Nitto nt05 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Nitto nt05

Hey,

I was wondering what you guys thought about the nt05 tires, not the R but the regular ones. I recently purchased a set of 305-35-19 in this tire and had them on for about 5k miles and they were toast after 5k miles. The tires had great traction but they developed a bad whining sound with highway driving and it also developed a flat spot which created a pulsating hum at speed. I had a lot of tread left but they were cupping already after 5k. What are your thoughts on this? My camber was on the aggressive side but was still in spec with oem. It was set at -2.0 in the rear. Factory pp calls for -1.5. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Do the S550s have an adjustable rear toe link? If so, check your toe angle. I have had a lot of trouble with my toe angle getting knocked out by the lovely roads around here (we set it to .25 degree out, then three months later, it is 1.5 degrees out, causing the inside inch of the tires to fall off). I have had to toss three otherwise good sets of $1400 "street tires" to this.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
Do the S550s have an adjustable rear toe link? If so, check your toe angle. I have had a lot of trouble with my toe angle getting knocked out by the lovely roads around here (we set it to .25 degree out, then three months later, it is 1.5 degrees out, causing the inside inch of the tires to fall off). I have had to toss three otherwise good sets of $1400 "street tires" to this.

I'm not sure but I should be good to go now. I also added slightly more camber in the front vs rear to compensate for understeer. So far, the handling is pretty neutral compared to the stock setting that general induce understeer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
the NT05 is just not a true daily tire unless you can accept these type of things. I have not had but have rode in and know some who have. They are really just barely legal so tht you can drive to track IMO. I am thinking aobut getting them for traction as I spiritedly drive around town but I am getting race tires/wheels for track.

Even the INVO which I had are pretty noisy although I did get about 15,000 or so on them.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
the NT05 is just not a true daily tire unless you can accept these type of things. I have not had but have rode in and know some who have. They are really just barely legal so tht you can drive to track IMO. I am thinking aobut getting them for traction as I spiritedly drive around town but I am getting race tires/wheels for track.

Even the INVO which I had are pretty noisy although I did get about 15,000 or so on them.

I've had 25k miles on invos before and they were tolerable as far as noise even at 25k. I think the nt05's would have been fine if they didn't develop a flat spot. The flat spot created resonance in the cabin that was just crazy. I wonder what caused the flat spot.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Mine are somewhat noisy compared to stock. That said, with my cobrajet setup and 275's, they're a blessing. Yes with the 373s, it's a challenge in first, but doable with a bit of concentration and experience. Great tires if you ask me.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT