Why didn't he buy the 5.0? Asked one more time.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Why didn't he buy the 5.0? Asked one more time....

In Defense of the Ecoboost Mustang
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Because he didn't want one.

UltArc, one of our forum members, commented on that article. As soon as he said "hyper-miling", I knew it was him.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It's funny how people try and justify their purchases to others. Why did I buy a V6? Because I wanted it, end of story.

Maybe the car enthusiasts I hang out with are different but I've never once had someone who owned a half way respectable car ask me why I didn't get a v8 or tell me it's only a v6. It's always the morons in civics or camrys that are either talking about what there going to get or how there going to do x to their car and it's going to have 800 horsepower. Now online is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2016, 07:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
i dunno man, i live by "there is no replacement for displacement" and guess what? the camaro beats us at that too! people ask me "why didn't you buy the camaro" lol it's all subjective. nobody will ever be happy with your purchase, just you. and 90% of the time, it's haters whom are jealous that they don't have something that nice, or they paid double that price for their BMW ///M car.

The ecoboost is cool, but in good european fashion, i think they should have made it an inline-6 with a turbo instead... tell me a mustang guy talks smack after that!
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
^Well why DIDN'T you buy the Camaro?

2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
^Well why DIDN'T you buy the Camaro?
short story:
i don't trust chevy, or know enough about them to say i can fix them the best way possible after the warranty runs out

long story:
in my teens and early adult stages, i did nothing but go to work and fix my junk fords... broncos, f150s, and 5.0L mustangs of 87-94' Then i went and moved into the modular ford world and the first engine i have successfully rebuilt is a modular 5.4L. i know every nook and cranny in them. the 2010 camaros were pretty cheap ($26k for one with less than 40,000 miles) and still run a tremec transmission (which i like better) but my cousins are all chevy guys and most of my friends are chevy guys and any time i have helped them fix their chevys, i usually ended up causing more damage than good. there's a special place in my heart for that new camaro, but i personally don't think i could own one with peace of mind
TigerStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT