2015 GT advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hamptom
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2
2015 GT advice

Been working with a local dealer on a vert gt premium. I had been looking for a 2016 but they have a 2015 they want to make a deal on. My question about the 2015 is I have researched the 2016 and am not sure what I need to watch for about a 2015


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Ricw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
I recently did the same thing . I was between a black 2016 GT no performance package and a 2015 performance pack GT. The only difference was that the 16's come with hood turn signals, SYNC 3 (better than MFT, but who cares that much ?) and the 401a package (on my model I was looking at). In CAD it was 47000$, while the 15' was at 51000$. The trick is , Ford offered me 0% Interest on my 15, whereas the 16' would've been something like 2-3%. So I got the car I wanted without having to pay interest to a bank . My payment size did not increase from my 2014GT PP. All I did was swap up. I also got the price knocked down a few grand , got an extended warranty thrown in and had a free high quality wax and detail for the car. Sales are slow right now, just let them know what your number is (amount you are comfortable paying per month Snc how many years you want to commit to ) and then let them crunch numbers for you. GuarAnteed you can get s better deal than you think you have right now. They are in the business of moving cars by volume and a slow March is bad for their fiscal report and their investors.

But yeah, same car minus a few features.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
^ actually you are better off negotiating the price of the car and then figuring out the terms/ rates that work for you instead of telling them you have to have your payments at x amount. If you tell them you need your payment at x and they manipulate the terms you may get a lower payment but end up paying more for the car.

To the OP regardless of what they want to make a deal on I would stick to what you want. Is the 15 new or used? Be sure to factor in depreciation even if it's new bc it is not as desirable as a 16. I am generally more flexible on color bc I really don't care but I would decide what options you want and stick to them. If they don't have or can't get the car you want (at the right price) don't be afraid to walk out as there are other ford dealers out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2016, 11:16 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Wait...lets back that up. You paid 51k for a 2015 gt? I'm sorry man. You got screwed.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Wait...lets back that up. You paid 51k for a 2015 gt? I'm sorry man. You got screwed.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

If you read his post that's Canadian dollars not USD.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
I paid 50k CAD so approx 36k USD for Performance pack 2015 GT with recaros and an extended warranty. At the end of the day , all that matters is the monthly payment. My 2014' was 46000$ all said and done and at 5.5% interest . So you decide what you want to do. All I know is I got an upgrade without changing my standard of life or waiting another 3 years for my car to be paid off. I negotiated hard. I left the dealer. I told them the number I was okay paying and the car I would accept taking . I did not want to compromise on options . Realistically speaking , my 14 was worth 10000$ less sticker price and the dealership was able to shift numbers around to make a sale . They didn't make much on me. They restored my cars paint to factory because j complained , they took close to 2k off the price and sold the ext warranty at half cost . I was a returning customer so I knew the guys. They just had zero power to get me to buy an equivalent 16' with bad interest. I already had a mustang sitting in the parking lot. Like I told em, either way I am leaving with a mustang and this much money in my pocket. If you want a sale, you're going to have to meet me the whole way there . They did


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:37 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
If you read his post that's Canadian dollars not USD.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Whew...I'm glad. Carry on.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I paid 50k CAD so approx 36k USD for Performance pack 2015 GT with recaros and an extended warranty. At the end of the day , all that matters is the monthly payment. My 2014' was 46000$ all said and done and at 5.5% interest . So you decide what you want to do. All I know is I got an upgrade without changing my standard of life or waiting another 3 years for my car to be paid off. I negotiated hard. I left the dealer. I told them the number I was okay paying and the car I would accept taking . I did not want to compromise on options . Realistically speaking , my 14 was worth 10000$ less sticker price and the dealership was able to shift numbers around to make a sale . They didn't make much on me. They restored my cars paint to factory because j complained , they took close to 2k off the price and sold the ext warranty at half cost . I was a returning customer so I knew the guys. They just had zero power to get me to buy an equivalent 16' with bad interest. I already had a mustang sitting in the parking lot. Like I told em, either way I am leaving with a mustang and this much money in my pocket. If you want a sale, you're going to have to meet me the whole way there . They did


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

You gotta be careful with this though. Yes your payment is the same, but is your term the same? When I got my 2014 gt500 I made the mistake of saying that I needed my payments to be at or under $900 and they made it happen but it was a 84 month term with some inflated purchase pride numbers. And my down payment from my previous car was lost ect... I purchased my 2015 gt pp with recaros for 32,649 usd out the door. I think 36 is a tad high. Also...did you have negative equity in your trade? Dealers like to try to hide negative equity by hiding it in the purchase price.

I just bought a vette and I changed things up a bit and it worked out for me. I only told them the max amount I would finance, the max term, and the interest rate I'm looking for. For me this worked because I had some negative equity and by telling the them the max amount I would finance I actually controlled what they give me for the car and my trade. It backs them in a corner and the only thing they can do is try to get you in a cheaper car or ask to put nor cash down.. Which they tried. It took about 5 days, but they ended up meeting my demands.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Trust me , I meant ALL the same. There was no way I was gonna do 7 or 8 years just to get into a new stang . And actually , I made 4K on top of what j owed so it made a down payment equal to what I put on the 2014. Since our dollar is weak and the USD is strong , my car sold quickly across the border . The dealer made me that offer and two days later my car was gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #10
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Trust me , I meant ALL the same. There was no way I was gonna do 7 or 8 years just to get into a new stang . And actually , I made 4K on top of what j owed so it made a down payment equal to what I put on the 2014. Since our dollar is weak and the USD is strong , my car sold quickly across the border . The dealer made me that offer and two days later my car was gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

If it was that quick they sold it to a whole seller.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Probably . I live less than an hour from Washington State and they were saying that they have good success flipping 13-14 GT track packs in mint condition. Mine only 10000 miles on it too, so that was definitely attractive to them


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Boca Raton Fla
Region: Florida
Posts: 57
You sure did


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cliff cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
TigerStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Westerly
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 141
i paid 39,800 for just my car, no other warranties or anything and that's with Ford X plan pricing. Granted, mine has all the bells and whistles, nav/PP/cooled and heated seats/50year anni package... But yeah i didn't know what "CAD" was and i almost choked on my orange juice lol
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mustang GT PP vs 2015 Camaro 1LE Ish416 2015 Mustang GT 111 06-12-2015 05:52 PM
2015 3.7 Vs 2015 2.3 ecoboost 2011 Kona Blue 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6) 114 01-05-2015 06:16 AM
desire advice... stock investment type advice... dark The Bar 4 04-23-2006 07:07 PM
Need some engine advice B4 I go to the races Rellik Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 24 07-17-2003 07:16 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:30 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.