Which Tune? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Which Tune?

I need your help guys. I'm thinking about tuning my car and I want to know which tune to get. My options are Bama Steeda and Lund. I'm kind of leaning towards steeda cause I talked to one of their reps and they told me that they've never had anyone report any problems with their tune and that it should not deny any warranty claim and if a problem does occur they'd help me get it fixed with ford. I have a 100k bumper to bumper and power train so warranty is still important. So what tune are you guys all running and which one should I go with? I'm going to be pairing up the tune the an airaid cold air intake.
ali_bhai8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 10:00 PM   #2

Region: Florida
New to this e-tune game and wondering myself. I've heard good things about all of them. The Lund nGauge is pretty bad ***, though.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I wanted but I'd rather have the piece of mind with steeda having my back incase anything does ever go wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 11:14 PM   #4

I believe they have a version that will accept tunes from anyone. I'm still in the process of evaluating.

I was looking at Steeda before I saw the nGauge. No rush, just want to get it right.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Steeda is flat out lying to you. If you tune your car you will lose your powertrain warranty no doubt about it. So be ready to pony up if something goes wrong.

As far as tunes go the Lund nGauge is the way to go.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Steeda is flat out lying to you. If you tune your car you will lose your powertrain warranty no doubt about it. So be ready to pony up if something goes wrong.

As far as tunes go the Lund nGauge is the way to go.
Steeda also tends to be more conservative, has a great working relationship with Ford so they probably are pretty confident their tunes won't harm the motor. Of course you are correct Ford would definitely void the warranty if it blows up and steeda would likely only stand behind it if the tune was the cause.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2016, 07:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_bhai8 View Post
I need your help guys. I'm thinking about tuning my car and I want to know which tune to get. My options are Bama Steeda and Lund. I'm kind of leaning towards steeda cause I talked to one of their reps and they told me that they've never had anyone report any problems with their tune and that it should not deny any warranty claim and if a problem does occur they'd help me get it fixed with ford. I have a 100k bumper to bumper and power train so warranty is still important. So what tune are you guys all running and which one should I go with? I'm going to be pairing up the tune the an airaid cold air intake.
ALL aftermarket tunes could impact your warranty !
Check with your dealership, but maybe an FRPP tune, ( Ford ) wouldn't.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post

ALL aftermarket tunes could impact your warranty !

Check with your dealership, but maybe an FRPP tune, ( Ford ) wouldn't.

Now they had a ford tune for the 14s but I haven't been able to find anything for the 15s or 16s
Old 04-01-2016, 08:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Just void the warranty. It's not that big of a deal. I laughed at the guy when he offered me an extended warranty and told him I was going to void it as soon as possible, and I did. The sooner you come to terms with voiding it, the sooner you can have more fun with your car. Warranties are just a crutch preventing you from running wild and having fun.
2014Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
FORD Racing doesn't have a tune available yet for the 15-16 cars. Their timetable keeps getting pushed back. Also with their warranty it reduces your drivetrain from 5/60 to 3/36.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Grabber,

As I explained to the OP - it is best to talk to his dealer & talk about their feelings on tuning.

A failure from a tune, particularly our tunes is extremely rare. The tunes we send out are the same tunes used in our Steeda serialized vehicles sold through Ford dealers.

Vehicles that are backed by a warranty, hence need to have a tune that is not going to cause us warranty issues.

Should an engine failure occur, we would work with the Ford dealer for proper diagnostics, this would include not only traditional diagnostics but things such as fuel octane testing and other techniques to fully determine the cause of failure. Should it be determined that indeed the tuning was the cause of the engine failure and not abuse, over revving, improper fuel octane, etc, then we would work with the customer on resolving the failure.

You are in good hands with Steeda - powerful, reliable & safe - its a great mix!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If your main concern is keeping your 100k warranty, then don't get any tune! I have been tuned since 5k miles!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

What tune are you running and have you had any problems with it?
Old 04-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
If you bought an extended warranty, you might as well go back to the dealership and get it refunded. They will prorate it. That that money and buy your tune and whatever else go fast goodies you want. Or put it in the bank for when/if you had a failure so you can pay to fix the car. Lol.

I love Steeda stuff. I don't have a tune. I'm not sure why I don't at this point. Maybe I'm afraid of how much I will like it. But I would go with Steeda if the ngauge wasn't a factor. I have also looked at those and thought that would be pretty sweet. Don't hear many bad things about a Lund tune either. I don't think you can lose with either.

I need Steeda to sponsor me at this point so I can get a tune 😂👍🏻
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What tune are you running and have you had any problems with it?
Never had a single issue with any of my tunes. I have Bama, Steeda and MPT. I like MPT the best but my Bama tune is close behind it. Nothing wrong with my Steeda tune!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
MPT specializes in tuning the 3.7. Since you have a GT you may want to look at other options. I personally am a fan boy of Bama because I never had any issues. I have been told to get AED tune if you have auto or Lund for manual Gt's.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-01-2016, 10:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
But I would go with Steeda if the ngauge wasn't a factor.
Wouldn't the nGauge HP version accept a Steeda tune? Seems like this would be the ideal if you prefer the Lund interface but still want flexibility with programming.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:06 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

We don't tune for the nGauge as the SCT platform is our preferred.

SR56 ... you are only a couple miles away - let's get you dyno tuned at our Pompano Beach facility!

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 04-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
We don't tune for the nGauge as the SCT platform is our preferred.

SR56 ... you are only a couple miles away - let's get you dyno tuned at our Pompano Beach facility!

Best Regards,

TJ
Haha. I've already been emailing Rod about getting some stuff done.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I went with Steeda and love the tune. I had one issue that was totally my fault, I did not remove the restrictor from my Steeda CAI so the car was very choppy when I took it out for a test drive.

A quick email to Steeda and they set me straight and all was well!
mhagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha. I've already been emailing Rod about getting some stuff done.
Brilliant minds think alike!

TJ

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote:
I went with Steeda and love the tune. I had one issue that was totally my fault, I did not remove the restrictor from my Steeda CAI so the car was very choppy when I took it out for a test drive.

A quick email to Steeda and they set me straight and all was well!
Glad we could meet & exceed your expectations!

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 04-06-2016, 02:28 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Waiting for my VMP 675 HP tune for my RS3 Roush, will be here Friday.
caballorojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:13 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I got my lund tune yesterday along with my jlt intake and all I can say is WOW! Thing is straight up violent. Far exceeded my expectations.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT