes basic incentives.
But I agree that you can almost always order exactly what you want at Invoice minus Ford rebates.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT