California special vs performance pack? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #71

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
Good job. I was going to say - Cali Special hands down and upgrade the gears. Nice looking ride!

The California Special is why both me and my husband have one. He fell in love with mine and had to have one tool

Thanks girl, post pics of the two

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Chris20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
Thanks! It's been great so far, no regrets! I never liked how the GT/CS have the front fog lights deleted, so I'm glad I didn't get one. I can see why people like them, though.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If one really likes the fog lights, you are correct, the CS is not for you because they are deleted.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Performance Pack for sure. Just add whatever fun cosmetic mods yourself. Always start with performance and end with polish.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
Performance Pack for sure. Just add whatever fun cosmetic mods yourself. Always start with performance and end with polish.
Maybe yes and maybe no. I say this because depending on how one uses their vehicle. What real more performance aspect is someone going to get from a PP over a non performance pack who does not track race?

Not talking about the looks of the PP but performance wise! For the owner who is not track racing, the polish aspect being the CS is a better option in my opinion. Assuming one likes the wheels of the CS and its other exterior mods.

Unless the CS brakes don't stop the car properly, I'm not really understanding any real performance benefit of the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Maybe yes and maybe no. I say this because depending on how one uses their vehicle. What real more performance aspect is someone going to get from a PP over a non performance pack who does not track race?

Not talking about the looks of the PP but performance wise! For the owner who is not track racing, the polish aspect being the CS is a better option in my opinion. Assuming one likes the wheels of the CS and its other exterior mods.

Unless the CS brakes don't stop the car properly, I'm not really understanding any real performance benefit of the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7
The PP will give you more performance whether you are on the street or track... Just because your car comes with something like shorter gears, doesn't mean you can't benefit from it if you aren't tracking it... The performance pack offers a better feel of the this powerful car...

That's like saying, why put any performance upgrades into your car at all, if you are just going to use it as a daily driver... Or even saying, why buy a GT if your not going to do burnouts or drive the car hard?

You even have LCAs, on a V6 of all things! And you will back that **** to the end of time... yet you don't track your car... cmon man which side are you on??

Ford intentionally renamed the Track Pack to Performance Pack, because of ridiculous forum debates stemming this one guy named Kona Blue...
Old 05-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462585823.916941.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	200687

Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #77
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Now we're talking : ) this is turning into my kind of thread.

Mcturd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Attachment 200687

Hummm! Good question ******. Good question indeed! Let's think about that for a little bit!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-06-2016, 10:15 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The PP will give you more performance whether you are on the street or track... Just because your car comes with something like shorter gears, doesn't mean you can't benefit from it if you aren't tracking it... The performance pack offers a better feel of the this powerful car...

That's like saying, why put any performance upgrades into your car at all, if you are just going to use it as a daily driver... Or even saying, why buy a GT if your not going to do burnouts or drive the car hard?

You even have LCAs, on a V6 of all things! And you will back that **** to the end of time... yet you don't track your car... cmon man which side are you on??

Ford intentionally renamed the Track Pack to Performance Pack, because of ridiculous forum debates stemming this one guy named Kona Blue...
We covered this. The LCA's are to help control the wheel hop when I'm frequently nailing it from an dead stop. So, I have a reason and purpose for it. What does track racing have to do with getting a set of $150 LCA's? The purpose is to control wheel hop and based how I like to drive my pony, mission accomplished. You and I already covered this!

The owner of a non track pac/PP can easily spend the $600 for a gear install with gears. The stock GT suspension handles quite well especially the S550 with the IRS. SMH at the putz's on this site. They grow daily on here.

I'm all for performance upgrades but mine all have a purpose based on how I use the car and want it to sound.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

How about everyone just buy what they want. There is no right or wrong choice here.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #81
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
^ this.

Respect the classics.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
How about everyone just buy what they want. There is no right or wrong choice here.

I totally agree! Buy what you like and want!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #83
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
We covered this. The LCA's are to help control the wheel spin when I'm frequently nailing it from an dead stop. So, I have a reason and purpose for it. What does track racing have to do with getting a set of $150 LCA's? The purpose is to control wheel hop and based how I like to drive my pony, mission accomplished. You and I already covered this!

The owner of a non track pac/PP can easily spend the $600 for a gear install with gears. The stock GT suspension handles quite well especially the S550 with the IRS. SMH at the putz's on this site. They grow daily on here.

I'm all for performance upgrades but mine all have a purpose based on how I use the car and want it to sound.

Just a near stock 3.7

So the lca's were to help with wheel spin? I thought you said wheel hop.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #84
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
I totally agree! Buy what you like and want!

Just a near stock 3.7

Do you yodel? Because my cheese ate your cabana and I have no yogurt left.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcturd81 View Post
So the lca's were to help with wheel spin? I thought you said wheel hop.

Correted it, wheel hop! Yep, LCA's helped solve my wheel HOP! But I don't need Brembo brakes from a performance standpoint because based on how I drive my standard calipers and brakes work just fine. I press on the brake and the car stops. Its amazing how that works.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-06-2016, 11:06 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you yodel? Because my cheese ate your cabana and I have no yogurt left.

Sure man!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I got the performance pack and can't wait to put stickers all over it 🤑

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We covered this. The LCA's are to help control the wheel hop when I'm frequently nailing it from an dead stop. So, I have a reason and purpose for it. What does track racing have to do with getting a set of $150 LCA's? The purpose is to control wheel hop and based how I like to drive my pony, mission accomplished. You and I already covered this!

Just a near stock 3.7
Fact is, LCAs are a performance upgrade. By your logic, performance upgrades are for track use only.

Anyways, to the OP - it's much easier to throw on a few CS cosmetic mods, than it is to install some of the PP performance mods.

It all comes down to, if you want to just talk the talk, or be able to walk the walk.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462637307.903565.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	200700

Old 05-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 200700

LOL
Old 05-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
I got the performance pack and can't wait to put stickers all over it 🤑

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Stickers are the best. I would put stickers all over it telling everyone you have the PP!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Fact is, LCAs are a performance upgrade. By your logic, performance upgrades are for track use only.

Anyways, to the OP - it's much easier to throw on a few CS cosmetic mods, than it is to install some of the PP performance mods.

It all comes down to, if you want to just talk the talk, or be able to walk the walk.
Of course they are a performance upgrade. Who said all performance upgrades are for track use only? Not me. Were talking about the PP is designed for track use. That's what Ford said, not me! Its Fords design not mine. That's why the PP gets 5W50 weight oil.

What does a performance upgrade have to do with for track purposes only? Nothing at all, you're just one of those special kind of people who rode the very short bus. I understand sir. I'm very understanding of those with mental special needs.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 200700

Just a near stock 3.7
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1462644384341.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	200704  
Old 05-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1462644461719.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	200705  
Old 05-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Of course they are a performance upgrade. Who said all performance upgrades are for track use only? Not me. Were talking about the PP is designed for track use. That's what Ford said, not me! Its Fords design not mine. That's why the PP gets 5W50 weight oil.

What does a performance upgrade have to do with for track purposes only? Nothing at all, you're just one of those special kind of people who rode the very short bus. I understand sir. I'm very understanding of those with mental special needs.

Just a near stock 3.7
Quote:
Just a near stock 3.7
I knew you could be a bit of a moron at times, but I thought you were better than this man... I enjoy goofing off just as much as you sometimes, but your presentation of personal argument and these last few posts are just outright immature... If you were 12, it'd make sense, but I know you're older than that... I'll just keep you around for the funny ****, and completely discredit you in technical posts.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
Nice setup guys, that is an awesome picture! My girl and I both drive black 13/14 S197s - she has the V6 while I have the GT.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:52 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I knew you could be a bit of a moron at times, but I thought you were better than this man... I enjoy goofing off just as much as you sometimes, but your presentation of personal argument and these last few posts are just outright immature... If you were 12, it'd make sense, but I know you're older than that... I'll just keep you around for the funny ****, and completely discredit you in technical posts.
Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. I aim to please and mission accomplished! Keep up the good work and you're highly entertaining!

You say my personal argument! Wait, were arguing here???? I'm just discussing things on the forum. No argument on my part. You must be a bit confused which I'm very understanding of.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #99
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7

I bet the techs laugh at you when you bring it in for service.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I buy suspension and performance parts just to add some color under the car and the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

California special vs performance pack?

You can do whatever you like with your money. Personally I'd prefer if people cautioned me about buying tacky looking stickers for a V6 rather than having morons try to argue the legitimacy of owning a track ready car for commuting and touring. Like give us a break. How would you feel , Kona , if people constantly asked why you spent 50$ on V6 stickers at Autozone if you don't watch Ellen Degeneres or own a dozen cats? That would be annoying.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bet the techs laugh at you when you bring it in for service.

I don't bring it in for service so not sure but maybe!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can do whatever you like with your money. Personally I'd prefer if people cautioned me about buying tacky looking stickers for a V6 rather than having morons try to argue the legitimacy of owning a track ready car for commuting and touring. Like give us a break. How would you feel , Kona , if people constantly asked why you spent 50$ on V6 stickers at Autozone if you don't watch Ellen Degeneres or own a dozen cats? That would be annoying.

I never spent $60 dollars on my stickers especially from Autozone. You have to be a little more specific, which tacky V6 stickers are you talking about. You think this is aruguing? Ba ha ha. You clearly are confused and on top of that now my feelings are hurt because you called me a moron. This makes Kona very sad to hear such mean things.

Here we were having such a nice discussion on this lovely thread and you became such a big meany. I know deep down you're very sorry for saying that and you really didn't mean calling me a moron. I accept your apology and it's okay buddy. Now let's try to carry on this nice discussion in a friendly manner without you being a D bag

Does Ellen even have a television show on these days?

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

California special vs performance pack?

You're really out of your league here. Lol. Since you denied everything else , I'm going to assume you didn't deny owning a depressingly large amount of cats. Sniped!

Makes perfect sense now!

Old 05-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're really out of your league here. Lol. Since you denied everything else , I'm going to assume you didn't deny owning a depressingly large amount of cats. Sniped!

Makes perfect sense now!

What Autozone V6 stickers were you referring about? I missed the cat thing! I have two cats and a dog? Is that a large amount of cats?

Just a near stock 3.7

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
california