California special vs performance pack? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #71
Registered User
Newbie
 
Chris20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Collinwood
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
Good job. I was going to say - Cali Special hands down and upgrade the gears. Nice looking ride!



The California Special is why both me and my husband have one. He fell in love with mine and had to have one tool

Thanks girl, post pics of the two


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Chris20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
Thanks! It's been great so far, no regrets! I never liked how the GT/CS have the front fog lights deleted, so I'm glad I didn't get one. I can see why people like them, though.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If one really likes the fog lights, you are correct, the CS is not for you because they are deleted.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Performance Pack for sure. Just add whatever fun cosmetic mods yourself. Always start with performance and end with polish.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
Performance Pack for sure. Just add whatever fun cosmetic mods yourself. Always start with performance and end with polish.
Maybe yes and maybe no. I say this because depending on how one uses their vehicle. What real more performance aspect is someone going to get from a PP over a non performance pack who does not track race?

Not talking about the looks of the PP but performance wise! For the owner who is not track racing, the polish aspect being the CS is a better option in my opinion. Assuming one likes the wheels of the CS and its other exterior mods.

Unless the CS brakes don't stop the car properly, I'm not really understanding any real performance benefit of the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Maybe yes and maybe no. I say this because depending on how one uses their vehicle. What real more performance aspect is someone going to get from a PP over a non performance pack who does not track race?

Not talking about the looks of the PP but performance wise! For the owner who is not track racing, the polish aspect being the CS is a better option in my opinion. Assuming one likes the wheels of the CS and its other exterior mods.

Unless the CS brakes don't stop the car properly, I'm not really understanding any real performance benefit of the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7
The PP will give you more performance whether you are on the street or track... Just because your car comes with something like shorter gears, doesn't mean you can't benefit from it if you aren't tracking it... The performance pack offers a better feel of the this powerful car...

That's like saying, why put any performance upgrades into your car at all, if you are just going to use it as a daily driver... Or even saying, why buy a GT if your not going to do burnouts or drive the car hard?

You even have LCAs, on a V6 of all things! And you will back that **** to the end of time... yet you don't track your car... cmon man which side are you on??

Ford intentionally renamed the Track Pack to Performance Pack, because of ridiculous forum debates stemming this one guy named Kona Blue...
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Maybe yes and maybe no. I say this because depending on how one uses their vehicle. What real more performance aspect is someone going to get from a PP over a non performance pack who does not track race?

Not talking about the looks of the PP but performance wise! For the owner who is not track racing, the polish aspect being the CS is a better option in my opinion. Assuming one likes the wheels of the CS and its other exterior mods.

Unless the CS brakes don't stop the car properly, I'm not really understanding any real performance benefit of the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462585823.916941.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	200687


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #77
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Now we're talking : ) this is turning into my kind of thread.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Attachment 200687


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Hummm! Good question ******. Good question indeed! Let's think about that for a little bit!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:15 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
The PP will give you more performance whether you are on the street or track... Just because your car comes with something like shorter gears, doesn't mean you can't benefit from it if you aren't tracking it... The performance pack offers a better feel of the this powerful car...

That's like saying, why put any performance upgrades into your car at all, if you are just going to use it as a daily driver... Or even saying, why buy a GT if your not going to do burnouts or drive the car hard?

You even have LCAs, on a V6 of all things! And you will back that **** to the end of time... yet you don't track your car... cmon man which side are you on??

Ford intentionally renamed the Track Pack to Performance Pack, because of ridiculous forum debates stemming this one guy named Kona Blue...
We covered this. The LCA's are to help control the wheel hop when I'm frequently nailing it from an dead stop. So, I have a reason and purpose for it. What does track racing have to do with getting a set of $150 LCA's? The purpose is to control wheel hop and based how I like to drive my pony, mission accomplished. You and I already covered this!

The owner of a non track pac/PP can easily spend the $600 for a gear install with gears. The stock GT suspension handles quite well especially the S550 with the IRS. SMH at the putz's on this site. They grow daily on here.

I'm all for performance upgrades but mine all have a purpose based on how I use the car and want it to sound.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
How about everyone just buy what they want. There is no right or wrong choice here.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #81
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,302
^ this.


Respect the classics.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
How about everyone just buy what they want. There is no right or wrong choice here.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I totally agree! Buy what you like and want!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #83
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
We covered this. The LCA's are to help control the wheel spin when I'm frequently nailing it from an dead stop. So, I have a reason and purpose for it. What does track racing have to do with getting a set of $150 LCA's? The purpose is to control wheel hop and based how I like to drive my pony, mission accomplished. You and I already covered this!

The owner of a non track pac/PP can easily spend the $600 for a gear install with gears. The stock GT suspension handles quite well especially the S550 with the IRS. SMH at the putz's on this site. They grow daily on here.

I'm all for performance upgrades but mine all have a purpose based on how I use the car and want it to sound.

Just a near stock 3.7

So the lca's were to help with wheel spin? I thought you said wheel hop.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #84
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I totally agree! Buy what you like and want!

Just a near stock 3.7

Do you yodel? Because my cheese ate your cabana and I have no yogurt left.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
So the lca's were to help with wheel spin? I thought you said wheel hop.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Correted it, wheel hop! Yep, LCA's helped solve my wheel HOP! But I don't need Brembo brakes from a performance standpoint because based on how I drive my standard calipers and brakes work just fine. I press on the brake and the car stops. Its amazing how that works.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:06 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
Do you yodel? Because my cheese ate your cabana and I have no yogurt left.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sure man!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
MarkH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northeast
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 166
I got the performance pack and can't wait to put stickers all over it 🤑


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
We covered this. The LCA's are to help control the wheel hop when I'm frequently nailing it from an dead stop. So, I have a reason and purpose for it. What does track racing have to do with getting a set of $150 LCA's? The purpose is to control wheel hop and based how I like to drive my pony, mission accomplished. You and I already covered this!

The owner of a non track pac/PP can easily spend the $600 for a gear install with gears. The stock GT suspension handles quite well especially the S550 with the IRS. SMH at the putz's on this site. They grow daily on here.

I'm all for performance upgrades but mine all have a purpose based on how I use the car and want it to sound.

Just a near stock 3.7
Fact is, LCAs are a performance upgrade. By your logic, performance upgrades are for track use only.

Anyways, to the OP - it's much easier to throw on a few CS cosmetic mods, than it is to install some of the PP performance mods.

It all comes down to, if you want to just talk the talk, or be able to walk the walk.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462637307.903565.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	200700




Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Attachment 200700




Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
LOL
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
I got the performance pack and can't wait to put stickers all over it 🤑


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Stickers are the best. I would put stickers all over it telling everyone you have the PP!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
Fact is, LCAs are a performance upgrade. By your logic, performance upgrades are for track use only.

Anyways, to the OP - it's much easier to throw on a few CS cosmetic mods, than it is to install some of the PP performance mods.

It all comes down to, if you want to just talk the talk, or be able to walk the walk.
Of course they are a performance upgrade. Who said all performance upgrades are for track use only? Not me. Were talking about the PP is designed for track use. That's what Ford said, not me! Its Fords design not mine. That's why the PP gets 5W50 weight oil.

What does a performance upgrade have to do with for track purposes only? Nothing at all, you're just one of those special kind of people who rode the very short bus. I understand sir. I'm very understanding of those with mental special needs.





Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Attachment 200700




Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution


Just a near stock 3.7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1462644384341.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	200704  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
Fact is, LCAs are a performance upgrade. By your logic, performance upgrades are for track use only.

Anyways, to the OP - it's much easier to throw on a few CS cosmetic mods, than it is to install some of the PP performance mods.

It all comes down to, if you want to just talk the talk, or be able to walk the walk.


Just a near stock 3.7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1462644461719.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	200705  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
GTGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Stoughton
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 218
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Of course they are a performance upgrade. Who said all performance upgrades are for track use only? Not me. Were talking about the PP is designed for track use. That's what Ford said, not me! Its Fords design not mine. That's why the PP gets 5W50 weight oil.

What does a performance upgrade have to do with for track purposes only? Nothing at all, you're just one of those special kind of people who rode the very short bus. I understand sir. I'm very understanding of those with mental special needs.

Just a near stock 3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Just a near stock 3.7
I knew you could be a bit of a moron at times, but I thought you were better than this man... I enjoy goofing off just as much as you sometimes, but your presentation of personal argument and these last few posts are just outright immature... If you were 12, it'd make sense, but I know you're older than that... I'll just keep you around for the funny ****, and completely discredit you in technical posts.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
TRMN8ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
Nice setup guys, that is an awesome picture! My girl and I both drive black 13/14 S197s - she has the V6 while I have the GT.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:52 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
I knew you could be a bit of a moron at times, but I thought you were better than this man... I enjoy goofing off just as much as you sometimes, but your presentation of personal argument and these last few posts are just outright immature... If you were 12, it'd make sense, but I know you're older than that... I'll just keep you around for the funny ****, and completely discredit you in technical posts.
Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. I aim to please and mission accomplished! Keep up the good work and you're highly entertaining!

You say my personal argument! Wait, were arguing here???? I'm just discussing things on the forum. No argument on my part. You must be a bit confused which I'm very understanding of.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #99
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Of course they are a performance upgrade. Who said all performance upgrades are for track use only? Not me. Were talking about the PP is designed for track use. That's what Ford said, not me! Its Fords design not mine. That's why the PP gets 5W50 weight oil.

What does a performance upgrade have to do with for track purposes only? Nothing at all, you're just one of those special kind of people who rode the very short bus. I understand sir. I'm very understanding of those with mental special needs.





Just a near stock 3.7

I bet the techs laugh at you when you bring it in for service.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
I buy suspension and performance parts just to add some color under the car and the hood.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
California special vs performance pack?

You can do whatever you like with your money. Personally I'd prefer if people cautioned me about buying tacky looking stickers for a V6 rather than having morons try to argue the legitimacy of owning a track ready car for commuting and touring. Like give us a break. How would you feel , Kona , if people constantly asked why you spent 50$ on V6 stickers at Autozone if you don't watch Ellen Degeneres or own a dozen cats? That would be annoying.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
I bet the techs laugh at you when you bring it in for service.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I don't bring it in for service so not sure but maybe!

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
You can do whatever you like with your money. Personally I'd prefer if people cautioned me about buying tacky looking stickers for a V6 rather than having morons try to argue the legitimacy of owning a track ready car for commuting and touring. Like give us a break. How would you feel , Kona , if people constantly asked why you spent 50$ on V6 stickers at Autozone if you don't watch Ellen Degeneres or own a dozen cats? That would be annoying.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I never spent $60 dollars on my stickers especially from Autozone. You have to be a little more specific, which tacky V6 stickers are you talking about. You think this is aruguing? Ba ha ha. You clearly are confused and on top of that now my feelings are hurt because you called me a moron. This makes Kona very sad to hear such mean things.

Here we were having such a nice discussion on this lovely thread and you became such a big meany. I know deep down you're very sorry for saying that and you really didn't mean calling me a moron. I accept your apology and it's okay buddy. Now let's try to carry on this nice discussion in a friendly manner without you being a D bag

Does Ellen even have a television show on these days?





Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
California special vs performance pack?

You're really out of your league here. Lol. Since you denied everything else , I'm going to assume you didn't deny owning a depressingly large amount of cats. Sniped!

Makes perfect sense now!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
You're really out of your league here. Lol. Since you denied everything else , I'm going to assume you didn't deny owning a depressingly large amount of cats. Sniped!

Makes perfect sense now!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
What Autozone V6 stickers were you referring about? I missed the cat thing! I have two cats and a dog? Is that a large amount of cats?

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
california

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: (NJ) 2014 Mustang GT - Oxford White, 5K miles, RECARO, TRACK PACK, BREMBO PACK jeffrey5.0 Mustangs for Sale and Wanted 5 12-23-2015 08:13 AM
2007 Mustang GT California Special bowandaero 2005-2010 Mustang GT 13 10-24-2007 04:46 PM
2007 Mustang California Special jager67 New Member Introductions & Greetings 22 10-18-2006 06:55 AM
California Special NorwegianMustang The Bar 20 01-24-2005 05:57 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:46 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.