First drive with convertible wind blocker in place. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
First drive with convertible wind blocker in place.

Really one of the first nice days here for the year (60+ degrees), and I was also anxious to try out our new "Love the Drive" windblocker I got for Christmas.
In short -- WE LOVE IT!!
At 75 mph with the blocker up and the windows down, buffeting is reduced by about 50%. Roll the windows up, and it is reduced to "0", nada, none, zilch. The interior of the car is quiet, warm, and you can talk with your wife in a completely normal -- or even lower -- voice. It is truly remarkable how the windshield now shoots everything behind you and behind the blocker.
For me, driving at highway speeds with the top down was very tiring -- lots of aural and sensory input to deal with.........no more!

Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ahh someone I trust

And it's really that good?
2016 GT Vert, SB, AT, 3:55s Weathertech, JLT, Steeda, Colgan, Velossa Tech, Coyote Spacers, Diode Dynamics, Shelby GT350 SW, Curt, Goodridge, aFe, MRT, BMR, Kooks, Mishimoto
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Nice!
That should really extend your "top down" season up north.

I assume that it is mounted so it can be quickly removed and stored in the trunk, in case you need to use the back seat?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2016, 12:16 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dog View Post
And it's really that good?
At speed, with the windows up, 75 mph felt like 15 or 20.......it was amazingly calm and quiet. You can talk with your passenger as if you were sitting next to them at the kitchen table.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:18 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Nice!
That should really extend your "top down" season up north.

I assume that it is mounted so it can be quickly removed and stored in the trunk, in case you need to use the back seat?
Four clips and it comes right out. You can see the installation video on their webpage. It will fit in the trunk if you need it to.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Sweet thank you for the post. This will be my next purchase. We had high 60's last weekend. I could have used the wind block

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:18 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
Sweet thank you for the post. This will be my next purchase. We had high 60's last weekend. I could have used the wind block
You're more than welcome........one of the last drives we took before we put the car away for the winter was 41 degrees, and without the wind blocker -- yes we had the top down -- windows up, heated seats on high, heater fan on high, dressed like we were going skiing.
Yesterday, with the new blocker and the temp at 55, I had to turn off the heated seats as they were too warm.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Glad you enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks. For me, I've been driving convertibles since '91. I love the feel of the wind blowing around you. You just becomes used to and deal with the extra noise. To me, it's part of the experience. I never wear hats, so I'm not sure how easily they blow off. My wife has longer hair and it blow around quite a bit. Anyone who ones a convertible knows your hair blows forward. If it bothers her, she just puts it in a pony tail. I also like the clean lines of a convertible when the top is down, I don't like anything breaking it up.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Glad you enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks. For me, I've been driving convertibles since '91. I love the feel of the wind blowing around you. You just becomes used to and deal with the extra noise. To me, it's part of the experience. I never wear hats, so I'm not sure how easily they blow off. My wife has longer hair and it blow around quite a bit. Anyone who ones a convertible knows your hair blows forward. If it bothers her, she just puts it in a pony tail. I also like the clean lines of a convertible when the top is down, I don't like anything breaking it up.
The nice thing about the wind blocker is it folds down in 1/2 a second, so around town it will probably stay folded most of the time.
We do quite long trips in the convertible, and when you are on the highway for 6 to 8 hours, that is when it will likely remain up all the time for us. Although on a really hot day, I can see us folding it down for a while too.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Went to run an errand this morning and with a jacket on and the top down, windows up and wind blocker in place, I had to turn the heated seats down to medium, and the heat down to 68 degrees, with the fan on low.........it was WAY too warm inside the car......but the outside temp? 39 degrees!!
This thing is going to totally change my mindset as to when we can drive with the top down. Pretty amazing this morning, and I was pleased I spent the $$'s!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT