2015 GT advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #1

Region: Georgia
2015 GT advice

Been working with a local dealer on a vert gt premium. I had been looking for a 2016 but they have a 2015 they want to make a deal on. My question about the 2015 is I have researched the 2016 and am not sure what I need to watch for about a 2015

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Ricw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I recently did the same thing . I was between a black 2016 GT no performance package and a 2015 performance pack GT. The only difference was that the 16's come with hood turn signals, SYNC 3 (better than MFT, but who cares that much ?) and the 401a package (on my model I was looking at). In CAD it was 47000$, while the 15' was at 51000$. The trick is , Ford offered me 0% Interest on my 15, whereas the 16' would've been something like 2-3%. So I got the car I wanted without having to pay interest to a bank . My payment size did not increase from my 2014GT PP. All I did was swap up. I also got the price knocked down a few grand , got an extended warranty thrown in and had a free high quality wax and detail for the car. Sales are slow right now, just let them know what your number is (amount you are comfortable paying per month Snc how many years you want to commit to ) and then let them crunch numbers for you. GuarAnteed you can get s better deal than you think you have right now. They are in the business of moving cars by volume and a slow March is bad for their fiscal report and their investors.

But yeah, same car minus a few features.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
^ actually you are better off negotiating the price of the car and then figuring out the terms/ rates that work for you instead of telling them you have to have your payments at x amount. If you tell them you need your payment at x and they manipulate the terms you may get a lower payment but end up paying more for the car.

To the OP regardless of what they want to make a deal on I would stick to what you want. Is the 15 new or used? Be sure to factor in depreciation even if it's new bc it is not as desirable as a 16. I am generally more flexible on color bc I really don't care but I would decide what options you want and stick to them. If they don't have or can't get the car you want (at the right price) don't be afraid to walk out as there are other ford dealers out there.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2016, 11:16 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Wait...lets back that up. You paid 51k for a 2015 gt? I'm sorry man. You got screwed.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Wait...lets back that up. You paid 51k for a 2015 gt? I'm sorry man. You got screwed.

If you read his post that's Canadian dollars not USD.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I paid 50k CAD so approx 36k USD for Performance pack 2015 GT with recaros and an extended warranty. At the end of the day , all that matters is the monthly payment. My 2014' was 46000$ all said and done and at 5.5% interest . So you decide what you want to do. All I know is I got an upgrade without changing my standard of life or waiting another 3 years for my car to be paid off. I negotiated hard. I left the dealer. I told them the number I was okay paying and the car I would accept taking . I did not want to compromise on options . Realistically speaking , my 14 was worth 10000$ less sticker price and the dealership was able to shift numbers around to make a sale . They didn't make much on me. They restored my cars paint to factory because j complained , they took close to 2k off the price and sold the ext warranty at half cost . I was a returning customer so I knew the guys. They just had zero power to get me to buy an equivalent 16' with bad interest. I already had a mustang sitting in the parking lot. Like I told em, either way I am leaving with a mustang and this much money in my pocket. If you want a sale, you're going to have to meet me the whole way there . They did

Old 03-20-2016, 06:37 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
If you read his post that's Canadian dollars not USD.

Whew...I'm glad. Carry on.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I paid 50k CAD so approx 36k USD for Performance pack 2015 GT with recaros and an extended warranty. At the end of the day , all that matters is the monthly payment. My 2014' was 46000$ all said and done and at 5.5% interest . So you decide what you want to do. All I know is I got an upgrade without changing my standard of life or waiting another 3 years for my car to be paid off. I negotiated hard. I left the dealer. I told them the number I was okay paying and the car I would accept taking . I did not want to compromise on options . Realistically speaking , my 14 was worth 10000$ less sticker price and the dealership was able to shift numbers around to make a sale . They didn't make much on me. They restored my cars paint to factory because j complained , they took close to 2k off the price and sold the ext warranty at half cost . I was a returning customer so I knew the guys. They just had zero power to get me to buy an equivalent 16' with bad interest. I already had a mustang sitting in the parking lot. Like I told em, either way I am leaving with a mustang and this much money in my pocket. If you want a sale, you're going to have to meet me the whole way there . They did

You gotta be careful with this though. Yes your payment is the same, but is your term the same? When I got my 2014 gt500 I made the mistake of saying that I needed my payments to be at or under $900 and they made it happen but it was a 84 month term with some inflated purchase pride numbers. And my down payment from my previous car was lost ect... I purchased my 2015 gt pp with recaros for 32,649 usd out the door. I think 36 is a tad high. Also...did you have negative equity in your trade? Dealers like to try to hide negative equity by hiding it in the purchase price.

I just bought a vette and I changed things up a bit and it worked out for me. I only told them the max amount I would finance, the max term, and the interest rate I'm looking for. For me this worked because I had some negative equity and by telling the them the max amount I would finance I actually controlled what they give me for the car and my trade. It backs them in a corner and the only thing they can do is try to get you in a cheaper car or ask to put nor cash down.. Which they tried. It took about 5 days, but they ended up meeting my demands.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Trust me , I meant ALL the same. There was no way I was gonna do 7 or 8 years just to get into a new stang . And actually , I made 4K on top of what j owed so it made a down payment equal to what I put on the 2014. Since our dollar is weak and the USD is strong , my car sold quickly across the border . The dealer made me that offer and two days later my car was gone.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #10
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Trust me , I meant ALL the same. There was no way I was gonna do 7 or 8 years just to get into a new stang . And actually , I made 4K on top of what j owed so it made a down payment equal to what I put on the 2014. Since our dollar is weak and the USD is strong , my car sold quickly across the border . The dealer made me that offer and two days later my car was gone.

If it was that quick they sold it to a whole seller.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Probably . I live less than an hour from Washington State and they were saying that they have good success flipping 13-14 GT track packs in mint condition. Mine only 10000 miles on it too, so that was definitely attractive to them

Old 03-31-2016, 05:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You sure did

cliff cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
i paid 39,800 for just my car, no other warranties or anything and that's with Ford X plan pricing. Granted, mine has all the bells and whistles, nav/PP/cooled and heated seats/50year anni package... But yeah i didn't know what "CAD" was and i almost choked on my orange juice lol
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT