Mustang Evolution Forum banner

3M 1080 vinyl roof wrap

18K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
So I decided to forgo a stripe kit but still wanted something to set me apart. A friend who owns a tinting shop in Cumming GA said wrap the roof. He ordered the part and I washed, clay bar, polish and then waxed to get all the imperfections out. With the roof as smooth as glass and shining better than every other part we got to work laying the 5'x6' sheet. It looks like this and really sets off the roof lines that I think go unnoticed. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Yellow Hood

Yes it's fast, no you can't drive it.

See less See more
#3 ·
I HAVE to do this since my roof paint is boogered. Keep meaning to get to it but then it got cold. Now that its warming up, will get back to it. Also maybe consider plasti dip from someone who can actually do a good job with it and make it look good and not like some kid with a civic did it.

Or just take the car to a good paint shop and get it painted... which is another option for me.

#10 ·
You can wrap the roof with the antenna on without much problem. Look up some of the Avery Dennison how to videos on YouTube. They cover this and should provide you with some insight on how vinyl application process works. Vinyl is a lot of practice to get the technique right.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#13 ·
So I just got a quote from a professional wrapper (lol) for my roof and it was $400 or so with the vinyl and the labor. I called a good paint place near me and got the same damn price to paint it black and clear it.

So pick your poison. If you want to be able to put it back to the stock color go with vinyl but if you want paint its probably the same price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.