Dead '16 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #36
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Power Train is 5 years 100.000 miles

The engine on his is now covered for 100,000 miles

Read it and learn something,

Warranty Coverage at a Glance

The warranty coverages are

summarized below.

New Vehicle Limited Warranty

Bumper-to-Bumper (Includes

Tires)

. Coverage is for the first 3 years

or 36,000 miles, whichever

comes first.

Powertrain

. Coverage is for the first 5 years

or 100,000 miles, whichever

comes first.

Sheet Metal

. Corrosion coverage is for the

first 3 years or 36,000 miles,

whichever comes first.

. Rust-through coverage is for the

first 6 years or 100,000 miles,

whichever comes first.

Emission Control System

Warranty

For light duty trucks, see How to

Determine the Applicable Emissions

Control Systems Warranty under

Emission Control Systems Warranty

on page 25 for more information.

Federal

. Gasoline Engines and Car

Diesel Engines

‐ Defects and performance for

cars and light duty truck

emission control systems are

covered for the first 2 years or

24,000 miles, whichever

comes first. From the first

2 years or 24,000 miles to

3 years or 36,000 miles

defects in material or

workmanship continue to be

covered under the New

Vehicle Limited Warranty

Bumper-to-Bumper coverage

explained previously.

Specified major components

are covered for the first

8 years or 80,000 miles,

whichever comes first.

heavy duty truck emission

control systems are covered

for the first 5 years or

50,000 miles, whichever

comes first.

. 6.6L Duramax® Diesel Engines

are covered for the first 5 years

or 50,000 miles, whichever

comes first.

California

. Gasoline Engines and Car

Diesel Engines

cars and trucks with light duty

or medium duty emission

control systems are covered

for the first 3 years or

50,000 miles, which

This is for a 2015 Corvette right out of the Manual.

They agreed to cover his replacement engine for 5 years up to 100,000 miles which will be good if he keeps the Corvette for five years.

Original warranty on the GM engines is 3 years - 36,000 miles unless you buy an extended warranty.

Ronnie

The powertrain covers the engine and Trans. I just went thru this. It says powertrain is cover for 5 years and 100k

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2016, 09:00 AM   #37
Road Trip!
Regular

Did you even read what you posted? It says nothing about the engine being excluded from the powertrain and I don't have a 6.6 Diesel engine. Wtf are you talking about?

Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 AM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Are you some kind of stupid TROLL???????
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #39
Road Trip!
Regular

Like I said...

2016 model years receive 40k less in powertrain warranty. But 2015 and below enjoy a 5 year 100k powertrain. And...yes that includes the engine.

Diesel engines receive a different powertrain as outlined in the warranty info. I clearly don't have a Diesel engine. Maybe your friend swapped his ls1 for a deisel truck engine?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1458742188.366941.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	198641

Old 03-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #40
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Are you some kind of stupid TROLL???????
Ronnie

No sir. I'm just policing the truth. Misinformation is dangerous these days.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm sorry but you better call your dealer because it does "NOT" include the engine in the part that says power train. Almost all cars sold have a nice power train warranty but that does not include the engine.
The printout I posted is a copy right out of the 2015 Corvette handbook.

On a better note, How do you like your Corvette, My last Corvette was a 1998 that I had for eleven years. I used to track it a lot and it finely was just falling apart but I still got a good trade in value on it.
I had a 1968 that I lost in my divorce and I had a 1966 427 right before that one.
Corvettes and Mustangs seem to be the cars I like best of any made-EVER.
The 2015 and 2016 ZO 6's are destroying the supercars when it comes to performance.
I'm sorry if I thought you were a troll but do check and you will see your engine is covered for 36,000 miles.
Ronnie
Old 03-23-2016, 09:39 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
That really stinks what happened to your Mustang. I hope they get it put back together - give you extended warranty and whatever else to make it right. I can't imagine being your wife under the situation. I am glad she is ok. I would be devastated if that happened to mine or my husbands. There is something special about dream cars and things going wrong that just kills you. My 2014 is leaking a little something. We think it might be oil. I am just sick - my husband is saying don't worry they will figure it out and fix it and I am still sick about it. It is only a 2014 and we just brought it out of winter storage 3 weeks ago. The leak just started this last weekend. I am frantic to get the vehicle in and fixed and they are talking snow the next couple days. UGGGGH. So I know your feeling - keep us in the loop as to what they find and do for compensation. Tell your wife I empathize with her!
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #43
Road Trip!
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1458743642.122262.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	198643

This is the new GM powertrain that details what it covers as far as the engine.

The pre 2016 power train is 5 years 100k. The 2016 powertrain is 5 years 60k.

It's covered...

I feel bad for your friend that thought he was getting a deal on his "engine" warranty.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:43 AM   #44
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
play nice folks..................plz
Old 03-23-2016, 09:54 AM   #45
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

We are, We are just having a discussion.
Ronnie
Old 03-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #46

Region: Missouri
Got the Mustang back yesterday. Ford agreed to extended the bumper to bumper warranty to 75K miles and pay for 5 runs on a dyno at a shop near my house that my dealership sends all their Roush and Saleen's. They also fully detailed the car at a shop near the dealer since it was kind of messy.

So far happy but have been driving around with my ear listening very carefully to how she sounds. There are a few creaking sounds when we hit certain bumps but I think that may just be the bushings needing to be re-lubricated a little bit. If it doesn't go away I'll take it back and have the dealer take another look. Tested just about everything I can think of electronic on the car as well and it seems to be working.

I also found out today while driving through our neighborhood that my neighbor is a member of the Mustang Club of St. Louis and he recommended that I join. He has a really nice Shelby GT that I've loved looking at for a few years now. I'll be filling out my application joining on Monday.

Glad to back in the Mustang community officially!
GreenMachine650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine650 View Post
Got the Mustang back yesterday. Ford agreed to extended the bumper to bumper warranty to 75K miles and pay for 5 runs on a dyno at a shop near my house that my dealership sends all their Roush and Saleen's. They also fully detailed the car at a shop near the dealer since it was kind of messy.

So far happy but have been driving around with my ear listening very carefully to how she sounds. There are a few creaking sounds when we hit certain bumps but I think that may just be the bushings needing to be re-lubricated a little bit. If it doesn't go away I'll take it back and have the dealer take another look. Tested just about everything I can think of electronic on the car as well and it seems to be working.

I also found out today while driving through our neighborhood that my neighbor is a member of the Mustang Club of St. Louis and he recommended that I join. He has a really nice Shelby GT that I've loved looking at for a few years now. I'll be filling out my application joining on Monday.

Glad to back in the Mustang community officially!

Great news...congrats.
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:40 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine650 View Post
GreenMachine because I have a Candy Lime Green Kawasaki motorcycle.
Glad you also ride
i too had a similar issue with a blown engine in a new vehicle... except mine was the first japanese machine i have ever bought... a 2011 GSXR 600. blew up at 7400 miles in the first year (yes i rode it a lot) i hit redline ONCE because my toe slipped off the shifter in haste. other than that, normal spirited riding... they took the rest of the riding season to fix the engine, and like you, i was disgusted.
in hindsight, i should have just kept the bike, but i ended up trading it in and i regret it to this very day.
feel very lucky you have a decent dealership, i have had some horror stories with trying to get them to stand by their warranty.

also, you mentioned getting an MKZ, i too, had one of them! great car, AWD trim was pretty bad on fuel though... if you're buying used, make sure it wasn't in a wreck, i found out mine was, and 6 months later lost $6,000 on it when i traded it for my mustang. no regrets getting the mustang lol one thing to pay attention to, that i absolutely hated about my MKZ, is the transmission. take a test drive, and stop at a stop sign/light and then try to take off relatively smoothly... i'm fairly certain they got rid of the torque converter in the Aisin A6 transmission and i couldn't stand that feeling. it's like having a 2500rpm stall converter in something that's supposed to ride smooth that you drive daily.

wish you the best of luck, try to keep your spirits up man, i know it's tough.
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT