California special vs performance pack? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016MustangGT View Post
They are not faster in a straight line necessarily but at a track it will be faster hp/trq are not the only things determining speed in a car.
It will suck your bank account faster over the non performance pack

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Just a near stock 3.7
Well actually there is not that large of a price difference between the two and trying to buy the performance upgrades of the PP pack would cost a lot but with some vinyl wrap, a couple tasteful mods and a little bit of skill you could make a better looking car than the Cali pack and have some extra cash in you pocket.
2016MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I would go for the perofrmance package I'm actually trying to get one I already have everything signed and ready to go the only thing stopping me is if I'm willing to trade in my 14 gtcs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
peter863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 07:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter863 View Post
I would go for the perofrmance package I'm actually trying to get one I already have everything signed and ready to go the only thing stopping me is if I'm willing to trade in my 14 gtcs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
you wont regret it trust me!
2016MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I traded my 14gt track pack for a s550 GT with pp and I have no regrets !

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7

If you brake faster , you can slow down later when approaching turns, thus taking less time to complete a lap. That would make your car faster on a track without just adding more hp/tq, as someone explained above. Anyways, I'm glad to see ignorance is always available in large supplies around here.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
If you brake faster , you can slow down later when approaching turns, thus taking less time to complete a lap. That would make your car faster on a track without just adding more hp/tq, as someone explained above. Anyways, I'm glad to see ignorance is always available in large supplies around here.

Totally understand and get why this would be useful for auto track racing. Not seeing why upgraded brakes and suspension parts needed for someone who drives to a from work, Wal Mart and sunny days.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
You don't have to go to a track to enjoy mods done to your car.

Respect the Classics.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
You don't have to go to a track to enjoy mods done to your car.

Respect the Classics.
Oh, I know that. I just wondering why with this new amazing IRS would someone want upgraded handling packages when they don't track race.

What's wrong with the standard GT braking and handling of the IRS

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-27-2016, 09:12 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Apparently it's wrong to have LCAs when you only make as much power as the -2010 V8s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

California special vs performance pack?

Simple. They wanted it. Why? Only reason they need.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461813202.575155.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	200364
That's a built street legal drag car, my friend bought early last year. Supercharged E85 built SBC, caged, tubbed, weight reduction, diff shorten, etc. I 120% guarantee you that car will never see a drag strip. Why did he buy a drag car if he isn't going to take it to the strip? He wanted it, plain and simple. Only reason he needed. It doesn't have to make sense to us. The only person he needs to justify his purchase to is himself.

Respect the classics.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

You don't have to. You obviously don't see value in this. Alternatively , come people see no value in having leather seats and nav systems in their cars because their iPhones have nav and they don't necessarily need leather. That's why these options exist. If they were included in your car and into the base price, would you remove them and place smaller brakes because you don't race? Of course not. So if you want all the nice stuff like rims and track apps (which are fun no matter how old you are ) then you get it. It reLly has nothing to do with what you plan to do . Makes sense ? I can guarantee a lot of people think the way we do. Otherwise how would you explain literally every Ferrari and Lamborghini owner ever .

Old 04-27-2016, 09:26 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

The theme of the Mustang has never been need. It was meant to allow us to express wants at a time when the only wants available were far too expensive (Corvette etc). Who really needs a mustang ? A need would be defined as simply cheap and effective transportation or ability to car many passengers and items. The mustang does neither of those . Not that many people need a faster car that barely accepts a single passenger. But , since the car outsold both Challenger and Camaro last month, that should indicate to you that quite a few people want these things. What do you want ?

Old 04-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
The theme of the Mustang has never been need. It was meant to allow us to express wants at a time when the only wants available were far too expensive (Corvette etc). Who really needs a mustang ? A need would be defined as simply cheap and effective transportation or ability to car many passengers and items. The mustang does neither of those . Not that many people need a faster car that barely accepts a single passenger. But , since the car outsold both Challenger and Camaro last month, that should indicate to you that quite a few people want these things. What do you want ?

I want a GT350R!.. Though I've never been on a actual Road Course!.. I have done some AutoX and I hit the Strip when I can!.. 😎

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:14 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

That's perfectly fine. So do I . And I will one day.my next mustang will be a Shelby. I have no need for it, but screw it having a beautiful Shelby is all about pedigree and satisfaction to me

Old 04-28-2016, 04:09 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Simple. They wanted it. Why? Only reason they need.
Attachment 200364
That's a built street legal drag car, my friend bought early last year. Supercharged E85 built SBC, caged, tubbed, weight reduction, diff shorten, etc. I 120% guarantee you that car will never see a drag strip. Why did he buy a drag car if he isn't going to take it to the strip? He wanted it, plain and simple. Only reason he needed. It doesn't have to make sense to us. The only person he needs to justify his purchase to is himself.

Respect the classics.
Absolutely. Buy whatever that person wants. For me, when I buy any performance modification or appearance modification There's an actual reason other than because I want it. So I agree with you, nothing wrong with buying it just because they want it.

In relation to what the OP was asking I was trying to understand if they were racing which is geared to his question which package to buy. Depending on how they want to use the car it may be better for them to purchase the performance package. It may be better for them to purchase the California special package. Depending on their usage of the car which was what I was asking, if they track race.

On a side note to the question I was making a statement in general and I never understood why people buy all these upgraded suspension parts, big brake sets that are primarily geared to help with track racing and yet people never track race.

If it's solely based on the look of the Brembo brakes I understand that because that would be a cosmetic reason. Heck, I just purchased slotted and drilled rotors. If someone asked me why I purchased them, the answer would be simple. I did it for appearance purposes only and love the look of them.

Are the slotted and drilled rotors going to keep my brakes a bit cooler than standard rotors? Don't know, don't care, completely irrelevant, strictly for appearance purposes why I did it. Point being I was just trying to figure out what OP plans to do with the car because depending on the answer the California special package may be a much better option for them

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #52

I went with the CS with upgrade on the gears versus the PP, I just like the appearance more not planning on running at track.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462501912.475372.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	200646

Chris20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:33 PM   #53
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris20 View Post
I went with the CS with upgrade on the gears versus the PP, I just like the appearance more not planning on running at track.Attachment 200646

Looks good man! They offer 3.73 now on the Cs?

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:35 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I went with the CS with upgrade on the gears versus the PP, I just like the appearance more not planning on running at track.Attachment 200646

Great choice bro. Finally someone gets it! πŸ‘

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Look at that!! That's beautiful man πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
LMS 93 Performance-3 Bar V4 tune-160*Tstat-SP534 plugs-Windstorm-H&R Exp Springs
LeoGTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:08 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Looks great!

Respect the classics.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:20 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

California special vs performance pack?

I was bored one day and went to a dealer and was considering buying a new Mustang. The 2016 California Special to me anyway didn't stand out as much versus the regular GT as previous GT/CS's so if we are talking new I'd go with the PP. The 2012 GT/CS however looks great compared to the GT. But in the end it's kind of what you want it's your money and I'm sure you'll be happy with either. A few mods can easily make one like the other.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Looks good man! They offer 3.73 now on the Cs?

I think the 3.73 only comes in the PP. The GT/CS comes standard with 3.31 but you can step up to a 3.55 for about 500 bucks.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #59

Quote:
Looks great!

Respect the classics.

Thanks

Old 05-05-2016, 10:51 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think the 3.73 only comes in the PP. The GT/CS comes standard with 3.31 but you can step up to a 3.55 for about 500 bucks.

Meh it's not a huge Deal. Still doing laps around the 4's and 6's. Congrats

Old 05-06-2016, 01:39 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I was looking at getting a 14 GT base w/Track Pack or a 2013 GT Premium when I was looking for mine. I ended up going with the premium and I don't regret it. The 3.73 would be nice but I'm perfectly happy with mine. I have heard that although the Track pack may increase your track capabilities and make it feel quicker, it also seems to drop your MPG moderately. "Why worry about MPG in a muscle car?" - If it is your daily and you're never going to track it, then it might be a factor, albeit not a decisive one. Go with what you like. I added the GT/CS spoiler to my GT and I'm looking at GT/CS rims as well, so there's a lot to be said about personal preference. Go with the one you like better, that makes you feel happiest. You have to live with it everyday, not everyone here!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Roush Axle-back exhaust

Next up: Quarter-panel louvers, Hotchkis TVS Stage 2 Suspension kit
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
I was looking at getting a 14 GT base w/Track Pack or a 2013 GT Premium when I was looking for mine. I ended up going with the premium and I don't regret it. The 3.73 would be nice but I'm perfectly happy with mine. I have heard that although the Track pack may increase your track capabilities and make it feel quicker, it also seems to drop your MPG moderately. "Why worry about MPG in a muscle car?" - If it is your daily and you're never going to track it, then it might be a factor, albeit not a decisive one. Go with what you like. I added the GT/CS spoiler to my GT and I'm looking at GT/CS rims as well, so there's a lot to be said about personal preference. Go with the one you like better, that makes you feel happiest. You have to live with it everyday, not everyone here!

Another person who gets what I have said in the past. Of course with the PP you have all those cool braging rights when you go to car shows. Who doesn't like braging rights, I know I sure do. πŸ‘ Oh wait, I have a 3.7, no cool braging rights there. Darn it!

Great choice on you're 13 GT!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #63
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Another person who gets what I have said in the past. Of course with the PP you have all those cool braging rights when you go to car shows. Who doesn't like braging rights, I know I sure do. πŸ‘ Oh wait, I have a 3.7, no cool braging rights there. Darn it!

Just a near stock 3.7

For me I just like the look of the pp better. The gauge clusters are really cool too.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

congrats! the California Specials are great looking cars!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
For me I just like the look of the pp better. The gauge clusters are really cool too.

When you say you like the look of the PP better, I'm assuming you are talking about the Brembo brakes? Or is that not what you are talking about?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the PP and non PP look the same from an exterior and interior standpoint?

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When you say you like the look of the PP better, I'm assuming you are talking about the Brembo brakes? Or is that not what you are talking about?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the PP and non PP look the same from an exterior and interior standpoint?

Just a near stock 3.7
the wheels would be the only other difference really, besides the front brakes as you mentioned

Old 05-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
the wheels would be the only other difference really, besides the front brakes as you mentioned

Okay, well that makes sense. I did not know that. So from an eye pleasing standpoint the wheels and the Brembo brakes look nicer on the PP. I can see where your coming from and that makes sense on why to take the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
I went with the CS with upgrade on the gears versus the PP, I just like the appearance more not planning on running at track.
Good job. I was going to say - Cali Special hands down and upgrade the gears. Nice looking ride!

The California Special is why both me and my husband have one. He fell in love with mine and had to have one tool
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
Good job. I was going to say - Cali Special hands down and upgrade the gears. Nice looking ride!

The California Special is why both me and my husband have one. He fell in love with mine and had to have one tool
My father's 2014 CS! He is getting the stage 2 Roush blower installed in two weeks.

Just a near stock 3.7
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1462557137114.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	200660  
Old 05-06-2016, 12:07 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7
Thanks! It's been great so far, no regrets! I never liked how the GT/CS have the front fog lights deleted, so I'm glad I didn't get one. I can see why people like them, though.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1462558007412.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	200663  
Roush Axle-back exhaust

Next up: Quarter-panel louvers, Hotchkis TVS Stage 2 Suspension kit
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
california